IGNORED

17.00 Hours 24/3/2005

Maesknoll Red

Guest hairyshamrock

I'm going to say Tommy to QPR before anyone else does, not that i'm of caring mind this evening.

I can imagine us buying someone who, in footballing terms is a Jodie Marsh... looks impressive but doesn't actually do a lot but go out on the town! Oh sorry, thats our current first team squad!!!!

• Admin
Transfer deadline is less than 2 weeks away, any predictions for players coming in or going out before then.

Seems that Coles to Plymouth is more than 50/50, I suppose a lot depends on Hearts stumping up some cash for Lee Miller.

Can Hearts actually sign Lee Miller ?, is there no transfer window in Scotland ?

What value would you put on Gilly.

Got him for free and as City don't rate him as 3rd grade quality couldn't expect more than 10-20k. now.

In a years time though, given Leroy's run of games this season, i'd expect him to have proved himself conclusively and be of similar value.

With that prospect, his value now should not be relevant - keep him and play him.

Got him for free and as City don't rate him as 3rd grade quality couldn't expect more than 10-20k. now.

In a years time though, given Leroy's run of games this season, i'd expect him to have proved himself conclusively and be of similar value.

With that prospect, his value now should not be relevant - keep him and play him.

Nogbad, i've seen Gilly half a dozen times and as an old coach/player, i think he's like a lot of youngsters they see "striker" as where the glory is. I think he and Tins are wrong, he is not a Lita/Heffs style striker, he is just as much a goal creator. He has proved that at Cheltenham, they have worked it out early, but thats where his value is. I am on record as saying over a longer period he will prove a better all round player than Lita.

Gillespie is the best forward we have,for me ahead of lita a better alround player that for me should be in this first team.

hes not just a box player but hes brings other players into play with good passing and knock downs.

Didnt play for liverpool for nothing as i said hes is the best striker we have.

Nogbad, i've seen Gilly half a dozen times and as an old coach/player, i think he's like a lot of youngsters they see "striker" as where the glory is. I think he and Tins are wrong, he is not a Lita/Heffs style striker, he is just as much a goal creator. He has proved that at Cheltenham, they have worked it out early, but thats where his value is. I am on record as saying over a longer period he will prove a better all round player than Lita.

Not sure we entirely agree then Rednready. I think Gillespie could match Leroy and Heffs best totals as a goalscorer.

I agree with his capacity to create being far superior and that is why his value could outstrip them both.

Leroy's goal return for a long time has been poor and Gillespie's footballing brain would give opposition defences far more to think about.

Hopefully his loan out is to get experience only and he will get an extended chance at City next season.

Archived