IGNORED

Scott Brown

Nogbad the Bad

Considering he's come into a City team lacking confidence he's looking a very tidy little player.

Quick, skilful, good passing tackler with a hell of a shot on him - i like midfielders who can shoot, and what a shot that was today. Plus a great run and pacey left footed cross that a diving Leroy missed by a whisker.

His busyness allowed Doherty to play one of his better games as he covered the ground that the Doc can't, and Doc's passing was much more measured as a result.

He's had blips, as is to be expected in a youngster, but in a good City team he appears to have all the attributes to blossom into the box to box goalscoring midfielder we have lacked for so long.

Considering he's come into a City team lacking confidence he's looking a very tidy little player.

Quick, skilful, good passing tackler with a hell of a shot on him - i like midfielders who can shoot, and what a shot that was today. Plus a great run and pacey left footed cross that a diving Leroy missed by a whisker.

His busyness allowed Doherty to play one of his better games as he covered the ground that the Doc can't, and Doc's passing was much more measured as a result.

He's had blips, as is to be expected in a youngster, but in a good City team he appears to have all the attributes to blossom into the box to box goalscoring midfielder we have lacked for so long.

Good positive call. Brown brings out the best in Doc, i think with the youngsters around him, Doc realises....finally...his responsibility. Another angle, Gilly has not scored in his 2 games back at Cheltenham, but has sure created plenty of chances. Good judges in the forum have suggested trying him as a creative link, i agree. Goals get attention and young players think that scoring is the fast track to headlines. Before seasons end i would love to see Gilly play a couple between Doc & Brown and Brooker & Lita. I hope Tins has not written Gillespie out of Cities future, a mistake IMO.

Good positive call. Brown brings out the best in Doc, i think with the youngsters around him, Doc realises....finally...his responsibility. Another angle, Gilly has not scored in his 2 games back at Cheltenham, but has sure created plenty of chances. Good judges in the forum have suggested trying him as a creative link, i agree. Goals get attention and young players think that scoring is the fast track to headlines. Before seasons end i would love to see Gilly play a couple between Doc & Brown and Brooker & Lita. I hope Tins has not written Gillespie out of Cities future, a mistake IMO.

I'm not up to speed with Gillespie's latest sojourn at Cheltenham.

Take it from what you say that Ward is playing him as a link man instead of as a main striker?

I too would like him to get a chance there at City because i can't see him ousting Lita or Brooker.

Still think he could score heavily as a frontman for City but like Dave Cotterill may have to adapt position to get a place. Only thing that would worry me was seeing him diving in at Clevedon pre-season when it looked as if mixing it in the midfield area might lead to alot of bookings for mistimed tackles.

I really hope Tinman rates Gillespie, he loooks far too good to let slip away.

I thought he was terrible today. Far too many balls given straight to the opposition. I was surprised he wasn't subsituted a lot sooner than he was.

Well everyone was guilty of that Taz, i didn't say he was perfect.

I stress the point that he's come into a poor City team, lacking confidence and not giving the guidance a young player needs.

I noted the 2 instances above because they were outstanding pieces of skill that the majority of our midfielders are not capable of. These instances alone, which both so nearly led to breaking the deadlock, put him above being labelled "terrible" in my opinion.

Yes, passes went astray, but he has the heart, skill and shooting power that many of our midfielders lack.

Given experience and a better team around him, i maintain he'll be a very good player for City.

Archived