IGNORED

What About Playing Heffernan

Frenchay Red

Just a thought, but as I sat there on Saturday watching, for what seemed the umpteenth time, another inept display and no real attacking force from the midfield, it did occur to me when Heffs came on that he could easily fill that role. He is good on the ball, has pace, is strong and certainly knows where the goal is. His passing is good and he has a good 'engine'. As I am unconvinced at the moment about Brown and Cotterel I reckon Tommy, Heffs, Wiltshire or Bell and Murray (who looked a lot more lively when he came on) could be worth a try. I wonder if anyone else has thought along these lines. One more thing, as our midfield has been chopped and changed so much this season, if Miller comes back I reckon he is another player who could well add to the midfield. I believe he used to play there anyway and he tends to play deep even when he is supposed to be on as a striker. The way this seasons going we might as well start experimenting with one or two new ideas. city.gifdunno.gif

Just a thought, but as I sat there on Saturday watching, for what seemed the umpteenth time, another inept display and no real attacking force from the midfield, it did occur to me when Heffs came on that he could easily fill that role. He is good on the ball, has pace, is strong and certainly knows where the goal is. His passing is good and he has a good 'engine'. As I am unconvinced at the moment about Brown and Cotterel I reckon Tommy, Heffs, Wiltshire or Bell and Murray (who looked a lot more lively when he came on) could be worth a try. I wonder if anyone else has thought along these lines. One more thing, as our midfield has been chopped and changed so much this season, if Miller comes back I reckon he is another player who could well add to the midfield. I believe he used to play there anyway and he tends to play deep even when he is supposed to be on as a striker. The way this seasons going we might as well start experimenting with one or two new ideas. city.gif  dunno.gif

Can't really see it, Heffs is a top scorer at this level and with Leroy's goal return since Christmas it's about time he took his place.

As for dropping Brown, you'd have to drop Doherty as well because Brown does his running for him.

If you want to shake up the midfield maybe give Skuse or Loxton a chance - they've got new contracts to play for, haven't they?

Guest Tactical Genius
His crosses now have variety in height, length and speed

TG was just commenting to some friends the other day that he hits more parts of the Atyeo stand than he used to.

Your thread is based on names, however you may need to check the calander. Bell 34 this year and out of contract. Murray has a year left but slowing down and at 31 not the future. This season finished after Walsall, so Tins has been playing Cotterill and Brown looking at the future. They may not have convinced you, but certain international selectors see some promise.

Archived