IGNORED

The Bountyhunter Fanzine

City Rocker

Found an old copy of the City fanzine The Bountyhunter from way back in 1988. A really good read and at times very funny. Anyhoo, just look at how times have changed over the last 17 years. Here are some of the issues and concerns being discussed back then:

*A club with our fanbase and facilities shouldn't be languishing in mid table of the 3rd division.

*Growing dissent from fans over rubbish home form - a few calls of sack the manager (Jordan) or the chairman (Des Williams).

*Lack of effort, fitness and desire from certain players who should spend less time in the pub (Ralph Milne!).

*Crap coverage from the Evening Post, who 'gloss over' important issues.

*Fans getting grief from the Police.

*Fans should support the boys in red, not boo them.

...etc, etc.

Nice to know we've moved forwards eh? dunno.gif

Guest uncle john

The Bountyhunter was acknowledged as one of the very best fanzines in the country, in its time.

What a shame it died out. The writers (whoever they were) said they wanted each edition to be like an album, distinct with its own character. Each one was the size of a small book. Not surprising they only managed about 6 editions. The last one I remember was 1990, after we had beaten Chelsea 3-1 for the shock of the fourth round of the FA Cup and were about to go up.

The Bountyhunter was acknowledged as one of the very best fanzines in the country, in its time.

What a shame it died out. The writers (whoever they were) said they wanted each edition to be like an album, distinct with its own character. Each one was the size of a small book. Not surprising they only managed about 6 editions. The last one I remember was 1990, after we had beaten Chelsea 3-1 for the shock of the fourth round of the FA Cup and were about to go up.

Christ I got that one too...slightly soggy from that day out biggrin.gif How long ago was that, cant see us beating a prem side right now!! sad.gif

Did anyone by any chance catch Bristol Rovers on Football Focus today with Ian Holloway and Devon White?

Footage from your 1989/90 (???) 3-0 loss at their place.

Imagine if the Internet was all the rage back then and then imagine what this forum would be like if you lost those 4 games in a row (inc. one to Rovers) to deny yourselves a a title.

In fairness to the folk of '88... Only a decade previous BCFC were in the top flight... 25 years have past now since those days.

Anyone remember the Bountyhunter's 'Devon White On Tour' page??? Complete with various pictures of players crumpled in a heap, receiving medical attention. Genius. Anyway, despite the misty-eyed ramblings of the Sagheads, one should never be allowed to forget what a totally abysmal footballer dear old Devon was. An affront to the modern game, no less..........

Guest Harry May
Did anyone by any chance catch Bristol Rovers on Football Focus today with Ian Holloway and Devon White?

Footage from your 1989/90 (???) 3-0 loss at their place.

Imagine if the Internet was all the rage back then and then imagine what this forum would be like if you lost those 4 games in a row (inc. one to Rovers) to deny yourselves a a title.

In fairness to the folk of '88... Only a decade previous BCFC were in the top flight... 25 years have past now since those days.

To be honest I watched that dinnertime - it nearly made me sick.

It really focussed my mind.

We can all say how much we hate Swindon or Plymouth . Or perhaps Millwall. Or in my case Cardiff and Swansea.

But we should never, ever forget how much we hate the gas - and how much they hate us.

They are our enemies - and always will be.

Caldicot Red.

Aaaaah those were the days.

The bounty hunter was supurb and i used to look forward to each new edition. Anyone know who wrote it?

As I remember it was written by a couple of guys from Portishead ,I think they were brothers.They used to stand in the williams stand/enclosure with all the Portishead & Pill crew.

Guest City Fashion
As I remember it was written by a couple of guys from Portishead ,I think they were brothers.They used to stand in the williams stand/enclosure with all the Portishead & Pill crew.

Three brothers from Portishead were responsible for that excellent read,along with various people stood with them in the enclosure(happy days).Nowaday's Nick is off doing the family thing,Tim find's being stuck in this division

to depressing to go and Anthony is in Manchester but still goes.Anyone who sit's

in block B/C of the dolman may know him as the hyper "cider submarine" man!.

Three brothers from Portishead were responsible for that excellent read, along with various people stood with them in the enclosure(happy days).Nowaday's Nick is off doing the family thing, Tim find's being stuck in this division

too depressing to go and Anthony is in Manchester but still goes.Anyone who sit's

in block B/C of the dolman may know him as the hyper "cider submarine" man!.

Terry, you seriously underplayed your role as a salesman, mate.

Ah, the enclosure, "Sort it out, Jordan".

Archived