IGNORED

Joe Keith

Dave L

Excellent debut from Keith today, and the most cohesive City performance for a long time. I do think the two things may be connected. Finally we had a player who added width and pace on the left, could hit it short and long and had the pace to take on and beat his marker. He also got into some good defensive positions too and created space for Scott Golbourne to get forward. I'm not saying he's the answer to all our problems, and we certainly need to see how he does over the next month, but he certainly looked the part today.

This meant we could stretch Torquay all over the park, which we did with ease. Although they did create a few good chances they were very poor defensively and there for the taking. At least they carried on trying to take the game to us, which led to a very entertaining 90 minutes.

I was very impressed with the midfield pairing of Doherty and Brown who can both tackle and pass, and it was good to see Tommy still running in the 90th minute.

Four good goals too. Leroy's first was as good a strike as you'll see all season (though a bit difficult to see through the fog), and Heff's was an absolute cracker. Lovely through ball to play him in, but he had to work hard to create space for a shot and he finished it beautifully.

We were very sound at the back, and Clayton had an excellent game on the ground, though his heading is still a bit suspect for such a big man.

Fantastic fish and chips before the game too. What a good day out smile.gif

Excellent debut from Keith today, and the most cohesive City performance for a long time. I do think the two things may be connected. Finally we had a player who added width and pace on the left, could hit it short and long and had the pace to take on and beat his marker. He also got into some good defensive positions too and created space for Scott Golbourne to get forward. I'm not saying he's the answer to all our problems, and we certainly need to see how he does over the next month, but he certainly looked the part today.

This meant we could stretch Torquay all over the park, which we did with ease. Although they did create a few good chances they were very poor defensively and there for the taking. At least they carried on trying to take the game to us, which led to a very entertaining 90 minutes.

I was very impressed with the midfield pairing of Doherty and Brown who can both tackle and pass, and it was good to see Tommy still running in the 90th minute.

Four good goals too. Leroy's first was as good a strike as you'll see all season (though a bit difficult to see through the fog), and Heff's was an absolute cracker. Lovely through ball to play him in, but he had to work hard to create space for a shot and he finished it beautifully.

We were very sound at the back, and Clayton had an excellent game on the ground, though his heading is still a bit suspect for such a big man.

Fantastic fish and chips before the game too. What a good day out  smile.gif

Well said Dave. Thought we did a great job on Torquay and even Doc didn't get booked today which is a first in a while. Shame those young torquay fans let themselves down by running on the pitch. What happened to the first one I never saw him once he hit the fog! biggrin.gif

Archived