IGNORED

Verdicts & Opinions

Jay

This was a completely different match to the home fixture back in August!

I thought that Torquay looked a threat in the final third of the pitch, and though our defending was not always first class, we came up with the goods at the right time. Fortune made a couple of well-timed tackles and Stevie made a couple of cracking saves. Lita looked sharp and Joe Keith seemd to work hard & open up the play.

Tommy seemed a little disinterested at times and Murray is still missing that certain something, but all in all it was a well earned result. biggrin.gif It was good to see Lita get his hat-trick (hmmm...it wasn't so much 'see' as it was 'squint hard and hope to see shadows in the fog'!). Oh, and a big thumbs up to the two idiots who invaded their own pitch action-smiley-033.gif that did make me laugh.

Guest alex1089

The two idiots that ran on the pitch was great entertainment also they were taken in front of the city fans and had to take all the abuse, it was so funny!

If it hadn't had been for Leroy at half time it could have been so different. Defensively we were a shambles 1st half no leadership or organisation, only Torquay's less than clinical frontman and a few last ditch tackles kept us in it. Far too much space on the flanks and no one was taking the runners from midfield. 3-0 and I thought poor sounds daft but that's the way I saw it.

2nd half good, completely different ok game was drifting well before the end but we looked to have a better shape and more organisation,I was more impressed

Top men? Leroy obviously for 3 great goals (though struggled to see them clearly) Heffernan excellent allround display 2nd half, Clayton came out with a bit of credit even in a disorganised 1st half, Wilkshire looked classy when coming on (put him in the centre with Doc, Tinns)and credit to Joe Keith some nice touches and good close control.Disapointments the usual suspects Murray can do so much more, Coles he's better than that, while Scotty Goldbourne looked out of his depth in patches, though won't critisize him.

Overall though you've got to be happy winning 4-0 away!

Archived