IGNORED

Empty Win?

SimplyRed

Ok - I know we won handsomely yesterday and it was a good performance and I congratulate Lita on his HT - and I'll probably get slagged off for being negative - but why did I not feel like I usually do after we win?

I was very apathetic about it and I wondered whether it was because of our jekyll and hyde performances this season.

Was it just another of those 'win blips' in an otherwise poor season?

Can we really expect the team to move forward from here? Or is it going to be a case of all the other good wins this season - to be followed by several games of mediocrity?

I really wanted to be happy for the team yesterday and, for about 10 minutes, I was.

But I can't help feeling that I've got to the stage now where this season has been such a disappointment and anti-climax that the results neither excite me or upset me any more - that is very sad.

sad.gif

I appreciate and understand what your saying. But it's the old cliche of "it's not over until the fat lady sings" for me.

We do have to rely on teams to slip up whilst we have to start winning our games and yesterday was a start.

I think the games against Swindon and Brentford are absolutely massive and will decide our fate.

I know what you mean, but I was happy all evening yesterday.

MM

Guest Champagne Football

Well Joe Keith apparently played well. It really is now or never for the team, we do need to WIN all our remaining games bar 2 draws if we get lucky and we could make the play offs. I can see us winning the last 8 games, but that is because I naturally will always assume we will win! Many people have their doubts and I definently do too, but the point is there is still a chance, I just hope to God we take it.

Guest redvino
Ok - I know we won handsomely yesterday and it was a good performance and I congratulate Lita on his HT - and I'll probably get slagged off for being negative - but why did I not feel like I usually do after we win?

I was very apathetic about it and I wondered whether it was because of our jekyll and hyde performances this season.

Was it just another of those 'win blips' in an otherwise poor season?

Can we really expect the team to move forward from here?  Or is it going to be a case of all the other good wins this season - to be followed by several games of mediocrity?

I really wanted to be happy for the team yesterday and, for about 10 minutes, I was.

But I can't help feeling that I've got to the stage now where this season has been such a disappointment and anti-climax that the results neither excite me or upset me any more - that is very sad. 

Know what you mean inconsistant this season, Torquay wont count for much if we don't capitalize on remaining games.  But remember the quote football's a funny old game, We can't seem to get out of this div the easy way but who knows Cardiff just scraped in season before last Keep the faith.   

sad.gif

Three wins in eleven sums it up.

If we were any good we would've of walked this third rate third division.

Next year it will be a lot harder, Yeovil will probably do a Cardiff, Plymouth, Hull (take your pick) plus there'll be three out of the Play Offs who have finished above us, plus maybe Forest and Coventry.

This was our greatest chance, but we ****ed up, didn't you Mr. Chairman!!!!!!!!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Guest redvino
Not the chaiman who plays the football or pickss the team and without Mr Lansdown we would be i real dire straights and don't forget it

I cannot recall Mr Lansdown being mentioned in my earlier post, but for the record i reckon he is doing a good job, and i do realise we would be in dire straits without him. My earlier post was a positive one, season have not gone as we all hoped but win most or all remaing games and we can still make playoffs.

This attitude, and I admit we've been guilty of it too this season, annoys me.

Last years success and so forth doesn't mean you have the divine right to walk the league like you're suggesting.

STFC are in the same boat as you, and with all due respect, there are a handful of sides who are better than you in this league.

dunno.gif

Last years success and so forth doesn't mean you have the divine right to walk the league like you're suggesting.

STFC are in the same boat as you, and with all due respect, there are a handful of sides who are better than you in this league.

dunno.gif

Fair comment, BUT, it annoys the hell out of me Swindlers saying that-all your chairman always says when asked pre season what you lot are aiming for is play offs.....and you aint even managing that currently.Your board don't have ambition, does it?

As for City, the usual indifferent form in Jan/Feb, has as usual left us a nountain to climb- it aint ever easy is it. Personally I don't think we'll do it, but I've been here too long to totally discount it- Baadiff went on a run the year they went up, and Tranny did it last year too-so!!! Fasten seat belts its going to be a roller coaster ride!! biggrin.gif AGAIN!! biggrin.gif

dunno.gif

I'm not suggesting we have a divine right to walk this league. We finished third last year and when replacing the Manager, our Chairman said it would be a continuation of the year on year improvement and that automatic promotion was the aim.

Do you call losing in The Play Off Final a success ? I don't!!!!!!!! We don't share anything with Swindon, apart from the lack of ambition that sees both clubs, and I'll say it again, in this third rate third division.

Ooh for a Hoddle to grabs by the ******** and take us out of here!!!!!!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Next year it will be a lot harder, Yeovil will probably do a Cardiff, Plymouth, Hull (take your pick) plus there'll be three out of the Play Offs who have finished above us, plus maybe Forest and Coventry.

This was our greatest chance, but we ****ed up, didn't you Mr. Chairman!!!!!!!!!!! banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

This was our greatest chance, but we ****ed up, didn't you Mr. Chairman!!!!!!!!!!! banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Correction Yeovil will do a Torquay ! Thats if they go up on current form.

Leave the chairman alone

Archived