IGNORED

Torquay Plus And Minus Points

Pie Eater

Sounds as if it was a great game.

Minus

I am still concerned that Torquay had 12 shots on Goals. Sound like another Oldham. The difference appears to be the stikers, we keep letting the opposition have strikes on goal. The teams with quality striker (Luton etc.) hammer us and we beat teams like Torquay and Oldham. And how many saves did philips make?

Lita injured

Plus

We scored from a corner, when was the last time we scored from a corner.

A hatrick

A hatrick of assits.

Heff scored.

Phillips did make a few cracking saves in the first half-the defence was breached a little too easily by Akinfenwah at times...second half we looked much more solid(from what I could see through the fog!)although the 4th goal really knocked any life out of the game! Was well impressed with Keith's delivery from corners-really seems to whip the ball in making it difficult for Torquay's defenders to deal with!

Another hilarious moment which I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned was one Russell(their number 6!)came over to take a corner! A group of City fans started singing "You're arse is too big, you're shorts are too small..." to which he got annoyed about and turned around and give a bit of banter back! Funny at the time anyway!!

Torquay on a night out's a good laugh!!

Sounds as if it was a great game.

Minus

I am still concerned that Torquay had 12 shots on Goals. Sound like another Oldham. The difference appears to be the stikers, we keep letting the opposition have strikes on goal. The teams with quality striker (Luton etc.) hammer us and we beat teams like Torquay and Oldham. And how many saves did philips make?

Lita injured

Plus

We scored from a corner, when was the last time we scored from a corner.

A hatrick

A hatrick of assits.

Heff scored.

Can I be a grumpy old sod and say that I thought a minus was the chanting of 'going down' directed at Torquay?

OK, I know I have a soft spot for them and I know we like to rile the opposition but given the choice, I'd actually like them to stay up. They play football (unlike some of the other dross in this league), they have a great manager, they regularly take our fringe players on loan and most importantly they ain't Franchise FC/MK Dons (who I would love to chant 'going down' at but I refuse to give them any of my money, so I won't be there.

I also think the defence was breached a little too easily but having seen Scott Golbourne for the first time, I was impressed. He did wander a little but I think we can safely say that Mickey Bell must be a worried man.

Archived