IGNORED

City Fans In Australia

brisbanecity

Nah just to get away from poo weather and a better lifestyle all round. cool.gif

Can't say i would have a better life there other than being able to watch city play.

Well i know i can handle the bad weather when it comes and if everyone moved countries because of the weather nobody would still be in the country they were born. Couldn't live without the friendly Bristolian people and the lovely city that is Bristol, given the option to live anywhere but Bristol, i would say No.

OK downunder people, its request time. Do you have any links for radio coverage of the Australia v Iraq game. Our own Luke Wilkshire is playing. Also Aussie Red could you send us a match report on Lukes performance, games on TV.

Guest AussieRed

Having lived in Sydney for my first two years in Oz, I can vouch it's a special city. But I've since come to the conclusion that Melbourne is better.

It's much cleaner, it's the home of sport (tennis, grand prix, Melbourne Cup) and has better pubs and restaurants.

If you want a nice, all year round climate, live in Brizzie.

But the most liveable city must be Perth if you don't mind the remoteness.

The Qantas Socceroo starting eleven is: Mark Schwarzer (gk); Lucas Neill, Tony Popovic, Craig Moore ©, Stan Lazaridis, Josip Skoko, Mark Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Scott Chipperfield, Brett Emerton, John Aloisi.

Wilkshire not been picked for the Iraq game? Why is this?

Having lived in Sydney for my first two years in Oz, I can vouch it's a special city.  But I've since come to the conclusion that Melbourne is better. 

It's much cleaner, it's the home of sport (tennis, grand prix, Melbourne Cup) and has better pubs and restaurants.

If you want a nice, all year round climate, live in Brizzie.

But the most liveable city must be Perth if you don't mind the remoteness.

Having spend considerable time in both Melbourne and Sydney I have to agree that Melbourne is the better of the 2 cities. The weather in Melbourne may not be quite as good as Sydney but it's a better place to live. The people are much friendlier, the pubs and restuarants are superb and it is the sporting capital of the world. Melbourne is consistently voted 'the most liveable city in the world' and I can see why.

Sydney is a great place and has some great spots (like Manly and Coogee) but to me it's just like London, there are too many tourists and no-one has the time of day for you.

Brisbane is a nice relaxed city with great year round weather, I've not been to Perth yet so I can comment on it. Adelaide is okay but is very quiet compared to the other major city's in Oz.

Back to the football (or should that be soccer !!), hope Luke gets on for the Aussies otherwise it's a hell of a long journey just to warm the bench.

Archived