IGNORED

Joe Keith......

dazza247

As I understand it he joined us on a one month's loan deal with Goodfellow going the other way. If we decide to retain him for a second month can we do so after the transfer deadline?!...Say we scrape it into the play-offs somehow?! If so would they have to retain Goodfellow for this to be possible?!

Just wondering as he looked a fairly tidy player against Torquay..good to have someone with a left foot whipping some decent crosses in!!

• Admin
Thanks mate!  Wasn't aware of that!!

Not entirely sure of this but I also believe that you are allowed to sign "unattached" players after the deadline....ie if Colchester tore up the last couple of months remaining on Keith's contract we may be allowed to sign him.

I know that this IS the case with Premiership clubs outside of the transfer window but I'm not "certain" that it is the case with the FL's transfer deadline though it would appear to be along the same principles....

Not entirely sure of this but I also believe that you are allowed to sign "unattached" players after the deadline....ie if Colchester tore up the last couple of months remaining on Keith's contract we may be allowed to sign him.

I know that this IS the case with Premiership clubs outside of the transfer window but I'm not "certain" that it is the case with the FL's transfer deadline though it would appear to be along the same principles....

I'm not totally sure either, but I thought this was mainly for Premiership clubs being able to sign 'free-agents' up until the date of our current transfer deadline (ie: yesterday).

I was under the impression that signings after this date are ineligible for the remainder of the season (unless emergency Goalkeeper loans permitted by the FA).

I can't say I'm sure either way though.

Archived