IGNORED

What Might Have Been...

SimplyRed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that one of the reasons that Wilson was shown the door was because he and Lansdown couldn't agree on a budget for this season (ie Wilson wanted one and Lansdown said he couldn't have one! wink.gif)?

With Tinnion's purchases of Heffernan and Brooker totalling £375,000 and the, now failed, signing of Dinning (who, admittedly, was a 'free'), we now have one regular, one warming the bench and one out on loan.

I can't help feeling that had Wilson been given £375,000 to spend this season, we would be pace-setters that Luton are. doh.gifdunno.gif

I have said it before, and I repeat, last season's team only needed a 'tweak' and yet, as per usual, a new manager comes in and proceeds to 'build his own team', even though we were told that the reason Tinnion was chosen was because he 'knew the players and the club' and therefore was able to 'hit the ground running' to make this season a 'promotion season'.blink.gif

I wasn't surprised that Wilson was removed, but I was shocked and had serious reservations about the speed and judgement of Tinnion's appointment. whistling.gif

I have watched, with interest, how Wilson is guiding MK Dons slowly out of trouble at the foot of the league and I have to admit that I would be more prepared to put money on them escaping the drop than us achieving promotion. shifty.gif

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and we scrape into the play-offs this season, but nothing I've seen this season that convinces me that we have the consistency to put a run of wins together. unsure.gif

In another universe, Wilson stayed and we're now sitting pretty at the top of the league, 10 points clear... rolleyes.gifcool.gif

Last season we were missing a goalscorer. So Tinnion does the right thing and brings in Heffernan to do the job upfront.

Where's it gone wrong since then?

Well a lack of respect from certain key first team players seemed to have lost Tins the dressing room early on.

So, he set about getting rid of all the players who apparently lacked effort and his respect.

Since then we've seen a mess of incomings and outgoings. I honestly don't think Tinnion meant to do it like this but the pressure on him after our awful start meant he had to do something or he'd allegedly have lost his job after the 3-0 away loss at Vale.

We seemed to have a squad capable of a top 4 finish at the start of the season but because it has naturally taken Tins time to work out how to be a football manager, our season was almost over before it started.

Archived