IGNORED

Kevin Keegan In!

The Grateful Red

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88
KK must be looking around for a decent challenge these days and, let's face it, we would provide one. His Newcastle ties would probably mean he would get on well with BT (who would do well as Assistant Manager). He would get the team playing exciting football again like he did at Fulham.

What's stopping us?

thats easy lansdown+high wages=yeh right

KK must be looking around for a decent challenge these days and, let's face it, we would provide one. His Newcastle ties would probably mean he would get on well with BT (who would do well as Assistant Manager). He would get the team playing exciting football again like he did at Fulham.

What's stopping us?

The fact that he wants out of football dunno.gif

The fact that he wants out of football  dunno.gif

What is Colin Lee doing these days? Ex-city player been around the game. eg Chelea (player), Wolves (as mangager), Walsall (as manager), Torquay (as manager),

Reading and Leicester City. The two (Mark McGhee) had begun their association as youth team players at Bristol City. Lee went on to play for Hereford, Torquay, Spurs, Chelsea and Brentford. Then a coaching career beckoned and, before joining up with McGhee, Lee served as a youth team coach at Griffin Park and later at Watford where he had a brief spell as first team manager. His reign at Wolves, as a caretaker, began well with a 6-1 win at the place where he started his career, Ashton Gate. This was followed by victory over Sheffield United, a draw with Norwich, and a win against Birmingham. It was enough to convince the board at Molineux that the 'caretaker' tag should be dropped. Lee was given a contract until the end of the season. He appointed John Ward, who had recently resigned as manager of Bristol City, as his number two and Wolves finished the 1998/99 campaign just one place short of the play-offs. Sir Jack Hayward and the Molineux board were quick to offer both Lee and Ward two year contracts, which they both accepted and signed in June. Colin Lee was sacked in December 2000 after a poor start to the season, which could be blamed on the sale of his key players.

Where is he now?

Guest MaloneFM

What's stopping us?

Ex Newcastle United and England manager, European cup winner, F A Cup winner, god knows how many championship medals, winner of Superstars, fighter of Billy Bremner, European Footballer of the year.

Takes over at a third division club.

What's stopping us?

Reality that's what!

What's stopping us?

Personally, I question his management skills. He openly admits that tactics aren't his strong point & I'd argue that he's only fine when working with a board that will give him money to throw at players. OK - so this seems a contratiction in terms considering Man City's finances, but I still maintain that he needs to be where the money is.

Wonder whether he'd work for 'performance related pay'? whistling.gif

Ex Newcastle United and England manager, European cup winner, F A Cup winner, god knows how many championship medals, winner of Superstars, fighter of Billy Bremner, European Footballer of the year.

What's stopping us?

Reality that's what!

Well that and the fact that he's retired from football sleeping.gif

Maybe the fact that he is a poor manager?

I'd rather have my Mother in charge than him.

Just because he is all of those things mentioned in the above post, doesn't mean he is fit to manage Bristol City!

What rubbish. If he were a realistic prospect (which he is definately not), I'm sure all City fans would love to have him charge.

What rubbish. If he were a realistic prospect (which he is definately not), I'm sure all City fans would love to have him charge.

Theres 3 above who disagree.

Honeycrack is exactly right. He is only a half-decent manager when money is being thown at him, like at Newcastle and Fulham and to a certain extent at Man City.

He got shown up at International Level, and he would at City too. He'd ruin us.

Theres 3 above who disagree.

Honeycrack is exactly right. He is only a half-decent manager when money is being thown at him, like at Newcastle and Fulham and to a certain extent at Man City.

He got shown up at International Level, and he would at City too. He'd ruin us.

Amen, brother!

He did the job at Fulham, although I can't really remember how, (was Al Fayed there then and just feeding him cash for breakfast? dunno.gif ) but I think the players would have some sort of lift if they knew they were playing under a manager of such a reputation, again, I'm unsure but I still think we already have the right man in charge, smile.gifcity.gifwink.gif

What's stopping us?

Reality that's what!

I'm sure that Fulham were in the same league as us when he took over. Look at where he took them, and where they are now...

He's retired from management now anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'm sure that Fulham were in the same league as us when he took over. Look at where he took them, and where they are now...

He's retired from management now anyway so it doesn't matter.

Frankly, I think the retiring from football thing is ********. I bet you he comes back in to manage someone else within the next year or two. It's in his blood.

How about George Graham? Is he playing golf these days too?

What about George Graham then?

George Graham would have us promoted out of our tinpot league by this time next season (or a few weeks earlier) if he was appointed AND given a few quid to spend. That is the problem with George Graham. We would not even be able to come close to matching his ambition. Therefore, non starter.

But it does not matter because Tinnion will be at the end of his learning curve come August and with his own squad in place. Then watch us go!

but I think the players would have some sort of lift if they knew they were playing under a manager of such a reputation, again, I'm unsure but I still think we already have the right man in charge,  smile.gif  city.gif  wink.gif

what like England V Germany, the last game at thec old Wembley.........I'll pass thanks

Guest MaloneFM
What about George Graham then?

..or Billy Graham, Billy Elliot, Elliot Ness, the Loch Ness monster,Danny Wilson, Brian Wilson, Harold Wilson, Ronnie Moore, Brian Moore, Patrick Moore, Patrick Mower, Qualcast Mower, John Ward, Burt Ward, Adam West, John West, Peter West, Peter Aliss or Alice in Wonderland?

Or Sam Hollis? Best manager we ever had. Dig him up and bring him back.

I love the smell of desperation in the morning...smells like...Rovers.

..or Billy Graham, Billy Elliot, Elliot Ness, the Loch Ness monster,Danny Wilson, Brian Wilson, Harold Wilson, Ronnie Moore, Brian Moore, Patrick Moore, Patrick Mower, Qualcast Mower, John Ward, Burt Ward, Adam West, John West, Peter West, Peter Aliss or Alice in Wonderland?

Or Sam Hollis? Best manager we ever had. Dig him up and bring him back.

I love the smell of desperation in the morning...smells like...Rovers.

You're getting as silly as me MrMalone biggrin.gif Stick to supporting the Swine-Towners biggrin.gif By the way, Harry Thickett was the greatest manager in BCFC's history cool.gif

Bringing in Kevin Keegan would be a great idea - a manager of Keegan's stature would instantly put Bristol City FC back on the national football map and make the media sit up and take notice of us. If I was able to invest big bucks in BCFC I'd immediately appoint Kevin Keegan or similar to shake up the playing staff as Keegan did at Newcastle United in the early 1990's. John Hall's money and Kevin Keegan's management transformed the lumbering Newcastle giant from a second rate club to a serious top flight club almost overnight. Keegan then went on to take Manchester City from this poxy division to the top flight !!!!!

Guest MaloneFM

Thickett may have been good but Sam out moustached him all the way. Keegan was just the front for a good backroom staff and someone with deep pockets.

On his own he is a good footballer only.

Never trust a bloke that cant stay on a bike.

Thickett may have been good but Sam out moustached him all the way. Keegan was just the front for a good backroom staff and someone with deep pockets.

On his own he is a good footballer only.

Never trust a bloke that cant stay on a bike.

Kevin Keegan is a football managerial mercenary - pay him well and he'll do well. I know Kevin Keegan ripped us off for £1 million selling us Tony Thorpe but he is an outstanding football manager nonetheless in my opinion. If I was Steve Lansdown I'd be on the 'phone to secure Kevin Keegan's services right now before someone else snaps him up.

Guest DrFaustus
For legal reasons I am unable to comment further.

Understood m'lord.

I think the Tactical Genius is right anyway. Your board should show some ambition and look further afield. The likes of Jock Stein, Alf Ramsay, Bill Shankly or Ian Atkins would be perfect for Bristol City.

Andy, is this some sort of sexual metaphor?

'Sleeps in his jeep because he can't find a hotel'

Sounds like a Marc Bolan lyric to me....poetry!

I wonder what the next line would have been.....

'Oh I hit a tree and became history,oh no....it don't show'

'Gone in a flash.... now life's not a GAS, oh woo'

Understood m'lord.

Ian Atkins would be perfect for Bristol City.

Oi!!! Dr F, are you his bloody agent or what????? online2long.gif

I'll have to report you to the authorities for this-suffer him for longer, we aint going to tap him for ya! w00t.gifw00t.gif

What's stopping us?

I don't understand why people come on here and start off these silly campaigns. "Keegan In" indeed!

He would never consider being manager of Bristol City because a) he is retired and b) we already have a manager.

We are, however, looking around for a part-time consultant among retired or unemployed experienced managers. Kevin should be interviewed for this post, along with B. Gould, E. Large and the others.

online2long.gif

I don't understand why people come on here and start off these silly campaigns. "Keegan In" indeed!

He would never consider being manager of Bristol City because a) he is retired and b) we already have a manager.

We are, however, looking around for a part-time consultant among retired or unemployed experienced managers. Kevin should be interviewed for this post, along with B. Gould, E. Large and the others.

online2long.gif

Who are the others? S. Little, J. Davidson, J. Bowen, etc?

Archived