IGNORED

Marvin And Joe Off Early

Port Said Red

I notice from the reserve report that Marvin Brown and Joe Anyinsah were both taken off on the hour last night.

As they are both capable of playing right midfield, would it be too great a leap to hope they are involved in DW's plans for Saturday?

Another point on a similar subject, as JA played as striker and MB as winger, it seems the mix and match policy is adhered to all the way through the club even by crowd favourite OOOOOOh Shaun Taylor.

Wouldn't be surprised (certainly in Marvin's case) to see him in the full squad on Saturday; maybe even starting in the right wing berth.

And not before time IMO. He has the talent and really needs to start proving it now.

Whose going to start the Boney-M chants "Brown boys on the wing, tra-la-la-la-la" :D

HI mate, I was at the match last night.

Citys finishing was woeful and should have had  more than the 1 goal.

But how can I help ?

Many thanks for the reply.

My question is here:

My question

So as not to get the same debate running on two threads.

Thanks again.

Burnell's had a problem with his back (as the press/club have reported). Perhaps they just wanted to make sure that he didn't aggrevate it again, just in case he is needed for Saturday!?

As for Brown playing, he probably is the most likely choice to fill in on the right.

Then again I suppose Wilson could go for a back three of Coles, Butler, Hill, and put Carey on the right....

it seems the mix and match policy is adhered to all the way through the club even by crowd favourite OOOOOOh Shaun Taylor.
Could you please point me in the direction of a manager that doesn't mix and match his players all around the pitch sometimes?

You certainly can't include Ferguson, Wenger, Ranieri or Sven as managers that don't try players in other positions.

Sorry PW I think you misunderstood my point, it was intended to be a defence of Dw not an attack on ST.

The Manager gets much stick for playing players "out of position" but as you rightly say it is common practice, even for one whom some would like to see replace him.

Archived