IGNORED

Kit

cider hoss rules

With the topic of Rovers new kit (which i think is quite smart), have any developments happened with our kit for 2005/06 or with sponsorship deals ?

There seem to be many who are directly in touch with the club or staff in some way, does anyone know for sure ?

CHR  city.gif

The kit will definately be TFG again.

I think the designs both home & away are the best TFG have done for us.

Still believe that a 'brand' is the way forward & maybe it ain't far off.

Trouble is with the likes of Nike,they tend to give you little choice in the way of designs etc.

And of course the key issue is supply & profit w00t.gif

As for sponsors, I am led to believe that the back of the shirts have a very well known sponsor (amber stuff)

The main deal is nearly struck & was between a couple of well known companies, whose names get regular coverage on GWR radio.

I am sure while we remain in this god damn division - bigger national deals will remain some way off.

Division 1 footy will not be attractive to many bigger names - no real coverage.

All should be done & dusted real soon.

If you ask RG on the ask SL forum, I am sure more info would be forthcoming.

Not forgetting the new crap badge, when our fantastic commercial suicide department were allowed to push through unchallenged, whilst the wonderful FCC chose to do nothing.

I'm still upset about this badge issue, it aint gone away as far as I'm concerned.

Branding? stick it Mr Lansdown.

Guest Champagne Football
The kit will definately be TFG again.

I think the designs both home & away are the best TFG have done for us.

Still believe that a 'brand' is the way forward & maybe it ain't far off.

Trouble is with the likes of Nike,they tend to give you little choice in the way of designs etc.

And of course the key issue is supply & profit  w00t.gif

As for sponsors, I am led to believe that the back of the shirts have a very well known sponsor (amber stuff)

The main deal is nearly struck & was between a couple of well known companies, whose names get regular coverage on GWR radio.

I am sure while we remain in this god damn division - bigger national deals will remain some way off.

Division 1 footy will not be attractive to many bigger names - no real coverage.

All should be done & dusted real soon.

If you ask RG on the ask SL forum, I am sure more info would be forthcoming.

Can you confirm whether the new kit has the new badge on it? It best not!

Someone's tired...... sport-smiley-018.gif

I am tired as it happens. w00t.gif but don't confuse tiredness, with an opinion on something I care passionately about.

Mr Lansdown and co have missed the point big time on this. The early vociferous anti-badge feelings that were expressed by many posters, although they have probably not changed, have been undoubtedly less audible lately. The board must be laughing at us for our apparent attitude of collective acceptance.

And moving away from the badge (slightly)

I've read before that TFG make shirts for some other recognised labels? Who?

Now I'm no business studies expert but can someone answer me how a robin badge on an admiral/lotto/puma/umbro/NOT TFG shirt (retailing at the same price) can create less revenue for the club in the long run, purely on the increase in sales? We would shift hundreds more!

It would re-establish our instantly recognised identity with the feathered one and who knows it might also create a feeling of relative value for money for the fans, compared to the shoddy merchandise and sky high prices we currently experience.

We just accept any old crap they chuck at us, time and time again. Why is that?

I am tired as it happens. w00t.gif but don't confuse tiredness, with an opinion on something I care passionately about.

Mr Lansdown and co have missed the point big time on this. The early vociferous anti-badge feelings that were expressed by many posters, although they have probably not changed, have been undoubtedly less audible lately. The board must be laughing at us for our apparent attitude of collective acceptance.

And moving away from the badge (slightly)

I've read before that TFG make shirts for some other recognised labels? Who?

Now I'm no business studies expert but can someone answer me how a robin badge on an admiral/lotto/puma/umbro/NOT TFG shirt (retailing at the same price) can create less revenue for the club in the long run, purely on the increase in sales? We would shift hundreds more!

It would re-establish our instantly recognised identity with the feathered one and who knows it might also create a feeling of relative value for money for the fans, compared to the shoddy merchandise and sky high prices we currently experience.

We just accept any old crap they chuck at us, time and time again. Why is that?

Wasn't having a dig, just a jovial nudge. wink.gif

As long as TFG make the shirts I will not buy one..

Archived