IGNORED

Leroys Celebrations

richwwtk

At Torquay, after scoring his first goal LL celebrated at the side of the pitch in front of some of the home fans which didn't exactly endear him to them. After scoring his second he ran straight to the same area and did it again, earning himself a yellow card. Thankfully he managed to avoid doing the same after his third.

Yesterday after scoring he made a big show of celebrating to the Port Vale fans and, in my view, was lucky to not get booked again.

Is this something that's going to continue or am I just being picky? At the start of this season I wasn't one of his biggest fans, thinking he didn't really have what was needed, but have to admit I was wrong and he has come on leaps and bounds as a player with the experience of this season, but I'm just worried that if he keeps on winding up opposition fans in this way he's going to end up in trouble.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Yes he pick up needless yellow cards for this,Leroy just celebrate with us we do the singing for you been done by leroy lita.

Great chant yesterday more of the same Tuesday.

The lad needs to remember he's hardly a proven marksman and when up against a decent centre half with a bit of pace he's been woeful at times.

As with lots of youngsters, he thinks he's gods gift at times.

Of course ,you KNOW that, having watched City SO MANY times judging by your name,butinski. Your thoughts have no relevence on this site!

At Torquay, after scoring his first goal LL celebrated at the side of the pitch in front of some of the home fans which didn't exactly endear him to them. After scoring his second he ran straight to the same area and did it again, earning himself a yellow card. Thankfully he managed to avoid doing the same after his third.

Yesterday after scoring he made a big show of celebrating to the Port Vale fans and, in my view, was lucky to not get booked again.

Is this something that's going to continue or am I just being picky? At the start of this season I wasn't one of his biggest fans, thinking he didn't really have what was needed, but have to admit I was wrong and he has come on leaps and bounds as a player with the experience of this season, but I'm just worried that if he keeps on winding up opposition fans in this way he's going to end up in trouble.

Yes my mate sast in the away end said that he was lucky not to get booked. He also said thats how players get things thrown at them enticing the crowd, which i guess he has got a point. Remember at Cheterfield 2 seasons ago their player came up to us showing his fist some of the fans tried to run on the pitch. He should just celebrate but not entice. city.gif

The lad needs to remember he's hardly a proven marksman and when up against a decent centre half with a bit of pace he's been woeful at times.

What a div you are, 27 goals this season and you say he's been woeful at times. How would you know ? If being second in the scoring stakes for this league in his first season is woeful, doesn't say much about the monkeys you have up front does it.

What a div you are, 27 goals this season and you say he's been woeful at times. How would you know ? If being second in the scoring stakes for this league in his first season is woeful, doesn't say much about the monkeys you have up front does it.

I've seen him enough times to know what Lita is about... I saw him before this season and I think he is getting more and more big headed/arrogant in some aspects.

I do think a more experienced manager wouldn't let him get away with such things.

This is not a jealous rant, fear not, he's been a hell of a player for you and when he's been bad (as folk have mentioned) most the time its when you as a team have collectively been poor. But I do think if he wants to become a bigger name in football he may need to look at his attitute a little bit.

I've seen him enough times to know what Lita is about... I saw him before this season and I think he is getting more and more big headed/arrogant in some aspects.

I do think a more experienced manager wouldn't let him get away with such things.

This is not a jealous rant, fear not, he's been a hell of a player for you and when he's been bad (as folk have mentioned) most the time its when you as a team have collectively been poor. But I do think if he wants to become a bigger name in football he may need to look at his attitute a little bit.

So the fans can dish out as much abuse to Lita as they want, but he can't have a little swoop back? handbags.gif

I didn't think Torquay and Port Vale had such a thing against him?

I'll play the "Professional Footballer: Set an Example" card!

biggrin.gif

I did say after the Torqs game I wish he wouldn't do that sort of thing . IF the fans had been having a "go" then fair enough, he has the right to say "Up your collective ar5e5!". But in the last two games he's scored THREE goals in the first 15 mins, hardly time for them to have had a p155 and gobbled down their pies, let alone get mardy with him!

Guest Pointy

hels bells on soccer Am wasnt very happy about his celebration! .. i think she said something along the lines of " stupid idiot went and celebrated infront of the home fans" .. she wasnt happy !

I did say after the Torqs game I wish he wouldn't do that sort of thing . IF the fans had been having a "go" then fair enough, he has the right to say "Up your collective ar5e5!". But in the last two games he's scored THREE goals in the first 15 mins, hardly time for them to have had a p155 and gobbled down their pies, let alone get mardy with him!

Exactly. There's no harm in the "Shh" or the "Hand on Ear" but the guy celebrates like he's won the F.A. Cup final in the 93rd minute... Every time.

Guest Pointy
Exactly. There's no harm in the "Shh" or the "Hand on Ear" but the guy celebrates like he's won the F.A. Cup final in the 93rd minute... Every time.

You knows it smile.gif

Guest markreynolds1986

Surely youd be happy if Sam Parkin Celebrated in this way ? By celebrating so eraticly it just shows how passionate the guy is about scoring goals for our Club.

And if thats how happy he is scoring for City the lad could pull down his shorts fro all i care biggrin.gif

Surely youd be happy if Sam Parkin Celebrated in this way ? By celebrating so eraticly it just shows how passionate the guy is about scoring goals for our Club.

And if thats how happy he is scoring for City the lad could pull down his shorts fro all i care  biggrin.gif

Think you'd find he would get booked if Lita did that Mark. Someone in league 2 did that and got booked this season. I think Lita has to calm it down a bit. Imagine him getting a yellow then doing something silly like entice the crowd and the ref sending him off. Would be rather silly don't you think??? city.gif

Guest markreynolds1986
Think you'd find he would get booked if Lita did that Mark. Someone in league 2 did that and got booked this season. I think Lita has to calm it down a bit. Imagine him getting a yellow then doing something silly like entice the crowd and the ref sending him off. Would be rather silly don't you think??? city.gif

I think you should celebrate how you like , think Lita's bad come and watch Plough FC on a sunday , youd love the celebrations there. Kegs Galore ( A keg is the removing of another players shorts in a fast and powerful tug , leaving the player with just his boxers or nothing at all) dance.gif

I think you should celebrate how you like , think Lita's bad come and watch Plough FC on a sunday , youd love the celebrations there. Kegs Galore ( A keg is the removing of another players shorts in a fast and powerful tug , leaving the player with just his boxers or nothing at all)  dance.gif

How rude ohmy.gif Would make games more interesting I suppose. Better than the debacle at Newcastle yesterday biggrin.gifcity.gif

And if thats how happy he is scoring for City the lad could pull down his shorts fro all i care  biggrin.gif

Rubbish, it shows a lack of discipline.

I think you should celebrate how you like , think Lita's bad come and watch Plough FC on a sunday , youd love the celebrations there. Kegs Galore ( A keg is the removing of another players shorts in a fast and powerful tug , leaving the player with just his boxers or nothing at all)  dance.gif

If your happy with one of your best players getting regular bans for avoidable reasons... Fair enough.

Parkin isn't the kind of player who mocks opposition fans (I've never seen him do that anyway).

If your happy with one of your best players getting regular bans for avoidable reasons... Fair enough.

Parkin isn't the kind of player who mocks opposition fans (I've never seen him do that anyway).

I agree with you Rich but am in the minority i guess sad.gif

My mate was sat in the away end yesterday and observed what happened and text me saying was a great finish but shame he had to clap infront of the away fans. It wont be long before he A) gets booked again or b) gets something thrown at him. I would not be best pleased if I was away from home and a player from the home team inticed the crowd. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that Lita has had a great season and I hope he scores more goals that Parkin biggrin.gif

Definately.... Imagine if he just raised his arm after scoring.  dunno.gif

It just adds to the entertainment, when he pulls off his crazy celebrations, it really gets the crowd going !!

Okay... Maybe he should try not to celebrate too near the opposition fans but he definately shouldn't tone down his celebrations.

Leeeeeroy, Leeeeeroy  city.gif

I agree with you Rich but am in the minority i guess sad.gif

My mate was sat in the away end yesterday and observed what happened and text me saying was a great finish but shame he had to clap infront of the away fans. It wont be long before he A) gets booked again or b) gets something thrown at him. I would not be best pleased if I was away from home and a player from the home team inticed the crowd. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that Lita has had a great season and I hope he scores more goals that Parkin biggrin.gif

I don't want to take anything from his breakout season, it's hard to explain the point of what Lita does without sounding like a killjoy or being just petty... But when we see players in the Premiership over celebrating towards opposition fans it makes the tabloids the next day etc for the wrong reasons... He's just got to be careful because managers in higher levels will not accept silly bookings like that... If he wants to move to the Prem in the near future.

Rich

Guest DAMIEN-LITA

His Goal tally speaks for it,s self

Decent centre half !!! I would say that YOBO @ Everton is a decent centre half and LEROY kicked his A#se !!

He does not think he is Gods gift (On the football pitch anyway). He is just enjoying his game. He is a really level headed, nice lad.

You do not have a clue what your talking about.

[i think it was against Huddersfield] Where he managed to tap in a ball that would have been an own goal and when he put it in from all of 2 yards he went off and celebrated like he'd rifled a 35-yarder... I'd never seen anyone do that before!

Everyone is allowed an opinion DAMIEN-LITA ... You obviously like the guy but fact is that within time fans, especially on this forum, will go insane when he begins getting suspensions because of over celebrating.

Guest Pointy
His Goal tally speaks for it,s self

He does not think he is Gods gift (On the football pitch anyway). He is just enjoying his game. He is a really level headed, nice lad.

his celebrations are far to over the top, like Rich said he scores a tap in and celebrates like its a playoff final. other fans are starting to get annoyed with his antics and to be honest so am i, he's getting a reputation for winding up the crowd and its NO coincidence he keeps celebrating in front of away fans.

He's been a great goal scorer for us but i just cant help thinking he's going to get himself into trouble with his over the top-ness

dunno.gif

Archived