IGNORED

Marvin Brown

Wardie

His treatment suggests there is something more to this than meets the eye.

I am not "in the know" but to the outsider it looks like there must be a personality clash of some kind, it seems that throughout his career international coaches have rated him sufficiently to pick him but Danny does not.

A strange on indeed!

His treatment suggests there is something more to this than meets the eye.

I am not "in the know" but to the outsider it looks like there must be a personality clash of some kind, it seems that throughout his career international coaches have rated him sufficiently to pick him but Danny does not.

A strange on indeed!

I think maybe an attitude problem, not in the league of Dwayne Plummer but if he has the talent that many people have said he does have then the only reason he cant be getting a look in is because DW doesnt like him.

Marvin Brown has been playing terrible for the reserves this season so why should he be given a chance ??

So far this season 9 apperances and two goals does not suggest a call up to the first team bench, (robin hulbert has scored more!). also in Reserve games Marv looks disintrseted and does not come accross as someone who is trying to force his way in to the first team.

Also if you look at his city record and his Loan record then you would see why marvin is not a first team regular 53 Apps and only 2 goals.

I would get rid of Marv as soon as possible as he has never quite lived up to his potential and will not be good enough for BCFC (first team).

Guest Dolman Moaner
what exactly has he done to merit a place in the team ahead of roberts, miller, matthews and lita? (assuming peacock would be an automatic choice..)

Uuuh and what exactly have any of them done this Season with the possible exception of Roberts ? :Confused13:

I for one can understand Marvin being disinterested. If you look at how he has played for the Ressies and other teams over the last few years and never be given a run out is just flat wrong.

They (Danny) should just let all these guys go on a free. It's gotten riduclace how he refuses to give a chance to any of the youngsters up front. This has been one of my main problems with Danny for the last couple years.

Guest Lockerman

Marvin Brown must be the most miserable player on City's Books, I believe that it is like any player put him in the first team and play him alongside the senior pro's and who knows what may happen.

I also believe that there must be a clash of personalities, but they must be put aside and tell Marvin that he is going to be in the team on Saturday and for the next few games and it is up to him to make the spot his own.

Give him a Chance

Guest Tins4Gaffer

It doesn't seem long ago Marvin was rated as England U-19's star player and was making impressive sub appearances for us in the First Division as an up and coming 15 year old.. we all thought he'd obviously go on to play in the Premier League.. but he's yet to start a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

No wonder he's not living upto his potential??!!

We all knew he was the most talented prospect at the club.. and he still hasn't even been given a chance to shine.. the more first team action he tastes the better he'll become.. although he could of already been our answer to the loss of Thorpey IF he'd of been given more tastes of first team action under DW..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Marvin isn't a natural goalscorer as such though, but he is a decent finisher when he finds space in and around the box if their are no other option's - I'd feel confident with him looking for lose ball's that he could get us a goal - more confident than I am with Robert's, Miller, Matthews and Lita. Marvin naturally prefer's to drop off away from the defender because he doesn't like being marked tight or getting involved in the hussle and bussle (maybe div2 is to rough for his natural talent to shine through?) - I think he like's to get hold of the ball and have time on the ball to think what to do with it and how to create problems for the opposition. Marvin has good balance and good timing when he's at his sharpest, he often uses the ball well - laying it off or putting runner's through before looking for return's. I think he has two good feet, a good first touch, good vision and good movement off the ball.

Archived