SATURDAY 27TH

THE TEARS

BABYSHAMBLES

THE ARCADE FIRE

SUNDAY 28TH

BLOC PARTY - only English festival appearances

THE FUTUREHEADS

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM

Also on the Maiden front, if anybody's interested, "IRONICALLY MAIDEN" from Chehire, are playing Portishead Football Club on Sat April 30th, along with "Gafftape" and "The Addison Theory", tickets on sale for £5.00 from the club house.

They are bloody superb, and a wild night is assured!

www.ironicallymaiden.com

Also the previous Sunday 24th, Idiot Prayer from Los Angeles are playing a one off, to finish of their European tour.

This band has James"Charlie"Childs in their line up, previously guitar player with Airbus.

He wanted to do a local gig for family and friends, but everyones welcome.

So if anyone fancies a Sunday evening blast, that's another cracker in the offing.

Whatever happened to Airbus?? I am the proud owner of one signed album, and I havent heard of them since sad.gif

They all moved out to L.A. to find fame and fortune, but went their seperate ways a couple of years back.

Charlie still lives out there, and is doing really well with this latest band Idiot Prayer.

Just been confirmed Ye Gods will be opening up for them, with Toffer on drums, ex Airbus.

Should be a blast.

For those wanting to go, I beleive day tickets, specially Sunday are sold out, although there are I think some weekend tickets, and i've heard they are applying to the council to get the campsite expanded so more people can go. cant see those who like the bands Friday & Saturday liking the Sunday line up, and vice versa-could be interesting- ala the rucks between Sham 69 & Quo fans in '79.........I'll give Friday a big miss, and I aint really fussed about Saturday either..bring on Maiden, the God of Foook and Incubus wink.gif

For those wanting to go, I beleive day tickets, specially Sunday are sold out, although there are I think some weekend tickets, and i've heard they are applying to the council to get the campsite expanded so more people can go. cant see those who like the bands Friday & Saturday liking the Sunday line up, and vice versa-could be interesting- ala the rucks between Sham 69 & Quo fans in '79.........I'll give Friday a big miss, and I aint really fussed about Saturday either..bring on Maiden, the God of Foook and Incubus wink.gif

We'll have to meet up at the Blackthorn tent, though I'm going to take it a bit easier than a couple of years ago, when I nearly got killed in the mosh at Metallica!

Off to Paris to see Maiden in June too. (Shhhhhhhhh.....with an ex City God, who's a mate of Janicks)

We'll have to meet up at the Blackthorn tent, though I'm going to take it a bit easier than a couple of years ago, when I nearly got killed in the mosh at Metallica!

Off to Paris to see Maiden in June too. (Shhhhhhhhh.....with an ex City God, who's a mate of Janicks)

Sorry mate, didnt get a ticket, much as I love Maiden, too pricey for me.going to Download instead, for Sabbaf, Velvet Revolver, Him, Anthrax etc etc...too close to Motorheads 30th, and a million other gigs I have this summer (Taking my nephew to Green Day....ho hum)

Its only the first four albums material they are playing too..saw em both previous times at Reading, 2nd on the bill Saturday in 80, and headlining Saturday in 82-two of their very best performances in all the years I've seen em.....enjoy!

PM me Jannicks mates name cant place him.....but he would have been in a decent City side at least!! laugh.gif

Archived