IGNORED

Promotion "dreams" Over

Rule The Waves

Here follows my rant:

I didn't go to tonights game, even though I do have a season ticket. Simple reason being I have been more selective with my games this season, as have the people I go with. I went on Saturday and that was good enough, but nothing else. Against a side around us we would have lost that as well.

I am absolutely fed up with this club. I will try to list the reasons as understandably as I can.

1-The players DO NOT want to play for the manager. You cannot fault Tinnions commitment for the cause but he clearly cannot get the best out of his players. Lee Miller being the most obvious example.

2-Dead wood at the club. How on God's Green earth is Mickey Bell still a professional footballer? Scott Murray-ok, so a couple of seasons ago he had a good season, then he got slow, lost the one thing that made him good, end of story.

3-The awful attitude of the board. I am so bored of all this rubbish that comes out of the club about "its all still to play for." I would believe that if I felt we had the infrastructure in place to make that realistic, but we don't. The board clearly don't care about the fans, catering being the classic example, the badge being another.

4-General rubbish. Who cares about someone building a matchstick replica of Ashton Gate?

5-Players coming out with rubbish quotes. Why oh why do they all come out with quotes like "its time to get stuck in," week after week and then proceed to do eff all to back up their quotes? Don't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk, it gets boring after a while.

At no stage this season have I believed we would get into the play-offs, never mind promotion. There are so many things that are fundamentally wrong with the club, and I am guessing that tonight was another heartless performance?

The way forward? Well for next season one of two things has to happen, either Binman goes and most of the squad stays or Binman stays and a lot of the squad goes. What we have at the moment clearly is not good enough, and has not been all season.

I apologise if this has turned into a boring long winded post but I am so disillusioned with the club at the moment and I hate to see it the way it is, and I am sure many other people feel the same.

Good post RTW.

The problem now is for SL to assess this season in the summer and decide if what we have is good enough for a play-off/promotion assault next season. I don't think for one moment he was expecting automatic promotion to be beyond our reach with 7 or 8 games of the season left.

Yet throughout this season he and BT have had to justify this situation - on Points West after our 5 game-2 point haul opening to the season; 'one to ones' and 'look me in the eye' sessions; Dolman Q&A before the Barnsley game. The end of the season is the time to sort this mess out. I'm dreading the quotes of 'I've learnt a lot this season' and 'We'll hit the ground running' and 'I'm an experienced manager' type quotes in the months of May, June and July.

What does SL do? Let him go in the summer or keep him here and give him 10 games at the start of next season? RTW's point about either Tinnion goes or the squad gets a complete overhaul is relevant. Which one of those two options could the club most easily afford?

And not forgetting that next year will be our seventh consecutive season in Division Three. Happy times!

Archived