IGNORED

Has This Season Been A Disaster?

mrevans

Now we've missed out on promotion and the play offs, are there any positives to take from this season?

Personally I believe that BT should finally admit that the manager's job is beyond him and I think we should concentrate all our efforts on finding an experienced guy to take us up. We've spent loads of money and yet we're getting turned over by teams like Bournemouth, Luton, Hartlepool, etc- remember we were favourites to go up in many people's eyes.

Only bright spot are some of the kids coming through (didn't we say that last season!!!)

Yes, this season has been a disaster!

The results are dissapointing. Losing 13 of the first 15 points of the season. Losing 10 quick home points Chesterfield/Walsall losses, and Barnsley Oldham draws. Pity is we have the players, its been the selections and substitutions that stink. National selectors picked Golbourne,Cotterill and Wilkshire. Tins picked Bell,Murray and Keith. Smith likewise has slipped recently and Carey should be right back with Fortune playing. He was dropped after great reviews from Tins and Mins. Its done now......very depressing.

Bransonmo is spot on - the problem is the BT/Millen combination has not worked, will not work. Tactical niavety shown in bucket loads.

A team that very nearly got promoted two seasons running has been torned apart, better players overlooked for 'yes sir Brian' men.

This season has been a disaster, without managerial change next season will be too.

dunno.gif

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

i vowed after the cock up with tickets for play off final never to go down again but like a fool i did and again i am wondering if i will take my hard earned cash and buy tickets next year!!!!

also who had the bright idea of charging more on the match day for tickets than buying them proir!!!

It's been boring really. Even the wins haven't been great entertainment. A huge disappointment after we were promised fast attacking football to get the fans on the edge of our seats.

It's gone from Tinnion was appointed so we can 'hit the ground running', to a 'season of transition' and now a 'learning curve'. I liked Tinnion as a player and he must be under enormous pressure to succeed, but he took the job with more knowledge about the club than an outsider would have.

Yes its not going to be easy learning infront of thousands of highly critical fans but I'm afraid there is no 2nd chances if you are attempting to learn like this. You have to take the good and the bad,and react professionally. If lessons have genuinely been learnt and acted on then we should benefit next season.If the same mistakes are constantly being made then the time is ticking away.

I can't believe the club won't put the price of season tickets and match tickets up. I would like to see them frozen at least. We have kept our promise to support the club, brought merchandise etc. Have the clubs promise to us been kept? We will be told prices will have to be increased due to our lack of progress in the cups and now almost certain we won't get playoff income either. Is this the fans fault? No but it will be us who will be expected to pay.

Disaster? A strong word, disappointing and depressing maybe. I'll reserve judgement and see who come and goes in the summer to see if disaster is right. dunno.gif

Guest DANBOY_BCFC

Yes. We are tactically inept.

We havent moved forward since letting Danny Wilson go, if anything we've taken steps backwards.

We're used to League One football and we'll see no higher standard for a good few seasons if we carry on as we are.

If the season was a disaster we would be battling from relagation, but yes it has been dissapointing. At the start of this season we were without a doubt seen as the strongest team in the league, we've had no major changes and the squad that has been in the play offs the last 2 seasons is practically the same, i really can't understand what has gone wrong with the side, it's not like tinman doesnt know the lads. I'll always have hope until its' impossible, but it's looking like we're going to be stuck in this shithole of a divison once more doh.gif

However the emergence of leroy, scotty brown, goldbourne and dave cotteril is very promising, but how long is leroy going to stick around dunno.gif

Guest MaloneFM

Comparing this season to last when tin pot teams would come and turn us over because we defended a one goal lead. Being able to name next weeks side on the sunday after the previous game. Suffering Roberts week in week out. And finally the noise that swept down the Milstad last year as we became a laughing stock when the final whistle went and Lita turned off the tv at home.

This season has been fantastic!

Were 8th in the league.....

It's our manager's first season in management.......

Very disappointing, but hardly a disaster. 8th position in the league is good for a manager in there first season.....

We won't finish as high as eighth. To be honest, I won't be surprised if we finish outside the top 10. All four away games (Brentford, Swindon, MK Dons and Sheff Weds) are going to be tough. Even the home games (Wrexham and Donny) won't be easy.

I predict eleventh place. And yes, that IS a disaster.

I predict eleventh place. And yes, that IS a disaster.

No. A disaster is being top of the league at the end of Feb, but not even making the play-offs and then getting relegated the following season laugh.gif

No it has not been a disaster, just a little disappointing. There have been some good and bad points, some good and bad results and a lot of inconsistency. If the start of the season had been a little bit better, that would have helped a lot. The youngsters coming through has been encouraging and at least Tins gave them a chance, we rarely say any young guns under Danny. Just call this season a transistion period and see if Tins can make any more progress next season. Anyway who thought Luton, Bournemouth etc would be up there instead of us - just shows what type of League this is - Expect the unexpected

No not really just stepped back 3 years doh.gif D.W should of had his final year or an expeirenced manager brought in.

The board and manager, don't know what they`re doing.Hill and Butler, 2 of the best defenders have gone and no suitible replacements found.Seems like Goodfella the flying winger and Wilkshire our out of favour and it seems like Hartlepool,Brentford,Bournemouth are leaving us in there wake.

Ireland or someone simular should of been brought in to shore up our clueless defence. doh.gifdunno.gif

Guest east_dundry_red

|To be honest i think this season has been a complete and utter set up on part of the board.

The board don't want championship football down here when we have a stand missing so they have given up on this season and said go for it next year. All signs are there to prove that. City look like a team being heald back by the reigns.

To be honest i think we will walk it next year with the squad we have. Lita will go to either west brom or southampton if they stay up for £1.5million hef and brooker up front will bang in the goals and it will all be rosey.

THIS SEASON IS A SET UP!

To be honest i think we will walk it next year with the squad we have. Lita will go to either west brom or southampton if they stay up for £1.5million hef and brooker up front will bang in the goals and it will all be rosey.

THIS SEASON IS A SET UP!

This post is full of absolute billhooks.

Lita to join a Prem outfit for £1.5million?

We will "walk it" next year?

It will "all be rosy"?

Stupid stupid stupid.

Guest Burnell4rovers

For me it is not the fact that we are going to finnish 11th or lower that is the worst point.

If we had played attacking and exciting football, but a few mistakes made which showed up tinmans inexperience and resulted in failure to win promotion at his first attempt then fair enough.

It's the fact that he shows no signs of improvement. The fooball has been stale, and boring. His team selections are awful, the don't seem to be any tactics, his substitutions are awful. His treatment of top quality players is laughable. (Lee miller is the obvious one, woodman aswell, but what about doherty who looks slow, he can't last a whole game, i think wilson probably kept tabs on his life style, ie what he eats, how much he drinks how much he smokes, whereas i don't think tinnion realises that this is an important part of todays game) Last season doherty ran the show in midfield, now he looks like he's going to have a heart atack when he just runs out of the tunnel at the start of the game.

The team is continuously booed off at home, does that not tell you something about the quality of performances? He just seems to have no idea what he is doing. And what it takes to be a manager. I can't see that giving him another season will lead to any kind of improvement what so ever. In fact I think it will get a hell of a lot worse.

However the one saving ngrace of tinnion for me and this is why he deserves to keep his job, is that he got rid of joe burnell!

As the season is not over we can still get promoted, however I notice that my better half has now taken to enquiring about my sanity whenever I mention this.

Ultimately if the season were to finish tomorrow Bristol City FC have taken a massive step backwards in terms of the playing side of football. Its dull, boring, midfield is clearly an alien word to Tins strange as he once was a midfielder, defending in an organised manner is also a phrase he has not heard of.

As Madger said in another post every time Bournemouth attacked down our right flank Murray and Smith tucked inside and rolled out the red carpet. And this is where I get very depressed, 10 thousand people can see what is going to happen next and where it is going wrong but it is not changed. Yes we were on Wilsons' back out his selections but ultimately he just missed out on promotion after guiding us to the play-off final, therefore he did a better job than Tins, he very nearly got us up.

Currently we are mid-table nothing.

However in Tins favour is the youngsters, Lita, Brown, Cotteril etc etc.

Against him is the persistent rumours that a number of our better players do not get on with him.

no, as it is tinnions 1st season.

next season we wil go up as champs biggrin.gif

I find it amazing that people take the stance that "..because it's Tinnion's first season we'll forgive not going up, because next season everything will be OK.."

What makes people think that next season will be any different? Against most of the top sides this season we've been distinctly 2nd best. Last season we beat Plymouth, QPR and Brighton, the three promoted clubs, during the regular season,

IMO I just feel that we've not moved forward and Tinnion's selections and tactics are puzzling.

I still think that being in this division is a disaster!!

Guest Oxford Red

I think it's been a very disappointing season. We're really suffering now because of the poor start to the season (2 points from 15) - if we'd got 5 or 6 more points at that stage the playoffs would still be possible. I think we can blame those results on appointing an inexperienced manager with no experienced assistant after a disappointing end to last season.

After such a bad start it was going to take a good run of form in the new year to drag us up the table. At this stage we're W6 D6 L5 since January 1st, which is very average, and we're inconsistent to boot. I think mid-table obscurity will be ours next season if changes aren't made to the current set-up.

Archived