IGNORED

The Difference Between Us

Ian M

• Admin

The flanks, pure and simple.

In the most basic terms, ALL 4 of our right and left hand side players were found lacking whilst Bournemouth's regularly posed decent threats to us and had us stretched.

I lost count of the times Smith and Murray would drift inside leaving TWO UNMARKED options for Bournemouth to pass to when they got closed down by Brown and Doherty in the centre. It was getting ridiculous in that you could tell EXACTLY where the ball was going but our players couldn't!

On the left Keith was anonymous and Bell offered him no support whatsoever, probably due to decreased mobility as he reaches the end of his career.

As far as I am concerned, for the remainder of this season we now write this season off and plan for next. Smith/Murray/Bell & Keith out. Golbourne/Wilkshire on the left, Carey/Cotts on the right and bring Fortune in to partner Coles (who penalty apart didn't have a particularly poor game).

IF a miracle happened and we won all 6 games then so be it, but I can't really see that happening and the experience the youngsters will gain from this will help next season.

In the most basic terms, ALL 4 of our right and left hand side players were found lacking whilst Bournemouth's regularly posed decent threats to us and had us stretched.

I lost count of the times Smith and Murray would drift inside leaving TWO UNMARKED options for Bournemouth to pass to when they got closed down by Brown and Doherty in the centre. It was getting ridiculous in that you could tell EXACTLY where the ball was going but our players couldn't!

On the left Keith was anonymous and Bell offered him no support whatsoever, probably due to decreased mobility as he reaches the end of his career.

As far as I am concerned, for the remainder of this season we now write this season off and plan for next. Smith/Murray/Bell & Keith out. Golbourne/Wilkshire on the left, Carey/Cotts on the right and bring Fortune in to partner Coles (who penalty apart didn't have a particularly poor game).

IF a miracle happened and we won all 6 games then so be it, but I can't really see that happening and the experience the youngsters will gain from this will help next season.

I think the main out should be Tinnion and I think the playing side would take care of itself.

Cotterill's a striker really, imagine if his little tricks left him with the goal at his mercy rather than just the opportunity to cross.

As for Keith, anonymous is correct. Only thing is Tinman obviously rates him so its up to SL to put his foot down very firmly on this one.

Wilkshire, one of our last creative and unpredictable players appears to be following Roberts, Amankwaah, Goodfellow and Miller to the exit door, interesting to see how his value has withstood 2 unproductive seasons at AG.

• Admin
Cotterill's a striker really, imagine if his little tricks left him with the goal at his mercy rather than just the opportunity to cross.

As for Keith, anonymous is correct. Only thing is Tinman obviously rates him so its up to SL to put his foot down very firmly on this one.

Wilkshire, one of our last creative and unpredictable players appears to be following Roberts, Amankwaah, Goodfellow and Miller to the exit door, interesting to see how his value has withstood 2 unproductive seasons at AG.

I am merely offering solutions from within our current squad.

Striker or not, Cotts can go past people with pace OR skill, Murray can do neither, and can cross which Murray can't.

Wilkshire may not be the best fit (although injured tonight) but even in his poorer performances I notice him involved more often than Keith was tonight.

Oh dear has this club come to the point where players are actually getting plaudits for "didn't have a particularly poor game"?

I am merely offering solutions from within our current squad.

Striker or not, Cotts can go past people with pace OR skill, Murray can do neither, and can cross which Murray can't.

Wilkshire may not be the best fit (although injured tonight) but even in his poorer performances I notice him involved more often than Keith was tonight.

Fair enough Madger, but i like to see players in their favoured positions, although Cotterill clearly has the class to help out the team out wide in the short term. I've no idea why Murray has lost confidence yet again, this can be tolerated in youngsters but not players with his experience.

I don't think the solutions are there in the current squad, you've made a good stab at it but unfortunately Tinman has moved on players with pace, unpredictably, and scoring power and left us with the dullards we saw tonight and on many other occasions.

Was it really less than a year ago that a City team contained the excitement generated by Roberts, Goodfellow and Rougier?

If we're not going to go up lets at least be entertained. mad.gif

• Admin
Fair enough Madger, but i like to see players in their favoured positions, although Cotterill clearly has the class to help out the team out wide in the short term. I've no idea why Murray has lost confidence yet again, this can be tolerated in youngsters but not players with his experience.

I don't think the solutions are there in the current squad, you've made a good stab at it but unfortunately Tinman has moved on players with pace, unpredictably, and scoring power and left us with the dullards we saw tonight and on many other occasions.

Was it really less than a year ago that a City team contained the excitement generated by Roberts, Goodfellow and Rougier?

If we're not going to go up lets at least be entertained. mad.gif

I know exactly why Murray has lost his confidence, he has lost his pace. We all knew before that he was a bit of a one trick pony, although that one-trick was often very effective. Sad as it may be to accept, a pace-less Scott Murray offers NOTHING to this team.

Keith played much better with Golbourne behind him. Cotterill and Carey/Orr on the right. These suggestions were in the forum before the match. My neighbour bet on Bournemouth as soon as he saw Tins starting with the older slower guys. Tins played until 36, so thinks that 30-34 is young. Flankers need speed, and the average player is in decline after 30. Bell, Murray, and Smith should not have started for such a crucial game.

More Murray witch hunting!

You guys have no idea the bloke gave 110% covering Smith, winning headers and flicks, but got zero service for attacking runs (apart from one ball that Lita blazed over after taking his ground!)

Saturday he hit the post, had a good shot saved, and crossed for Heffs goal - yep definately over the hill.

Murray has been totally anonymous for the majority of this season - get over it!

For me the difference last night was Bournemouth not only played better football than us, they were faster! Showed particularly well for their first goal they just walked through our defence and after that as Madger says, they knew exactly where to put the ball and how to get through - something our management and players didn't seem to be able to address.

Bell and Smith would not get in my team (not that I'm ever likely to get the chance to pick biggrin.gif ). Murray maybe, he is not as bad as some think, he is just playing differently to when he was at his best - he hasn't got the pace anymore but is still as good a right winger as most in this division. With our ever dwindling number of strikers I might be tempted to give Cotterill a go up front for once! Keith is a query at the moment, might give him another chance with Golbourne rather than Bell on the left, otherwise yes not looking good enough.

Aren't we missing Aaron Brown?

Play the youngsters now and reinstate Wilkshire, really can't see what he has done wrong.

More Murray witch hunting!

You guys have no idea the bloke gave 110% covering Smith, winning headers and flicks, but got zero service for attacking runs (apart from one ball that Lita blazed over after taking his ground!)

Saturday he hit the post, had a good shot saved, and crossed for Heffs goal - yep definately over the hill.

Its all about opinions isn,t it?

You seem to have no time time for Orr and Scott Brown judging by your comments in other posts,yet you get a titty lip on whenever anyone has a go at your Scott Murray!If you can,t take it don,t give it!

And you seem to be in a minority in your support for Murray and your lack of it for Brown.

Guest Big Si

Madger is exactly right. The best thing we can do is play the kids now until the end of the season. There is no point persisting with Murray and Bell anymore.

Wilkshire needs to be incorporated as well.

Si.

yep..

i've said all season that we are lacking in our wing play

and lita and brooker go to far down the channels for the

ball and once they win it there is no one in the middle.

our wing play is poor and just shows why lee miller is doing

well at hearts becuse the play with wingers and decent service

from midfield and brooker would have a field day if you put the ball

on his head from a wing cross instead of banging it up to him with his back to goal all the time.

our crosses are directed right at the keeper all the time sad.gif

don't want to add much but!

wilkshire wasnt injured last nite! Tinnion hasnt spoken to him since he has been back from oz land!

Luke doesnt know what he has done either!

Interesting post. I was at the David Lloyd centre on Sunday morning and only Wilkshire and Cotterill of the entire first team on duty against Port Vale were not there doing a warm down. Wilkshire turned up later after everybody else had left and stayed in the bar with his family. I thought it was probably to do with tiredness from his international call up.

Was any explanation given for his omission last night (apart from the obvious "our manager does not really know what he is doing"!)?

Archived