IGNORED

4 Years Wasted

SimplyRed

Bournemouth deserved their win last night and also deserved the applause graciously given them by those remaining in the Atyeo following the game.

Bournemouth displayed all the qualities currently lacking in our team - organisation, confidence, tenacity, pace, awareness, accuracy and teamwork.

We only managed commitment and effort last night, so now - it seems - Tinnion has got the commitment he was looking for at the expense of the other qualities that make up a good football team.

I have to say, at times, we were outplayed and Bournemouth, for the major part of the game, looked the team we aspire to being.

There will be some on here who believe that a 7 point gap can still be overcome in 6 games, and I've no doubt that's the sort of rhetoric that will be issued by the club in their attempt to remain positive, as well as here on the forum.

A gap of 7 points is a tall order but possible, though not, unfortunately, for our team. I'm afraid we would need to gain the sort of attributes shown by Bournemouth last night to have any chance whatsoever of overcoming that sort of deficit.

I feel we are now in a similar position to where we were when Wilson took over - 4 years progress wasted in one season at a cost of nearly £400,000.

I'm gutted... sad.gif

Guest Slinky
Bournemouth deserved their win last night and also deserved the applause graciously given them by those remaining in the Atyeo following the game.

Bournemouth displayed all the qualities currently lacking in our team - organisation, confidence, tenacity, pace, awareness, accuracy and teamwork.

We only managed commitment and effort last night, so now - it seems - Tinnion has got the commitment he was looking for at the expense of the other qualities that make up a good football team.

I have to say, at times, we were outplayed and Bournemouth, for the major part of the game, looked the team we aspire to being.

There will be some on here who believe that a 7 point gap can still be overcome in 6 games, and I've no doubt that's the sort of rhetoric that will be issued by the club in their attempt to remain positive, as well as here on the forum.

A gap of 7 points is a tall order but possible, though not, unfortunately, for our team.  I'm afraid we would need to gain the sort of attributes shown by Bournemouth last night to have any chance whatsoever of overcoming that sort of deficit.

I feel we are now in a similar position to where we were when Wilson took over - 4 years progress wasted in one season at a cost of nearly £400,000.

I'm gutted... sad.gif

Would that be Bournemouth who appointed a former player as manager and were relegated to the bottom league?

Of course, they've stuck by their man and are now reaping the rewards. Unfortunately, we don't give managers that sort of time and respect at City.

Would that be Bournemouth who appointed a former player as manager and were relegated to the bottom league?

Of course, they've stuck by their man and are now reaping the rewards. Unfortunately, we don't give managers that sort of time and respect at City.

How is that relevant to what I posted?

I was merely expressing an opinion about the way we played last night compared to how Bournemouth approached the game.

I also considered that the current state of our team was akin to the one that Wilson inherited several years ago and the speed and cost at which his team has been dismantled.

Personally I couldn't care less about how Bournemouth achieved their present team. For every example you can give where a former/ex- player has made a success at managing, there is another where they failed dismally.

Tinnion should've learned his trade before being handed the reins. mad.gif

Maybe a bit off point but I recon Bournemouth will still be in this division next season. I doubt they will win the play offs because I think Tranmere or Sheff Wed could overcome them and also the cockiness of their fans chanting "were going up" makes me think they will be brought back down to earth. So despite us praising Bournemouth for all their qualities, that could count for nothing so lets stop comparing them to us because I think it is irrelevant and they could be here with us next season so what will they have achieved????

...so lets stop comparing them to us because I think it is irrelevant and they could be here with us next season so what will they have achieved????

I was merely observing that the qualities showed by Bournemouth last night were those that were missing from our team... it was not an envious comment, merely an observational one... wink.gif

Sometimes the gamble pays off, but Bournemouth aren't giving a former player his chance out of choice ! They're doing it because they're skint.

Whats our excuse ?

Guest Marco

A gap of 7 points is a tall order but possible, though not, unfortunately, for our team. I'm afraid we would need to gain the sort of attributes shown by Bournemouth last night to have any chance whatsoever of overcoming that sort of deficit.

Correct - the club has gone backwards this season, this is down to the management. The present management setup would not be good enough for the championship.

I was merely observing that the qualities showed by Bournemouth last night were those that were missing from our team... it was not an envious comment, merely an observational one...  wink.gif

I thought that they were distinctly average in spells. Passing the ball out of touch, miscontrolling, shooting high and handsome when it looked easier to score. Giving away a lot of needless fouls, outpaced at the back.

The only problem was that we were truly awful and very very small!

Archived