IGNORED

Lita May Interest Aston Villa, Hearts And Miller

Dynamite Red

VILLA LOOK AT LITA BUT THEY DON'T GET IN TOUCH

09:30 - 07 April 2005

Bristol City boss Brian Tinnion last night said he had received no enquiries for any of his players from Aston Villa.

The Premiership club's assistant boss Roy Aitken watched Tuesday's 2-0 defeat to Bournemouth while manager David O'Leary was also due to attend the match. Villa have struggled to score this season and so it would be no surprise if they were interested in 28-goal City striker Leroy Lita.

Tinnion said: "They are obviously interested in someone but we have had no enquiries from them for Leroy or anyone else." Lita has been offered a new contract by the Robins but is yet to accept it. His current deal expires in June 2006.

Meanwhile, City could be without Louis Carey and Mickey Bell for Saturday's crucial League One trip to Brentford.

Tinnion said: "Both Belly and Louis are struggling with whacks and are having treatment. We will see how they are on Friday." Clayton Fortune and Scott Golbourne are standing by for the Griffin Park game while teenage winger Dave Cotterill could get a start.

"Dave has been unfortunate because it was only because he was ill for the Torquay game that he came out of the team and he is certainly in my thoughts," said Tinnion.

Hearts are believed to have made an increased offer for on-loan City striker Lee Miller but the club are holding out for a figure closer to the £325,000 they paid Falkirk for him in 2003.

Guest The Traveller

you are right his kicking is not the best, but you can work on that.but as a shot stopper he must be one of the better ones outside the premier lesgue.

Guest alex1089

His saves were top notch and that it rare outside the premiership. He is still young and things like his kicking can be made better under good training.

Some of the critisism phillips gets from the fans is ridiculous if you ask me , he's kept us in god knows how many games and has improved so much over the last couple of years. He was the one player i (and others) clapped off at luton , he kept us ahead against torquay with some outstanding saves ,and i can think of loads of other occasions were he has kept us in games over the last few years (everton).He won the best goalkeeper in the division last season and that was thouroughly deserved. Yes he makes the ODD mistake but with coaching he can still improve. I would say he is one of if not the best goalkeeper outside the premier league , and i wouldnt be at all suprised if Villa were looking at him especially with sorensen making so many mistakes this season.

Archived