IGNORED

City...................

BS4 on Tour...

I totally understand all the frustration and anger that has appeared on this forum with increasing regularity recently. I really do, I hurt as much as anyone that Bristol City are stuck in League One when sides such as Crewe, Gillingham etc have been above us for some time.

BUT, Bristol City FC is in my blood - it has been since I first walked into The Gate in February 1974 to see my first game - a 0-2 home defeat by Forest!!

I support the club - I accept that players, managers, coaches and board members will come and go, some will give everything for our club (Gow, Riley, Cheesley, Newman, Tinnion, Llewellyn etc) and some will just go through the motions and take the money before b*ggering off to the first club that offers more money. But I support whichever 11 players happen to be wearing the red shirt on any given match day.

This season has been so disappointing - but we are Bristol City fans. We will still flock to away games in considerable numbers - singing our hearts out and full of optimism in the service stations, pubs, train stations etc.

We will be there because we will love the club no matter what - there is nothing we can do about it. We forgive the club for the heartbreak it causes us. We would never forgive a woman for hurting us so much but we love the City unconditionally and we always will.

Keep the faith people, Bristol City is our club. We have underachieved but it could be so much worse.

Aren't you all just SO glad that you were born in Bristol and support the best team in this fantastic city and the country?

Better Red Than Green With Envy..........

shifty.gif

All of us 'Exiles' experience this especially from friends in our far from home locations.

One thing I have suffered from in recent weeks is a total lack of seeing my beloved team. All of us Northern exiles had it rich for months, City oop north virually every week, then nothing. Can't wait til next season. Hopefully Crewe (joking) and another norhern side will go down with Rotherham. Pity not all of Rochdale, Bury, Macclesfield and Morecambe(!) aren't being promoted to our division!

Would be nice if they could win something once in a while though, don't you think.

I'm an exile and my young daughter recently asked "Dad , why do you support Bristol City (wife's family all Chelsea / son Man Utd  ranting.gif and Brighton  ranting.gif  ranting.gif ), it doesn't seem to make you very happy "

To be honest id think it would be boring to be succesfull all the time,we love the highs hate th lows but ....but!! there are highs ..sum times.!

I was born in Bristol, what other league football club could I possibly support ???!!!  biggrin.gif  city.gif  laugh.gif  w00t.gif

At least Bristol RUFC look like they will be promoted biggrin.gif andGCCC are in the premier (Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.) divison in the 4 day and limited overs games (unlike Lancs tee hee), something has got to make part of my life miserable. ranting.gif

Bristol City FC, sometimes magic, frequently tragic.

I totally understand all the frustration and anger that has appeared on this forum with increasing regularity recently. I really do, I hurt as much as anyone that Bristol City are stuck in League One when sides such as Crewe, Gillingham etc have been above us for some time.

BUT, Bristol City FC is in my blood - it has been since I first walked into The Gate in February 1974 to see my first game - a 0-2 home defeat by Forest!!

I support the club - I accept that players, managers, coaches and board members will come and go, some will give everything for our club (Gow, Riley, Cheesley, Newman, Tinnion, Llewellyn etc) and some will just go through the motions and take the money before b*ggering off to the first club that offers more money. But I support whichever 11 players happen to be wearing the red shirt on any given match day.

This season has been so disappointing - but we are Bristol City fans. We will still flock to away games in considerable numbers - singing our hearts out and full of optimism in the service stations, pubs, train stations etc.

We will be there because we will love the club no matter what - there is nothing we can do about it. We forgive the club for the heartbreak it causes us. We would never forgive a woman for hurting us so much but we love the City unconditionally and we always will.

Keep the faith people, Bristol City is our club. We have underachieved but it could be so much worse.

Aren't you all just SO glad that you were born in Bristol and support the best team in this fantastic city and the country?

Better Red Than Green With Envy..........

shifty.gif

Well said WE ARE HERE FOREVER the rest are just passing through city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

(we don't half like a moan though) wink.gif

Archived