IGNORED

Fair Play Tins

Show Me The Money!

And we've got a smaller squad due to a handful of players being out on loan. Not that many of them featured regularly mind. Not sure how many of those on loan can be called back anyhow, not many I think?

Add to this injuries, suspensions and youngsters deemed not quite ready and we find ourselves a bit stretched. sad.gif Tinnion maybe tempted to be a hero one last time! w00t.gif

And we've got a smaller squad due to a handful of players being out on loan. Not that many of them featured regularly mind. Not sure how many of those on loan can be called back anyhow, not many I think?

Add to this injuries, suspensions and youngsters deemed not quite ready and we find ourselves a bit stretched. sad.gif  Tinnion maybe tempted to be a hero one last time! w00t.gif

Indeed, it seems perhaps that our "small" squad is very much of our own making. How many good players do we have out on loan, how easily did we let Kev A and Tony Butler go without a replacement for at least one of them?

Our season was over weeks ago, tomorrow is a nothing game regardless what our leader may say. We needed a miracle to happen back in February, it didn't come and we are left with a desperate manager failing to convince anyone we're in with a shout.

Good luck reaching the play offs.

The best thing Tinnion could do is spend a bit of quality time on the training ground teaching our players that football is not about hitting a constant stream of 60 yard aimless whoosh balls up the park to the opposition Centre Half.

Instead he spends it whingeing about opposition managers who have far more talent than he appears to have. Or is he making his excuses for a possible defeat tomorrow.

Having just read the thing about Doherty/Coles bookings, how many times has Brian said "We haven't got the biggest squad" this season...?

Having just read the thing about Doherty/Coles bookings, how many times has Brian said "We haven't got the biggest squad" this season...?

How on earth we can complain about having a small squad when we have 5 first teamers plus simpson out on loan god knows. Chuck into that selling two players (Buts and Kev A) in the last month or so and not signing a replacement.

Theres a reason we have a small squad Brian!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth we can complain about having a small squad when we have 5 first teamers plus simpson out on loan god knows. Chuck into that selling two players (Buts and Kev A) in the last month or so and not signing a replacement.

Theres a reason we have a small squad Brian!!!!!!!!!!

Especially to then go on and complain about other people laugh.gif

We've actually got a very large squad for League 1 - 34 according to the main squad with 6 out on loan - IMHO we should recall Gillespie and Goodfellow now !

Don't give Tins that idea, he'd call them back and play them in defence! ohmy.gif

I find the comments very sad.

BT inherited a quality squad, with a mix that had achieved a top 6 finish on a few occasions.

Was allowed to add to that squad - as he said at the time we needed goals.

The one thing that BT got right was bring in LL.

He spent on H'nan & Brooker. The sort of mony that other Div managers can only dream of.

Has let a lot of good players go & brought in some average replacements.

He has had the real royalties when it comes to players.

Why is he moaning ? sweatingbullets.gif

Again transfering the blame to his squad not being good & experienced enough. w00t.gif

Has let a lot of good players go & brought in some average replacements.

Who has he let go?

The only players I can think of that have been "let go" are Roberts, Woodman and Goodfellow - and the latter 2 are only on loan. None of those are really good enough for a side with Championship ambitions.

Who has he let go?

The only players I can think of that have been "let go" are Roberts, Woodman and Goodfellow - and the latter 2 are only on loan. None of those are really good enough for a side with Championship ambitions.

Roberts, Woodman, Amankwaah, Butler, Miller, Gillespie, Goodfellow and he's currently in the process of trying to let Coles and Doherty go...

Dissappointing to see Tinnion resort to cheap shots. I agree with what he says but can't he have kept his mouth shut?

The actions of a desperate man for sure.

Yep, I guess BT is just finding his feet with the mindgames, he still has a way to go until he's up there with the best like Sir Alex & Wenger.

Fair play for giving it a go, lets face it there is nothing else to play for this season he may aswell take a couple of pops to see what happens dunno.gif

Roberts - not good enough

Woodman - not good enough

Amankwaah - not shown anything much since his injuries

Butler - old, not good enough

Miller - on loan, in fine form, will either come back a better player or will make us some money

Gillespie - no place for him in the squad. Loan is a sensible move

Goodfellow  - not good enough

Coles and Doherty - continually let the club down on and off the pitch. petulant and immature.

Just my thoughts, of course, but I would say all those outward transfers are justifiable.

I am always sceptical about this type of story. Media like to misquote.

But if it is true then I find it disappointing. I can understand people being frustrated about how much people bang on about Martin Allen...but the people who have a right to be annoyed are the managers of the other smaller clubs doing a good job on an equally small budget eg Hartlepool.

Tins can't sulk because Brentford look to be taking a play-off spot and we don't. Tins has been allowed to bring in new players and spend £375,000 (sold £150k, so still spent £225,000). Not sure what Brentford have spent in that period but I expect it is a lot less, if anything at all. We have dropped 4 places this season from last, Brentford look like they will improve by over 10 places. No doubting their achievements in my eyes- they may have finished bottom half a few times in recent years but they still manage to compete with us and often to better than us every couple of years too- amazing when you think that their gates are half what ours are.

Roberts, Woodman, Amankwaah, Butler, Miller, Gillespie, Goodfellow and he's currently in the process of trying to let Coles and Doherty go...

For me:

Roberts - Key player last season. Goalscorer, and has pace - something we've lacked this season.

Woodman - Not really given a chance by Tinnion, didn't look bad early on in the season

Amankwaah - Not given a chance.

Butler - Dodgy situation with Clive Platt, probably had to go.

Miller - Not given a chance

Gillespie - Loan move best

Goodfellow - More pace and goalscoring ability

Coles & Doherty - petulant, but Tinnion certainly hasn't got the best out of them this season! At least they weren't this unruly under Wilson.

Then, all this begs the question who has Tinnion brought in to make the squad better?

Keith

Dinning

Heffernan

Brooker

Carey

Orr

Smith

Other than Brooker and Heffernan when he's been given the chance I can't see any improvement there whatsoever. I see worse players infact.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

The Total list of players that have been sold or on loan:

Hill

Butler

Amankwaah

Woodman

Gillespie

Goodfellow

Miller

Simpson

Add to that Coles on the transfer market and Doherty almost its quite a turn around on a squad that gained almost auto promotion last season,replaced by better players I do not think so as our position shows.

Other than Brooker and Heffernan when he's been given the chance I can't see any improvement there whatsoever. I see worse players infact.

Well we're always going to have differing views on players, but aside from Dinning I don't think Tinnion has signed a bad player (incidentally, you missed Scott Brown off your list).

I agree that we've lost some pace without Roberts and Goodfellow, but I also don't think either of them is terribly skillful and neither seems to have a terribly good attitude.

I just think that some people are now overrating Wilson's squad in an effort to make Tinnion look worse than he is.

Archived