IGNORED

Get Off His Back!

charisma_cider

Just reading the Ask Steve L/Colin S forum I am somewhat shocked at some posts which have been as absurd to ask Steve to resign and also many questioning his loyalty! I think we can see by the £500,000+ worth of players on our pitch that he is loyal to the club, and not afraid to dip into his wallet, and also he takes time out to listen to the fans comments and reply to them aswell!! and also not too long ago he brought in a very good manager in the name of Danny Wilson, ok after 4 years maybe it was time for a change but I think if we look at the recent situations within the teams along the south coast (Pompy & S'hampton) I think we can see that chopping and changing does no1 any favours, and getting rid of Tinman without a full season in charge outside of a relegation battle is a little hasty. Whose to say that an experienced manager would get us into the playoffs, and if that was the case would we be saying sack the board then? or if Danny had us in the same position? I somewhat think reactions would be different. I think the seasons gone t1ts up and now Roberts has gone we're looking for a scape-goat and the bullets have gone in all directions. I just think that Steve Landsdown is not the man to blame for all of this and we could all be eating our words when next season Tinman does the buisness or we even sneak into the playoffs (Cardiff did it 2 seasons ago) city.gif

(edited 4 spelling)

Just reading the Ask Steve L/Colin S forum I am somewhat shocked at some posts which have been as absurd to ask Steve to resign and also many questioning his loyalty! I think we can see by the £500,000+ worth of players that he is loyal to the club, and not afraid to dip into his wallet, and also he takes time out to listen to the fans comments and reply to them aswell!! and also not too long ago he brought in a very good manager in the name of Danny Wilson, ok after 4 years maybe it was time for a change but I think if we look at the recent situations within the teams along the south coast (Pompy & S'hampton) I think we can see that chopping and changing does no1 any favours, and getting rid of Tinman without a full season in charcge outside of a relegation battle is a little hasty. Whose to say that an experienced manager would get us into the playoffs, and if that was the case would we be saying sack the board then? or if Danny had us in the same position? I somewhat think things would be different. I think the seasons gone t1ts up and now Roberts has gone we're looking for a scape-goat and the bullets have gone in all directions. I just think that Steve Landsdown is not the man to blame for all of this and we could all be eating our words when next season Tinman does the buisness or we even sneak into the playoffs (Cardiff did it 2 seasons ago)  city.gif

Sorry to sound a little silly but what has Christian Roberts got to do with people going on at Steve L? I haven't read any posts to the contrary with regards to Roberts leaving city for Swindon. Infact most people thought it was a good deal for the player and the club. 50k was not bad for a player that was to be out of contract at the end of the season.

Yes its a rebuilding process but I think both Brian and Steve will admit to making mistakes this season. Lets hope next season gets better sad.gif

Sorry to sound a little silly but what has Christian Roberts got to do with people going on at Steve L? I haven't read any posts to the contrary with regards to Roberts leaving city for Swindon. Infact most people thought it was a good deal for the player and the club. 50k was not bad for a player that was to be out of contract at the end of the season.

Yes its a rebuilding process but I think both Brian and Steve will admit to making mistakes this season. Lets hope next season gets better sad.gif

Sorry that was meant to be a joke, obviously not a very good 1 sad.gif

Just reading the Ask Steve L/Colin S forum I am somewhat shocked at some posts which have been as absurd to ask Steve to resign and also many questioning his loyalty! I think we can see by the £500,000+ worth of players on our pitch that he is loyal to the club, and not afraid to dip into his wallet, and also he takes time out to listen to the fans comments and reply to them aswell!! and also not too long ago he brought in a very good manager in the name of Danny Wilson, ok after 4 years maybe it was time for a change but I think if we look at the recent situations within the teams along the south coast (Pompy & S'hampton) I think we can see that chopping and changing does no1 any favours, and getting rid of Tinman without a full season in charge outside of a relegation battle is a little hasty. Whose to say that an experienced manager would get us into the playoffs, and if that was the case would we be saying sack the board then? or if Danny had us in the same position? I somewhat think reactions would be different. I think the seasons gone t1ts up and now Roberts has gone we're looking for a scape-goat and the bullets have gone in all directions. I just think that Steve Landsdown is not the man to blame for all of this and we could all be eating our words when next season Tinman does the buisness or we even sneak into the playoffs (Cardiff did it 2 seasons ago)  city.gif

Wake up and smell the coffee.........

Look all the clubs above us what do they have in common, No money but damn good management teams.

If Lansdowns money buys us more seasons like this under completely direction less management then it is time to go

(edited 4 spelling)

50k was 49k worth of profit for roberts. He was awful every week. Scored a couple of lucky goals here and there but the bloke didn't have a footballing brain cell in his body. Head down and sprint then fire either a cross or a shot over the bar.

Sorry that was meant to be a joke,  obviously not a very good 1 sad.gif

I understood what you meant. It is true, however, Roberts deserved most of it, he was knackered after 55 mins..

anyway, back to the important matter. I would like to see the next person who slates Steve L to go and be Chairman of this club, then we'll see if he/she coughs up a load of their money just because some fans say so.

Just reading the Ask Steve L/Colin S forum I am somewhat shocked at some posts which have been as absurd to ask Steve to resign and also many questioning his loyalty! I think we can see by the £500,000+ worth of players on our pitch that he is loyal to the club, and not afraid to dip into his wallet, and also he takes time out to listen to the fans comments and reply to them aswell!! and also not too long ago he brought in a very good manager in the name of Danny Wilson, ok after 4 years maybe it was time for a change but I think if we look at the recent situations within the teams along the south coast (Pompy & S'hampton) I think we can see that chopping and changing does no1 any favours, and getting rid of Tinman without a full season in charge outside of a relegation battle is a little hasty. Whose to say that an experienced manager would get us into the playoffs, and if that was the case would we be saying sack the board then? or if Danny had us in the same position? I somewhat think reactions would be different. I think the seasons gone t1ts up and now Roberts has gone we're looking for a scape-goat and the bullets have gone in all directions. I just think that Steve Landsdown is not the man to blame for all of this and we could all be eating our words when next season Tinman does the buisness or we even sneak into the playoffs (Cardiff did it 2 seasons ago)  city.gif

(edited 4 spelling)

Yeah he's done a fantastic job, hust remind me where were we when he took over? Where are we now? Who appointed this buffoon as manager?

Yep there's real progress for you

SL has done many positive things for our club and doesn't deserve the stick he is getting at the moment. Yes he has made mistakes (BT,badge etc) and with hindsight he probably wouldn't have made those decisions but we all make mistakes in life don't we (although you MUST learn from them), and where would we be without his investment in the club.

BCAGFC

SL has done many positive things for our club and doesn't deserve the stick he is getting at the moment. Yes he has made mistakes (BT,badge etc) and with hindsight he probably wouldn't have made those decisions but we all make mistakes in life don't we (although you MUST learn from them), and where would we be without his investment in the club.

BCAGFC

100% agree with u pal. As a business and as a progresive club we've taken big steps forward. Youth development's fantastic, we're bout to have the biggest conference facilities in Bristol. Executive boxes. Gig's in the summer to raise cash and profile. SL's done many many good things and i wouldn't want to see him leave. NO CHANCE... who's to say if tinman might get it right next season. Not exactly SL fault Mr Wilson bottled it every time we got close in 4 years in charge.

Archived