IGNORED

Glad I'm Not The Chairman!

Well, here we are nearly at the end of another disappointing BCFC season. The season will be remembered as a bit of a disaster, with the club losing players like Carey, Peacock and Brown and not replacing them. For the first few months of the season, the club was crying out for a big striker, a left winger and a strong defender, the three positions filled by the players lost over the summer!

Tinnion has made a good signing in Steve Brooker, who has more than filled Peacock's boots and looks like a leader of men, as well as a good player.

He's finally appeared to realise what a big loss Aaron Brown was, and tried to sign a natural left-sided wide player in Joe Keith. No matter how well Wilkshire has done, he's not a natural wide player. If we had a natural wide player we would have the balance from last season of Murray and Brown, giving us options on both sides.

The defensive side of things has been a shambles. Losing Hill to PNE was a result of our poor start to the season, and one of the biggest mistakes was to let Tony Butler go without a replacement being lined up. Craig Ireland looked like the man to do the job before Peterboro started to mess about, and we lost out on a good defender. Maybe Nelson could have been even better, but we'll never know.

So, Tinnion lost three key players at the end of last season, and has attempted to replace all three over the course of the season. He's been knocked back by clubs and by purse strings, which have, correctly, been tightened over the last few seasons. However, Tinnion has been trying to add to the team, and in the absence of new blood, has given youth an opportunity to shine. A very good manager's decision was to put Cotterill in at right-wing, as I believe his favoured position is as a striker. Given the way Wilson, and even Sven Goran Eriksonn are slated for playing players out of position, I believe this was a brave step by a rookie manager, and one that paid off, as people now call for Cotterill ahead of Murray! Who would have thought that at the start of the season?

Anyway, back to the subject of my post. The Chairman now has to make a big decision.

Does he stick by the man he appointed with the target of achieving promotion?

The season has been long, hard and ultimately fruitless, but has shown some signs of getting better. Should Tinnion be given the summer to see if he can get the left winger and strong centre-back we need, or should new management be brought in now to rebuild the team?

I honestly cannot answer this question. Tinnion has made good moves in signing Brooker, giving Lita a go and allowing Cotterill, Golbourne and Skuse to emerge.

There have also been big mistakes. The 4-3-3 formation, the signing of Dinning and the decision to let Butler leave.

Tinnion has doubtless learnt from this experience, but will he have learnt enough?

Should he have one more season, or should he be allowed to go?

Only Steve can make that chouce, and I'm glad it's not up to me!

All we can count on is that Steve will make the decision with the right intentions, as he is a great supporter of the club and hopefully will continue in his role as Chariman for many years to come.

Now is the time for a Chairman's decision.

Keep Tinnion and give him a fair crack of the whip next season. This means full support in the summer transfer market, and at least till Christmas to see the improvement.

Or,

Replace Tinnion at the end of the season with new management and see if they can do any better?

I feel the most likely outcome is a compromise option of a senior consultant, which I don't think will work: Evans and Houllier at Liverpool, Ward and Lenartsson at City anyone?

Only time can tell.

I now actually pray that we don't get to the play-offs. What an impact this sorry club would have on the championship! I feel that could be majorly embarrassing. The more losses now the better for me, as each loss would be another nail in Tins coffin.

I now actually pray that we don't get to the play-offs. What an impact this sorry club would have on the championship! I feel that could be majorly embarrassing. The more losses now the better for me, as each loss would be another nail in Tins coffin.

I'm not just going to have a pick on you here mate but i don't like it when people say they hope we don't reach the playoffs. I mean what the hell are we playing for then, why are people bothering going to the matches and then saying they hope we don't suceed.

I'm telling you now you lot would be over the moon if we sneak into the championship through a 6th place finish.

I would rather be majorly embarassed in the championship than stay in this division another season.

When in the championship you are just one league promotion away from the premiership - all you need is a lucky season and you're up there, take Watford for example, now you're telling me you don't want any of that???

If it comes down to the final day of the season, we need one more goal in the last ten minutes against sheff wed to get into the playoffs, are you and people who are thinking like you goin to sit their put your head in your lap and pray that we don't score, well if you do....

....i pitty you

rant over

I'm not just going to have a pick on you here mate but i don't like it when people say they hope we don't reach the playoffs. I mean what the hell are we playing for then, why are people bothering going to the matches and then saying they hope we don't suceed.

I'm telling you now you lot would be over the moon if we sneak into the championship through a 6th place finish.

I would rather be majorly embarassed in the championship than stay in this division another season.

When in the championship you are just one league promotion away from the premiership - all you need is a lucky season and you're up there, take Watford for example, now you're telling me you don't want any of that???

If it comes down to the final day of the season, we need one more goal in the last ten minutes against sheff wed to get into the playoffs, are you and people who are thinking like you goin to sit their put your head in your lap and pray that we don't score, well if you do....

....i pitty you

rant over

First and foremost, that is my opinion and quite frankly I don't give a monkeys if you don't like it.

Anyway, I support BCFC, I go to the games and I cheer them on. However, the man in charge at the moment will never make a successful manager - and you can quote me on that. If BCFC make the play-offs, then IMO it would be by luck than good judgement. Also, that would probably mean we would be stuck with BT for even longer. Sometimes it's good to look beyond the end of yer nose.

Archived