IGNORED

Brentford Highlight

Heathy33

Is it just me, or does anyone else get little perverse enjoyment when we are rubbish, that you don't get when we are doing well?

The banter from the crowd on saturday was priceless, especially as it got to the end and we all got even gloomier. There was a gang of blokes behind me whose comments and anticipation of Murray actually touching the ball after we came on were hysterical. In front was a woman who bawled abuse at Nelson and Allen through the whole game, straight into the face of a steward who was unfortunate enogh to be guarding the gate she was leaning on. He didn't flinch once, but you could see him wondering who he'd upset.

As i was there on my own, no one appreciated my witty comments but me, although i had the good fortune to be stood behind to Chavved to the max teenagers who spent the first half wishing the CSF would appear and 'Take the cocknies', 'shall we join in?' one asked the other! They then proceeded to blame all our troubles on Steve Philips!! Absolute comedy that you couldn't write.

I know it doesn't make up for our problems, but it helps.

I have to admit I do remember the 2nd half of the Walsall game being a pretty good laugh. wacko.gif

Have to say I also rather enjoyed the 'gallows humour' that night. Cold friday, carp football the humour around me in the ateyo was priceless at times.

Always is a lot funnier if you just realise you're carp and have a it of fun about it at the game. The time for complaint and recrimination is later - after paying good money to watch it you may as well find a way of enjoying it.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get little perverse enjoyment when we are rubbish, that you don't get when we are doing well?

The banter from the crowd on saturday was priceless, especially as it got to the end and we all got even gloomier. There was a gang of blokes behind me whose comments and anticipation of Murray actually touching the ball after we came on were hysterical. In front was a woman who bawled abuse at Nelson and Allen through the whole game, straight into the face of a steward who was unfortunate enogh to be guarding the gate she was leaning on. He didn't flinch once, but you could see him wondering who he'd upset.

As i was there on my own, no one appreciated my witty comments but me, although i had the good fortune to be stood behind to Chavved to the max teenagers who spent the first half wishing the CSF would appear and 'Take the cocknies', 'shall we join in?' one asked the other! They then proceeded to blame all our troubles on Steve Philips!! Absolute comedy that you couldn't write.

I know it doesn't make up for our problems, but it helps.

I thought the merciless barracking of Nelson by two or three blokes was horrendous, much too personal and much too close. It wasn't funny, it was plain nasty. Also didn't put him off an inch, his dead ball kicking couldn't have been more solid.

The atmosphere amongst the City fans was mostly resigned and depressed, with absolutely no hope that our team were going to give us anything to shout about.

Can't sat i enjoyed it one bit, near the end it looked like 2 groups of City fans could have come to blows such was the strength of their vocal disagreements on Tinnion, Phillips, City in general. I can't remember ever seeing fellow City fans split like that and these near warring factions amongst our most loyal supporters says everything about the state of the club at the moment.

Just as well the final whistle went to diffuse things and put us all out of our misery. sad.gif

Archived