IGNORED

Marathon

Southport Red

Well done mate, I'm building upto it, maybe next year, did the bath half a couple of weeks ago, doing the Torbay half in June & the Bristol again in October, 13 miles ain't to bad but 26 seems an awful long way

What time do you hope to do ? & whats your number ?

Guest DrFaustus
I'm running in my second London Marathon on Sunday.  Any other City fans taking part?

The prospect of running 26 miles makes my normally cast-iron stomach heave.

All the very best to you, I hope you achieve the time you're after. As for fundraising, I hope you exceed your target.

There, see. I can be 'nice' smile.gif

I'm running in my second London Marathon on Sunday.  Any other City fans taking part?

Fair play. Did it six years ago. Fantastic experience and a day I'll never forget. I take my hat off to you as I can only run about 5 miles currently following a series of injuries and turning into a fat bloater!

I feel envious because the good people of South and East London truly make you proud to be British!

Scooter Red

On the subject of running....How many of the BCFC running team have signed up for the Bristol Half Marathon? Hope it's more than GeoffA and myself, because he seems a bit fitter than me.

GeoffA/TomF is the website up and running yet?

I'm using the Frenchay 10k as a warm up, so if you want so shout abuse at a fat bloke running up Blackberry Hill the weekend after next, I'm the one with the black and red City beany hat on (No 48 I think)

Good luck Southport Red, I don't know how I'm going to manage half as far as that!!

Well done mate, I'm building upto it, maybe next year, did the bath half a couple of weeks ago, doing the Torbay half in June & the Bristol again in October, 13 miles ain't to  bad but 26 seems an awful long way

Hope to equal my last time of 4.5 hours (Relax Paula...maybe next year though) and I'm number 33,917, if you see me on the telly, dial 999 immediately, those extra few seconds might make all the difference when I get to intensive care

I ran the Shakespeare Marathon last April which sets off at 1pm and it was sweltering sweatingbullets.gif. I hit the wall at about mile 14 and there weren't too many people left at the finish line when I eventually flopped over it! It's a massive commitment preparing for 26 miles let alone doing it, and you have my respect for putting yourself through a repeat of it!

I wish you a cool rainy morning and good luck at beating last year's time.

If you PM me your bank details I'll sponsor you, I wish you all the very best and a cool day.

Re rhe BCFC runners site, been trying to get TomF (lazy so & so) to pull his finger out & get it up & running, looks like I'm going to have to do it myself !

Guest torquay red
Well done mate, I'm building upto it, maybe next year, did the bath half a couple of weeks ago, doing the Torbay half in June & the Bristol again in October, 13 miles ain't to  bad but 26 seems an awful long way

I am training for the Torbay half marathon in June,done it twice about ten years ago,but they have changed the route since then,its more daunting now because you have to double back on yourself.Good luck to everyone who is training for an event.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Being the fittest member of the subbers squad , and possibly the world, it wouldn't of been fair on the other runners if I'd taken part.

But to those that did, well done you're braver people than me!

Guest MaloneFM

Old Rog was there to cheer on the Radcliffe woman. She stopped and marked me with her scent. I think she owns me now. I keep getting followed by flies. Do they own me as well?

Me head hurts and I smell of wee. Well smell more then usual.

Guest DrFaustus
Me head hurts and I smell of wee. Well smell more then usual.

Too many Pimms in the Pilgrim Rog. A man of youe advanced years really should wear 'contingency' pants. crying.gif

Guest MaloneFM
Too many Pimms in the Pilgrim Rog. A man of youe advanced years really should wear 'contingency' pants. crying.gif

I am surprised you are aware of my habits regarding the Pilgrim doctor considering I left young Durden with Lorenzo to seek you out yesterday. I found the bar full of no necked rugby coves and not a medical man in sight.

And what is more I stayed until Man Utd went 2-0 up.

Your full dressing down is in the e mail. Take it like a man.

Good day to you sir!

Archived