IGNORED

Set Pieces

LocoPal

.. you have to wonder. Anywhere else corners and freekicks would be met with edge of seat anticipation, but not with this lot sleeping.gif . And defending them is even worse so you have to point the finger at the coaching (or lack of). Another corner that doesnt make it past the first defender - another high and wide effort that goes out of play - and another short corner squanders a good oportunity. Where are the tall attacking centre halves coming through the crowd to bury the ball in the net?

What is going on?

I'm not happy.

Where are the tall attacking centre halves coming through the crowd to bury the ball in the net.

That is where the problem lies, apart from Fortune, there is no height and he's not exactly commanding.

This is what everyone has been asking for, all season.

Surely Fortune could be that commanding centre-back we need.

With his ability, and his height, he could be the ball winning centre-half we need.

What surprises me is that with Millen and Taylor on the coaching staff, he hasn't managed to become that. I'm starting to wonder what they actually do!

The distribution at set-peices is awful too though.

Surely Fortune could be that commanding centre-back we need.

With his ability, and his height, he could be the ball winning centre-half we need.

What surprises me is that with Millen and Taylor on the coaching staff, he hasn't managed to become that. I'm starting to wonder what they actually do!

Didn't you see Millen give instructions to Harley today before he came on Dan? Strange but true biggrin.gif

OK, fair enough.

I still can't understand why Fortune isn't becoming what he could be, since I thought Millen and Taylor would be good mentors for him.

That's because Clayton doesn't have that nasty streak in him, doesn't want to have his nose smashed all over his face type thing.

Where as the likes of Shaun Taylor and Glenn "psycho" Humphries were never worried about these factors.

We are a very short team and this doesn't help our cause but the movement is terrible, the distribution is dire, and set pieces just looks amateurish!!

I would hope that we don't practise them cause if we do then I fear for us next season.

With a short team we need to have the movement, drawing out there big defenders and then putting in balls with curl and pace. Not a high loopy ball or a flat hard ball!

Archived