IGNORED

Mk Dons

dolman_bcfc

Repasted part of a previous post, in case it of help to anybody.

In terms of directions, I tend to go up the M4 to Swindon East, then cut accross to Oxford (can also stay on the M4 to Newbury then up). When get to M40, I go north for one junction, then off towards Brackley. At the signposted roundabout take the turning right for Buckingham/Milton Keynes. Four miles later, next roundabout, turn left towards Buckingham.

After 4 or five roundabouts in Buckingham, there is a left turning signposted Milton Keynes North. Take this (otherwise you end up in Blecthley which is slightly more complicated). Continue follwing signs for MK, until end up on A5. Take signs for MK Center off this. First right off the next roundabout, and you are there! Park on the Staples side (20p an hour I think. The wardens are strict!). Do not allow 30mins for getting through the city -it is literally 1 min from the A5.

There is a Burger King and MacDonalds next to the ground. If you cross the road from the ground and head up Midsummer Boulevard, there is a Weatherspoons within 5 minutes - next to a building with a clock on it.

Then hope it don't rain - the away end is totally open!

After 4 or five roundabouts in Buckingham, there is a left turning signposted Milton Keynes North.

I find that M4 to jcn 13, then North on A34 is quicker (timewise) than taking the A420 through Swinetown with it's 50mph and speed cameras everywhere (not that the M4's any better nowadays).

If you want specific road names:

M4 - A34 - A43 - A421, then in Buckingham follow A422 to MK (not A421), then right onto A5.. and follow the Exile's advice from there :-)

Repasted part of a previous post, in case it of help to anybody.

In terms of directions, I tend to go up the M4 to Swindon East, then cut accross to Oxford (can also stay on the M4 to Newbury then up). When get to M40, I go north for one junction, then off towards Brackley. At the signposted roundabout take the turning right for Buckingham/Milton Keynes. Four miles later, next roundabout, turn left towards Buckingham.

After 4 or five roundabouts in Buckingham, there is a left turning signposted Milton Keynes North. Take this (otherwise you end up in Blecthley which is slightly more complicated). Continue follwing signs for MK, until end up on A5. Take signs for MK Center off this. First right off the next roundabout, and you are there! Park on the Staples side (20p an hour I think. The wardens are strict!). Do not allow 30mins for getting through the city -it is literally 1 min from the A5.

There is a Burger King and MacDonalds next to the ground. If you cross the road from the ground and head up Midsummer Boulevard, there is a Weatherspoons within 5 minutes - next to a building with a clock on it.

Then hope it don't rain - the away end is totally open!

Cityexile: I'm thinking of coming up on me bike (motorised, 1 off, human for the use of!) whats parking like up there for em? and is there a lid park as well-if there aint, just have to come up in t'car and pollute the place-only gotta come from Aylesbury, whats the best time to pitch up for parking etc/

cheers.

I`m going can`t wait should be a good laugh. I predict 600 or so will make the trip. How much does the whole ground hold and what are their attendences like anybody know?

apparently holds just under 9000 and their average attendance this season has been 4750 - so generally about half full although they did reach the dizzy heights of 7620 for one game!

Archived