IGNORED

Best Guitarist

The Batman

Best overall guitarist  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is Carlos Santana, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, Kirk Hammett, Vernon Reid etc?

1 - you can only name a certain amount

2 - it was early in the morning after a night on the snakebite

3 - they were top of the head and didn't go onto any web site for any help on who to have.

if anyone you can arrange to name the best 15 guitarists while (I said a naughty word) and extremely tired as well as spelling their names right, whilst making sure that everyone has heard of them {who is Vernon Reid} then feel free.

Not having a dig but you could have said those names without phrasing it like you have done.....

UP THE CITY

KEEP THE FAITH.

ps Slash for me.

Vernon Reid = Living Colour.

Sorry didn,t mean offence with my phrasing(sp).

I agree its very hard to make a list with or without snakebite.

Thats why i never made one, so fair play for that.

I think its Hendrix or Satriani for me, or Iommi.

Too tough.

Looking back at it, i have missed some obvious ones, Van Halen and Joe Perry for example.

Ok new poll, who is the best guitarist that i have missed out.....

And Pete Townshend! You keep neglecting the fact you missed the bloomin guitarist of The Who, one of the most important bands ever.

They're not my favourite band in the world but you have to give them their due!

And Pete Townshend! You keep neglecting the fact you missed the bloomin guitarist of The Who, one of the most important bands ever.

They're not my favourite band in the world but you have to give them their due!

well, as you mentioned him earlier, i felt that i didn't need to repeat what you had already put on the forum

My top 3:

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Sir Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top (pre-eliminator)

Jim Suhler - one of the best guitarists out there - check him out if you like Blues/Rock.

On the more metal side of things I'd say Dimebag Darrell, Angus Young & Dave Murray of Maiden probably had most influence on my playing.

Respect for the likes of Noel Gallagher, James Hetfield, Edge, Slash & co for their achievements and music but they don't even belong in the same category as the legendary Jimmy Page or Dave Gilmour (who is quite possibly the best ever....)

Tough call!

Archived