IGNORED

Season Tickets

Reds

• Admin
Please don't tar all students with the same brush.  They are not all the same.

Imagine if you decided to go back to University or college as a mature student.  Perhaps you are married with two young children and a mortgage.  Your partner would then have to take up the slack for your financial liabilities.  Would you then feel happy about paying the same amount of money for a season ticket as a full time working man or woman?

If we use your logic then why shouldn't children and OAPs pay full whack for their STs?  They have no or very little income and don't pay any tax either, do they?

I wasn't suggesting students shouldn't get cheaper deals......the fact that they have to attend (some) lectures (depending on the nature of their course) dictates that in most cases their income will be less than mine. I was arguing that paying extra to have a decent view isn't a massively valid argument.

In my own situation I cannot justify paying the extra for a decent view so pay the £275 for an Atyeo seat rather than the £350 for a central Dolman seat. I don't then use the £350 Dolman top-price as the standard price for Adults in my arguments.

We will still sale 7,000 Season tickets!

People will take the plunge and renew for next season, especially when the first couple of football free saturdays make people realise they cant face not going to City on a saturday.

no we wont,people are getting wise to the fact that season after season we fail to deliver,next season is the first season for a while that i cant see any hope of us making a push for promotion,pick and choose games for me

Guest WillsbridgeRed
no we wont,people are getting wise to the fact that season after season we fail to deliver,next season is the first season for a while that i cant see any hope of us making a push for promotion,pick and choose games for me

Trust me once Tinns/Colin S/Steve L are on the back page of the evening post you will be hypnotised like every other year, believing we are about to win the league and have a great season.

Think of all the young academy kids in the shirt next season, doing Bristol proud.

Not just that, where else can you get such gourmet food at such low prices other than the kiosks at City - You won't be able to take advantage of this unless you're in the ground!

After seeing the prices myself I also doubt I'll be able to afford the Student season ticket!! A price rise of £125-£125 to £250 is pretty excessive to renew my season ticket to be honest bearing in mind that each game I have to travel to costs me £25 return by train from Plymuff to Bristol!! This season at home has been an absolute joke and the train fare each week to watch us draw 0-0 to Colchester, lose 4-1 to Sheffield Wednesday etc etc has hardly been worth it!

Then again I'll probably get sucked in like everyone else by the usual spin/pre-season optimism and fork out for an Atyeo ticket!! I know that if I don't renew then City will do really well, run away with the league and with the reduced capacity I'll struggle to get a ticket....! If I was in Bristol I'd definitely renew but 23games at a train cost of £25+£250=£825 which pretty much amounts to 15-20% of my student loan seems a big risk!!

No worries.

Good luck with giving up smoking.  I gave up 1 year and 1 week ago after 20 years of smoking 20 to 30 a day.  I don't miss it at all now and feel better than ever.

Keep it up!

Thanks smile.gif

I need all the luck i can get, the money i'll save will go towards my ST.

Its all good wink.gif

So are those the prices then?

The column saying Saving+ I assume means what will be added on if not renewed by the 27th May?

Nope (thankfully), it's just what you'd be saving buying an ST instead of buying 23 home tickets. That threw me for a second, too laugh.gif

• Admin
But these are not happening... and as for the Bristolian up North, the Evening Post haven't announced a Pre-Contract you can only assume a summer rumour therefore too late to announce ticket increases

Fair enough I guess but for those not in PR dealings it's always going to be a slap in the face.

I was countering your suggestion that there was NO good time to suggest such things by adding the caveat that there are "better/worse" times to announce it and adding an example or two. I wasn't suggesting that either of my examples were going to happen as, for a start, I don't run the club!

Not just you, but today is a bit like this for me banghead.gif

I was countering your suggestion that there was NO good time to suggest such things by adding the caveat that there are "better/worse" times to announce it and adding an example or two. I wasn't suggesting that either of my examples were going to happen as, for a start, I don't run the club!

Not just you, but today is a bit like this for me  banghead.gif

Okay then.

Stubborness will kill me.

shutup.gif

The issue of concessionary tickets is very emotive.

There is no doubt that a lot of genuine students will be affected by the price increases. However, there are also a lot of people who are in full time employment but who are attending colleges on a day release basis and who qualify for an NUS card.

Should these people be entitled to a discount particularly as a lot of employers, including mine, are paying not only for their courses and travel costs but in a lot of cases also any books or equipment they may need?

Ooops - pointed this elsewhere without spotting this thread...

My season ticket is going to cost me £350 next season (assuming I get in quick and take advantage of the early bird prices)

Now assuming I go to ALL the games, that works out at £15.20 per game.

But, I know I wont be able to get to all of them because I live around 100 miles from Ashton Gate. Every time I see a game is being played on a Tuesday, or is switched to a Friday night I know I'm going to struggle to get there.

So I usually end up missing 5 home games a season. That means that each game I see will cost me £19 this coming season ! (and heaven help me if I don't get them at the 'cheap' rate...)

I really want to keep my season ticket because I'm proud of supporting my club. But I'm starting to reach the stage where it just doesnt make financial sense.

And this excuse that they're putting up prices because the capacity is falling to 15k is pitiful. When was the last time we had 15k for a home game ?

And lets face it, with the current set up, we're more likely to see crowds of 9k next season.

So I usually end up missing 5 home games a season. That means that each game I see will cost me £19 this coming season ! (and heaven help me if I don't get them at the 'cheap' rate...)

Are the club not putting up the price of match day tickets then? Apologies if they have stated they are frozen, but I can't see how they can put most ST prices up and leave pay on the day prices the same?

Are the club not putting up the price of match day tickets then? Apologies if they have stated they are frozen, but I can't see how they can put most ST prices up and leave pay on the day prices the same?

No - I'm just saying that if I only get to see 18 games a season, then each game I see will effectively be costing me £19 (£350 divided by 18)

I'm sure that the regular ticket-prices will go up too.

But, prices are now reaching a level when I wonder if its worth being locked into a season-ticket which makes me pay over-the-odds for each match.

It probably makes more sense just to go to games as and when I can and be more picky about which ones I want to see. (and go to even fewer games as a result)

Sad, as I say, because I was always quite proud of my season ticket.

Ah right, I didn't want you to get caught out by assuming prices will stay the same. Yes it's getting to be an expensive hobby as it's not only the ST price but all the add on's too.

I'm considering 'picking and choosing' but it's just so convenient with a Season Ticket.

I still can't believe i'm even considering my option not to renew! sad.gifdunno.gif

I'm a bit confused, do the concession prices now only apply to just studends and OAP's, or can under 19's still get a season ticket for that price as well? I'm 18 but not a student and paid £120 for my season ticket in the Atyeo last year, am I now going to have to pay the full adult price of £275, even though I am still under-19?

I'm the last of four mates who still have a season ticket and have been going on my own now for a couple of years ( I do know all the people who sit around me though). Its a hard thing to admit but with the standard of football this season and not really expecting an improvement next season, i really can not see me renewing my season ticket.

I really wanted to be able to say to my three mates that i was right to carry on, when they all lost the faith but now I'm starting to see why they decided not to carry on buying season tickets.

I can see a lot of hard thinking ahead over the next couple of days.

Archived