IGNORED

Is The Design Really That Bad?

Ian M

• Admin

Something someone said on one of the threads got me thinking. Is the kit really that bad or is it just the insignia on the kit that don't complement it?

I have just experimented pretending Nike were making this kit instead of TFG and that we'd gone with Grandpa Osaka's badge (as I didn't have one of mine and edson's to hand at the time razz.gif ) and think the overall look does improve.....

Judge for yourselves:

user posted image

dunno.gif

Guest monster red
Something someone said on one of the threads got me thinking. Is the kit really that bad or is it just the insignia on the kit that don't complement it?

I have just experimented pretending Nike were making this kit instead of TFG and that we'd gone with Grandpa Osaka's badge (as I didn't have one of mine and edson's to hand at the time  razz.gif ) and think the overall look does improve.....

Judge for yourselves:

user posted image

dunno.gif

There's always one!

I couldnt care if was made by Nike,Adidas or Gola......Look at that collar man!! Ugly ugly ugly ranting.gif

Sorry mate the design is really that bad, wouldn't buy it if even if nike, adidas, etc were producing it.

Really don't think a have decent kit brand could come up with something so bad anyhow.

Be intersting to see if other clubs with TFG have same design for next season, think Burnley was one

You make an excellent point. The shirt there looks much better, and I think you could be right.

I wonder if you could do me a favour? Find the Manchester United shirt, super-impose our insignia on that, with the TFG, BTC logos as well as the new badge, and see what that looks like. Then possibly do the same to the Arsenal shirt.

Looking at it there, I don't think the colar is too dissimilar from the Nike kits now, which have proved to be very popular.

I would do the photoshopping myself, but I don't know how to do it! blushing.gif

Feel free to tell me to get lost too!

You make an excellent point. The shirt there looks much better, and I think you could be right.

I wonder if you could do me a favour? Find the Manchester United shirt, super-impose our insignia on that, with the TFG, BTC logos as well as the new badge, and see what that looks like. Then possibly do the same to the Arsenal shirt.

Looking at it there, I don't think the colar is too dissimilar from the Nike kits now, which have proved to be very popular.

I would do the photoshopping myself, but I don't know how to do it! blushing.gif

put lucy pinder in the new shirt,bet it would look good then,down boys

madger can u superimpose the new shirt on the lucy pinder picture,see how it looks then maybe a few people will change there minds,i would have a go but wouldnt know where to start

For me, I'm afraid its the collar. When I saw the kit for the first time, that was the first thing that I disliked instantly.

I have to feel comfortable in what I wear, and I wouldnt be in that, I would feel stupid. ( Looks like the neckline of an old ladies dress )

• Admin

Much too much effort....I have changed the collar that people were complaining about on this one:

user posted image

Guest RedwardsV1

I think the fantasy of having the missus where nothing but a city shirt is coming back to life for me....

shame you could'nt of been working for TFG madger....

Much too much effort....I have changed the collar that people were complaining about on this one:

user posted image

Great improvement, now if you could just do the same to the 1000`s already made doh.gifdunno.gif

Well for me i don't mind it that much, i'll be buying one and i'll wear it too becuase i'm City.

Is everyone having a bad day today, so much anger on the forum, can't be just the shirt, can it?

The neck is what does it for me, it just looks hmmmz i dunno.

I expect it will grow on me, it certainly grew on Dave Cotterill w00t.gif

EDIT:

Can we change the design, i mean can't we just say 'sorry we want a V neck' how hard can that be then?

I have just experimented pretending Nike were making this kit instead of TFG and that we'd gone with Grandpa Osaka's badge (as I didn't have one of mine and edson's to hand at the time  razz.gif ) and think the overall look does improve.....

Judge for yourselves:

user posted image

dunno.gif

Word has it that Rotherham have a four year deal with Nike starting from the season coming up (05/06)!!!! If they manage to get a deal then why couldn't we??????

...and back how it'd look made by TFG:

user posted image

Thanks Madger. Unlike others here I thought the kit looked acceptable apart from the collar and the badge (which looks even tackier now I've seen it in context). By removing both of these offending items you have shown that the kit is actually rather nice. Shame they had to go and ruin it.

Guest ashtonyate
Thanks Madger. Unlike others here I thought the kit looked acceptable apart from the collar and the badge (which looks even tackier now I've seen it in context). By removing both of these offending items you have shown that the kit is actually rather nice. Shame they had to go and ruin it.

That looks better I don't like the back I belive it has a space to showing the latest stock of btc is that true

• Admin
That looks better I don't like the back I belive it has a space to showing the latest stock of btc is that true

No, there will be a different sponsor on the back in line with every other FL club (see Leeds this season)

I believe this will be tomorrow's announcement.

• Admin
fair shout Madger, good kits, the Nike tick on the collar was a cheeky little number -  although your Avatar keeps messing up...

I love that goal!

Ahh, good times....

I get shivers down my spine every time I think of that goal and the atmosphere that greeted it. It felt like my heart was going to literally rip its way out of my chest......oh to get that feeling again crying.gif

I get shivers down my spine every time I think of that goal and the atmosphere that greeted it. It felt like my heart was going to literally rip its way out of my chest......oh to get that feeling again  crying.gif

I can't believe how bad that kit really is. The funny thing is, somebody at BCFC must have looked at the design as thought, yep that looks great, order us a few thousand! Who are these people hiding in the shadows?

Perhaps, however, its a cunning plan, as the opposition roll around laughing at 11 chavs lining up against them, we can knip through and be 3-0 up before they have time to stitch their sides back up!

On another thread altogether, that goal of Roberts was cracking, and I for one wish he was still at BCFC, because for all his poor play, from time to time he would produce a goal just when we needed it!

I don't think it looks too bad. Every year when a new design comes out, some people whinge about it. The fact is, you can't please everybody. Or as is the case with some people on here, you can't please anybody.

Mystic Dave predicts....

Once the new shirt comes out and people start wearing it, then it will be accepted.

The Club wil make money from selling it, which in our current financial situation has to be a good thing.

This time next year, there will be people on here whingeing about the new shirt and wondering why we can't go back to that really cool old one with the distinctive collar.

And so life goes on.

Archived