IGNORED

Amankwaah

beaverface

To me Amankwaah's strengths as a player was his speed at getting back to defend or his speed to beat a defender. Now that he's having part of his hamstring taken out and replaced into his knee, surely this is going to effect his speed?

Does anyone know about this kind of operation? After all, it's the hamstring which gives a player that explosive speed, that's why Michael Owen suffers so much.

What a shame, I really do hope to see him back in a red shirt skinning those defenders and putting pin point crosses in for Peacock to....miss!!

Best of luck Kev, we'll see you next year season, ready to skin the likes of Ian Harte !!

Whether we resign him will depend on firstly if we sort out our right sided problem with Roberts or Goodfellow, and secondly if we go up. If we go up I would have thought DW would rather buy a better winger/right back, especially if Kevin's been out for a while stepping straight up to 1st division standard would be quite hard.

It's good news that he'll possibly be back by July (official site), good luck to him on the road to recovery!

Archived