IGNORED

So..... Who's Next?

Tipps

At the rate this forum is going, every player that plays for City this season is going to wonder why the hell they bother :(

So far Roberts, Burnell, Doherty and now Miller have come in for huge amounts of stick for just trying to do their jobs.

Now I know some of this is warrented (Tommy's sending off at Wycombe) but in the main, it seems that people just want to find something wrong to please themselves up.

Why don't we try encouraging these players??

I know it's a strange idea but it may help these players think that they are wanted at the club :Confused13:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I'll agree some people go over the top, but Roberts, and Miller have done nothing this season.

The Burnell stuff was on the verge of liabelous

City fans have to have their whipping boy, but given the short term thinking of a lot of supporters, they don't really care who the whipping boy is, as long as they've got one.

Out of the current squad, Phillips, Carey, Hill, Coles, Peacock, Roberts, Matthews, Aaron Brown and Burnell have all had spells where the terrace boo boys have decided that they are #### footballers who deserve to get roundly booed and jeered every time they mis-hit a pass or make some other simple error. I sense that Butler and Wilkshire's turn might just be round the corner. People are even beginning to wonder if Emperor Tommy's new clothes are all they're cracked up to be.

If I was a City player enjoying a run of good form, I'd always be looking over my shoulder wondering when some so called fan was going to bury a metaphorical knife in my back.

There was even a time when Brian Tinion was almost driven out of this club by simple-minded detractors, who abused not only him but his family. Ironic really, considering his current God-like status.

No-one is above criticism if they're not pulling their weight, but the amount of vitriol directed at our own players makes me ashamed to be a City fan sometimes.

Guest HuddyRed

The whole point of this forum is that people can voice their opinion. So here's mine;

Burnell - Breaks up the attacking teams play well. This his is job, so well done Joe.

Tommy Doc - Wears his heart on his sleeve. Again, a defensive mid-fielder who does his job well.

Roberts - Makes mistakes (who doesnt) but is always an attacking threat that can turn defensive play into an attacking play in a second.

Miller - hasnt scored enough which is an issue, but works well with Peacock, and stops Peacock beind a lone target man.

Wilkshire - Has the ability as we saw first game of the season, just needs to be consistant.

Phillips - Good shot stopper, but doesnt fill me with confidence.

Tinnion - Legend.

Now i'm sure people disagree with some/all of my views, but thats my opinion and i'm intitled to it.

he 1 point i would like to make is that we are all intitled to our opinion, but there is no need booing/jeering players when they are on the pitch wearing the city shirt. I had someone behind me on Saturday requesting that DW sub every person who made a mistake. By the 30 minute mark almost the entire tam should have been subbed.

I don't want to sound like one of those positive thinkers, but lets get behind the boys instead of saying how much of a liability they are.

They get paid a lot of money to be 'bothered' and if someone isn't performing to their potential then I don't think we should be scared to say so. Don't forget, they have a stake in our success too (because their performances will affect the wages they command and their prospects for moving onto better things) so I can't see them saying to each other 'whats the point ?' if they get some stick. If they're not performing well they should be big enough to recognise that.

But judge players match by match. I don't think theres a player at this club who is simply rubbish and deserves to be hounded out. Its been pointed out before that they all have their strengths (and weaknesses) and its up to the manager to get the best out of them.

They get paid a lot of money to be 'bothered' and if someone isn't performing to their potential then I don't think we should be scared to say so.

If all you want to do is insult players who arent well maybe you should support rovers theres, 11 players there who you can insult all you like,every weekend :(

he 1 point i would like to make is that we are all intitled to our opinion, but there is no need booing/jeering players when they are on the pitch wearing the city shirt. I had someone behind me on Saturday requesting that DW sub every person who made a mistake. By the 30 minute mark almost the entire tam should have been subbed

:Costumed34: :Laugh4: :Laugh4: :Costumed34:

Its no secret I've been a big critic of Burnell this season, although I've reserved the criticism on this forum and not booing or jeering him on the pitch. I have to say though his performance - apart from a nervous opening 10-15 minutes - against Southampton was his best I've seen. What puzzles me is if he can perform like that against Premier League opposition, then why can't he do that against the tripe that have been down here this season?

I don't think he misplaced one pass in the entire game and even accurately contributed to some forward play, which frankly amazed me.

Perhaps it was the 3-5-2 formation which I think is City's best formation and should be adhered to. It allows Wilkshire and Tinnion to create and with the insurance of an effective destroyer alongside them makes the team tick over better. The team performance against southampton wasn't that bad, and 0-3 was a bit hard on them. All we need now is for Butler to sort his game out and DW to realise Peacock-Roberts up front is a no-no and we're getting there.

First of all the comments they get from this forum is not what everyone thinks there is only around about 20% of city's supporters who view this forum and only 10% that actually write anything. Have you ever thougth that perhaps they deserev some of the stick they get. I actually Like Miller, I can't stand Roberts, Burnell for me has improved in the last few games and the only thing I hate about tommy is he will be out for 4 games

Wesco....

Hate is a very strong word, for what reason would you have to hate one of your own players??

In the general,

I agree, everyone has the right to their own opinion but how do you think it makes the players feel to see them aired on a forum such as this and then them to be made out to be the scapegoat.

As Dave L pointed out, it was'nt so long ago that Tinns was getting all this rubbish and people decided to take it further, to the extreme that he very nearly left the club.

Is that what we want to turn the club into :Confused13:

I for one hope that it never even get's close to that stage.

Whats the problem with Robbo, he is better than most of the team cos he never stops trying!! Granted he has ######## finishing this season, but Tins excepted, not one player has played well all season, not one!!! :D

Shocking when the oldest player is still the best we have, and he was the one getting some time back.

Its all down to Danny innit, the team is not pulling together, yet, and thats what managers do innit??

:Confused13: :Confused13: :Confused13:

Come on Danny sort it out, for ##** sake!!It would be good to start tomorrow! :clap:

Come on you Reds!! :clap::):):):)

Archived