IGNORED

Remaining Games

Ian M

Whatever happens we won't go up, even if we get to playoffs, truth hurts, and it is the truth, new manager please....

it's your opinion of what the truth will be - it can't be a self-evident truth until it happens... however likely (or not) that it will be the truth at some time in the future

me, I'm stil one of the "while there's hope" happy clappy brigade city.gif

Well I guess it;s a case of having to wait and see. I just sincerely hope that for all of us we can beat Doncaster and go on from there. I don';t believe Doncaster really have anything to play for and it would be a shame to see 3 points wasted.

But Doncaster could also make playoffs!

• Admin
But Doncaster could also make playoffs!

Can they though?

Ok they can technically reach 70 points, but they'd then need the rest of us to pretty much lose EVERY game. With a couple of us then playing each other this then becomes impossible.

Can they though?

Ok they can technically reach 70 points, but they'd then need the rest of us to pretty much lose EVERY game. With a couple of us then playing each other this then becomes impossible.

Madger, get that posted off to the Doncaster manager and players. You know it makes sense for them to save themselves for next season. biggrin.gif

Good work on the original post but do you know the rules concerning goal difference/goals scored? Not that I'm interested... fingersx.gif

• Admin
Madger, get that posted off to the Doncaster manager and players.  You know it makes sense for them to save themselves for next season.  biggrin.gif

Good work on the original post but do you know the rules concerning goal difference/goals scored? Not that I'm interested... fingersx.gif

Teams level on points are separated first on Goal Difference, then on Goals Scored. Unsure after that but I believe results between the two sides and games won come into the equation before any separate play-offs or lots drawn come into the eqaution.

Guest BristolRed
Madger, get that posted off to the Doncaster manager and players.  You know it makes sense for them to save themselves for next season.  biggrin.gif

Decided over the flip of a coin?

Thats apparently what will happen if all EXACTLY the same, but never happens

WE go to Hillsboro on the same day that Bournemouth are at home to Hartlepool,

they stitch up a draw between them, and we'd be hard pushed to catch them, still, at least we could keep the Owl's out of the play-offs

4th Hartlepool 74 pts. ( beat Walsall/ draw at Bournemouth)

5th Bournemouth 73 pts (win at Bradford/ draw v Hartlepool)

6th Brentford 71 pts(lose v Luton/draw v wrexham/draw v Hull)

7th City 70 pts (beat Donny/ draw at Hillsboro)

8th Sheff Weds 70 pts (lose at Hull/ draw v City)

COME ON LADS, PROVE ME WRONG

Looking at some of the crazy results there've been this season, I'll go for a 3-0 loss at Donny and a 5-1 drubbing of Wednesday, when it doesn't really matter any more...  doh.gif

but if we lose to donny, we can still go up by beating sheff wed, however, that is a very very long shot. because we'll end up on 69pts, and depending on other results, its still possible.

Me and my mates were talking about the final games for us and the other teams around us, on the way home from MK on saturday, and if results go are way on saturday we could be sat 5th on goal difference!

Don't know if anyone has said this above because i couldn't be bothered to read them all!

Good God!!!!! Pinch me, we are in the play off race, how did that happen  dunno.gif , what is the odds that leroy's suspension will cost us.

Or on the other hand a golden opportunity for Heff to come in and score a hatrick in each of the next 2 games and go down in City history!!

I dunno....had this feeling before....my nerves have already started acting up ahead of saturdays game....it's the same every year...it's like we're being set up for another big fall sweatingbullets.gif

I think the best chance we have is Brentford slipping up.

After Luton w00t.gif

They have to go to Wrexham next Tues who, having just beat Port Vale away may need the points themselves;Come on the Welsh ohmy.gif then they just have Hull to overcome biggrin.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Guest thefirstknowle
WE go to Hillsboro on the same day that Bournemouth are at home to Hartlepool,

they stitch up a draw between them, and we'd be hard pushed to catch them, still, at least we could keep the Owl's out of the play-offs

4th Hartlepool 74 pts. ( beat Walsall/ draw at Bournemouth)

5th Bournemouth 73 pts  (win at Bradford/ draw v Hartlepool)

6th Brentford 71 pts(lose v Luton/draw v wrexham/draw v Hull)

7th City        70 pts (beat Donny/ draw at Hillsboro)

8th Sheff Weds  70 pts (lose at Hull/ draw v City)

COME ON LADS, PROVE ME WRONG

Bradford are the best Home team in the division. Bournemouth will lose badly on saturday.

• Admin
Bradford are the best Home team in the division. Bournemouth will lose badly on saturday.

No offence, but Bradford's record of 8 6 8 36 33 is actually worse than OUR home record so hardly the best in the division!

That said, I'm still expecting Bournemouth to get no better than a draw there.

Guest wishbone

What will be will be! city.gif

My Sheff. Wed ticket has been in my back pocket since last Saturday.

Whether we bomb or win tomorrow, fans ought to get their asses up to Sheffield & finish the season with a good sing * a cheer.

Hoorah!! city.gif

Archived