IGNORED

Next Weekends Fixtures

City_pete1

Hull V Sheff Wed

Bradford V Bournemouth

Hartlepool v Walsall

Luton v Brentford

Looks like the end of the season may actually be interesting for us after all. The above fixtures next weekend could help us. Just hope that Hull and Luton don't play as if their season over, now the championship sorted.

lets just hope we do our part of the bargain, first things first we have to go guns blazing for the win....... be so gutted if they all slipped up and we didnt win. still there for the takin boys! hopefully our goal difference can help out on the way! city.gif TINMANS cider army

How do u think the results will go next weekend and where will it leave us ?

I think it will be one of those days where anything could happen. Nothing would surprise me. If Luton & Hull play to their best we will be in with a great chance next weekend. Walsall are'nt a bad team either, could do us a favour.

I think next weekend will go well for us and will leave us with a final day decider at Sheff Weds - now I would'nt like to call that result!! In honesty Sheff Weds probably favourites, but if they are in bad form.......

Yeh it is definetly interesting at the moment - Bournemouth are really poor at home and all the play off hopefuls either drew or lost which was great - never give up believing. Sheff Wed vs Hull is a sort of derby so both sets of players will be up for it, especially after Hull lost 3-0 today!!

This is sickening. I have a horrible, horrible feeling about all this.

Extremely possible isn't it! Donny can be good though.

Reading this forum if you did make it would be interesting... the minority have kept faith.

Ah well.

Donny certainly wont be a pushover Rich. We will need to be mentally focused but you never know. The young uns will have no fear. I hope we take it to the last game. At least we can say we didn't try our best in the last 4 games if we go unbeaten, although it only patches up our indifferent season. Nice crowd for us next Saturday though can't wait city.gif

Donny certainly wont be a pushover Rich. We will need to be mentally focused but you never know. The young uns will have no fear. I hope we take it to the last game. At least we can say we didn't try our best in the last 4 games if we go unbeaten, although it only patches up our indifferent season. Nice crowd for us next Saturday though can't wait  city.gif

What an unconsistant season for all teams in the top half (except Luton and to a lesser extent Hull).

People think I'm a closet City fan but if you go up on the performances of this season I will sulk for many many months!

Ah well.

What an unconsistant season for all teams in the top half (except Luton and to a lesser extent Hull).

People think I'm a closet City fan but if you go up on the performances of this season I will sulk for many many months!

Ah well.

Does that mean we will see you next week in the east end then Rich?? wink.gif At least you can see it for your own eyes than being on the forum. biggrin.gif

Does that mean we will see you next week in the east end then Rich?? wink.gif At least you can see it for your own eyes than being on the forum. biggrin.gif

I've seen one too many City games in the last year robins.

I'd be half-tempted to take the girlfriend to Sheffield for the last day but Swindon are at home and I'm in Wilts so I'm there!

I've seen one too many City games in the last year robins.

I'd be half-tempted to take the girlfriend to Sheffield for the last day but Swindon are at home and I'm in Wilts so I'm there!

to watch a nothing game in Wiltshire than travel up north to watch the mighty Robins how can you not choose the latter wink.gif So the girlfriend has to suffer men tutt rolleyes.gif

Donny certainly wont be a pushover Rich. We will need to be mentally focused but you never know. The young uns will have no fear. I hope we take it to the last game. At least we can say we didn't try our best in the last 4 games if we go unbeaten, although it only patches up our indifferent season. Nice crowd for us next Saturday though can't wait  city.gif

I told you a good few months ago that we would sneak in on the last day and then go through the playoffs and get promoted.This would then make it very quite on here for the whole Summer. I also think with the increased time allowed in the championship that we might actually do quite well.Stranger things have happened, the forum then would be far too positive a place to be razz.gif

to watch a nothing game in Wiltshire than travel up north to watch the mighty Robins how can you not choose the latter  wink.gif So the girlfriend has to suffer men tutt rolleyes.gif

Got to say goodbye to Sam Parkin. He deserves an applause.

Swindon are away next week and I can't afford the transport so there's a chance on me being in bloomin Ashton Gate next week.

Probably not.

Got to say goodbye to Sam Parkin. He deserves an applause.

Swindon are away next week and I can't afford the transport so there's a chance on me being in bloomin Ashton Gate next week.

Probably not.

I will look out for you shouldn't be hard to find those three fingers wink.gif

I told you a good few months ago that we would sneak in on the last day and then go through the playoffs and get promoted.This would then make it very quite on here for the whole Summer. I also think with the increased time allowed in the championship that we might actually do quite well.Stranger things have happened, the forum then would be far too positive a place to be  razz.gif

First problem, pretender to the Norse Crown, is we could and perhaps should have lost about 8-2 today.

Secondly, our defence is a shambles. If someone, as seems likely, is to hit us for 6, a play-off Final is not the ideal time.

Thirdly our play-off record is the worst of all clubs, and if last seasons comparatively experienced team froze at the vital time what expectations should we have of this youthful bunch? If we get to the play-offs i would see us as the weakest team by far unless injury hit Sheff. Weds. are in them.

If by some miraculous quirks of fate our inconsistent and unpredictable team somehow actually get promoted, then i really fear a calamitous season in the Championship with regular hammerings which could set us back further than staying down.

Unfortunately, instead of getting excited at the unlikely prospect of us sneaking up, it would be better to stay down and build for a convincing title winning season next year, when we could approach the following season with some confidence.

At the moment we're simply not good enough. sad.gif

Your probably in the majority on here Nogbad but I predict if we did get in the play-offs much needed revenue could be made to build on for next season. This has to be the weakest league I have witnessed in my times of watching city all teams above us are losing (albeit Luton and Hull who are promoted anyway) so once and IF we get to our three cup finals this will be lottery season no 3 city.gif

Your probably in the majority on here Nogbad but I predict if we did get in the play-offs much needed revenue could be made to build on for next season. This has to be the weakest league I have witnessed in my times of watching city all teams above us are losing (albeit Luton and Hull who are promoted anyway) so once and IF we get to our three cup finals this will be lottery season no 3  city.gif

Do you think hoardes of jaded City fans are ready to be enthused about the play-offs robins72?

I'm not so sure, reckon it could be our smallest following by far to a Final should we get there.

After last years Final and the majority of performances this year, i don't reckon many would think City could do it.

Boost to the finances, yes, but didn't Stevel say we must do it automatically this season and leave the play-offs behind us?

Fans definitely felt the same and many will not be up for them this year.

As a matter of interest how many do you think we'd sell for a Final?

Do you think hoardes of jaded City fans are ready to be enthused about the play-offs robins72?

I'm not so sure, reckon it could be our smallest following by far to a Final should we get there.

After last years Final and the majority of performances this year, i don't reckon many would think City could do it.

Boost to the finances, yes, but didn't Stevel say we must do it automatically this season and leave the play-offs behind us?

Fans definitely felt the same and many will not be up for them this year.

As a matter of interest how many do you think we'd sell for a Final?

Knowing what people say on here one day to the next I'd say we would still have large crowds in the play offs. Regardless of how we get in the play offs and if that happens wouldn't we be the form team? I am not saying we deserve to get in but once your in there we both know that its a lottery for all. I still think we would take over 20k to the Mill if that ever happened. Maybe not as many fans as last season but who cares we would be there and I would be suprised if many on here wouldn't go. city.gif

Knowing what people say on here one day to the next I'd say we would still have large crowds in the play offs. Regardless of how we get in the play offs and if that happens wouldn't we be the form team? I am not saying we deserve to get in but once your in there we both know that its a lottery for all. I still think we would take over 20k to the Mill if that ever happened. Maybe not as many fans as last season but who cares we would be there and I would be suprised if many on here wouldn't go.  city.gif

I wasn't thinking quite that low, maybe 10,000 down on last year! dunno.gif

We may be the form team as regards results, but our displays are anything but convincing.

I went with my wife and 2 children last year and although me and Harry would no doubt go, my wife and daughter have already said they wouldn't. They were too upset last year. I certainly won't be queuing at 6.30 in the morning again.

I also know alot of families who have deliberately arranged to be on holiday at Final time, just in case, as they can't face the prospect of going through that again.

20-25k. would actually be embarrassing and would show just how little belief there is that City could put in a winning performance when it counts.

I wasn't thinking quite that low, maybe 10,000 down on last year! dunno.gif

We may be the form team as regards results, but our displays are anything but convincing.

I went with my wife and 2 children last year and although me and Harry would no doubt go, my wife and daughter have already said they wouldn't. They were too upset last year. I certainly won't be queuing at 6.30 in the morning again.

I also know alot of families who have deliberately arranged to be on holiday at Final time, just in case, as they can't face the prospect of going through that again.

20-25k. would actually be embarrassing and would show just how little belief there is that City could put in a winning performance when it counts.

I for one would go and support the club. I went to Luton this season and thats as bad as it got for me this season for performance but did i stay to the end? Yes. I also was proud of the people around me singing until the final whistle. I understand your disappointed with losing at Cardiff and our performances this season, but that is how the majority of us are feeling. However if we got to a final again I'm sure we would still take a strongf contingency of fans along to The Mill. Maybe it could be third time lucky for us city.gif

My realism, not negativity, is based on seeing all City's home games this season and some away, plus all the play-off games City have ever played going back to the 80's. How many games do you actually get to Cynic?

You seem to have little to offer the debate except to rant at people giving their honest opinions. There really is little style in what you write.

I say it would be better for City to go up next season as confident Title winners than to scrape up with a team which obviously isn't good enough to do well even with the few additions we could afford. Hard to see your problem with that.

Perhaps you could name a club with a worse record in the play-offs, i thought it was well known that City's is the worst, i.e having been in the most without ever winning them. If things have changed and that's no longer the case, then we must still be pretty darn close. Answering your own questions in a sarcastic and aggressive way, and the inappropriate use of the word 'pal' is irritating, as you must realise.

My reasoned, realistic view remains the same, shame your response was so highly agitated.

Yep - come on everyone - this is what it is all about!

The bottom line is - we are still in with a shout of promotion at the end of April so let's all get right up for it next weekend!

I remember the days under Terry Cooper when Donny Rovers at home was our annual 5-0 victory - we need a performance next week - go all out for it from minute 1 - on and off the pitch. The team needs us because it is extremely likely that Brentford and Sheff Wed will lose.

It's about time we sneaked into the promotion picture and get promoted without deserving it!

Teams have done it to us - let's do it to them!

snack.gifw00t.gifdoh.gifdance.gifcrying.gif

Yep - come on everyone - this is what it is all about!

The bottom line is - we are still in with a shout of promotion at the end of April so let's all get right up for it next weekend!

I remember the days under Terry Cooper when Donny Rovers at home was our annual 5-0 victory - we need a performance next week - go all out for it from minute 1 - on and off the pitch. The team needs us because it is extremely likely that Brentford and Sheff Wed will lose.

It's about time we sneaked into the promotion picture and get promoted without deserving it!

Teams have done it to us - let's do it to them!

snack.gif  w00t.gif  doh.gif  dance.gif  crying.gif

agreed.

Hull V Sheff Wed Hull win

Bradford V Bournemouth Bradford win

Hartlepool v Walsall Draw

Luton v Brentford Luton win

City v Doncaster City win

that means the league will look like this

Team played Pts

Hartlepool 45 71 4th

Bristol City 45 69 5th

Sheff Wed 45 69 6th

Bournemouth 45 69 7th

Brentford 44 69 8th

We'll be there because on our goal difference.

And when Peacock scores the own goal in the 90th min, we'll be loving it

Really can't believe we are still in with a chance of the play-off's; the amount of times this season I've given up all hope and then a few games later we're right back in it again is unbelievable!! As unlikely as it sounds I believe we're 5 wins away from the championship..doubt it'll happen but once again I'll be there against Doncaster and Hillsboro praying for the impossible!!

As for the playoff final I reckon if we were to get there we'd still sell our customary 30 000+! Bristol is crying out for a decent football team and higher level football..it's about time someone took their chance! Maybe just maybe it's our year to fluke it like Cardiff, Brighton etc etc?!?!

Cue a 0-0 draw with Doncaster!! banghead.gif

Archived