IGNORED

Dvd Website?

Dollymarie

Guest mnporter2001

yeah google is the best to get the codes

and if you want anything else for your dvd player nudge nudge wink wink then let me know email mark@ashtongate.com

city.gif

So you reckon if I go ahead and buy a region one dvd, (i need to buy it now as its for my boyfriends birthday this week) then when it comes if it doesnt play, I can do the unblocking then?

Thanks for your help so far, and mnporter2001 are we talking (cough cough) dvd's?

Dollymarie

Guest thatchermeup

Go to Richer Sounds like I did and buy a multi-region dvd player (New) for £35. It plays everything from all over the world and because its from a shop, your get your standard guarentee time.

Whiteladies road I believe

Is there a website where I can type in my model of DVD player and it will tell me whether it will play DVD's from other regions.

Or will they work in a PS2?

If anyone could post a link I would be very grateful.

Dollymarie

www.videohelp.com smile.gif

If it was me, I'd go for one of the Pacific players from ASDA - cracking players for what you pay for 'em smile.gif

Oh, and if you haven't already ordered the DVD, try here for the best price:

www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk

I went ahead and bought the dvd (its not been released in this country so thats why its region one, but if it doesnt work in my dvd player, then i will just buy a multi region one, as they are so cheap these days.

Thanks for everyones help

Dollymarie

• Admin
I went ahead and bought the dvd (its not been released in this country so thats why its region one, but if it doesnt work in my dvd player, then i will just buy a multi region one, as they are so cheap these days.

Thanks for everyones help

Dollymarie

Failing that, you could always find another mate who has a dvd-writer drive in their PC, run AnyDVD and a DVD-Backup programme and then visit a dvd coverart site to print an image for the backup dvd. The "backup" dvd will then play on ANY region DVD player and for considerably less than the prices quoted above biggrin.gif

.....and as you have bought the dvd anyway, ALL of the above is legal as long as it's for personal use. I certainly can't think of any other reasons people might do it whistling.gif

Failing that, you could always find another mate who has a dvd-writer drive in their PC, run AnyDVD and a DVD-Backup programme and then visit a dvd coverart site to print an image for the backup dvd. The "backup" dvd will then play on ANY region DVD player and for considerably less than the prices quoted above biggrin.gif

.....and as you have bought the dvd anyway, ALL of the above is legal as long as it's for personal use. I certainly can't think of any other reasons people might do it whistling.gif

Or just use CloneDVD, if you can find a copy of it smile.gif

Archived