IGNORED

Shirt Vote Is A Farce

cheshire_red

Guest hairyshamrock

You will always get such things happen in an open vote like this, but what you have to think is that until they send out ballot papers and we all have to go and vote, it's the best situation we can hope for!

You will always get such things happen in an open vote like this, but what you have to think is that until they send out ballot papers and we all have to go and vote, it's the best situation we can hope for!

Saw it on a busy QPR site as well.

I would rather they all have their fun voting for a shirt that is not gong to get picked whatever (in my view) rather than distort the 'real' vote.

This will only be a problem if at the end of the vote shirt 4 wins, and it is chosen. Is not going to happen. Only really feel sorry for any BCFC fans who did actually like 4 and wanted to vote for it!

Surely if the other fans are voting for shirt 4 to ridicule us that really shows how bad an idea it would be to introduce it?

I think we should be thankful we now have a vote and believe that common sence will pervail.

By the way, if the situation was reversed and the Gas had a shirt vote, do you really think we wouldn't be doing the same! whistling.gif

Guest Kustard

According to the website Kit 3 is a runaway leader, followed by Kit 2, then Kit 1 and luckily Kit 4 is coming last!!

Lets face it, there are more City fans than Rovers fans and only a few Gasheads are going to waste their time trying to jeopardise our shirt. Surely if the people counting votes have any sense they could spot a few gasheads email addresses (ie, mine has CTID in it) and discount the vote.

Plus a couple of seasons ago they did a similar vote for the away shirt, when the black away shirt won, which is by far the smartest away shirt I have seen City wear.

Don't worry folks, the best shirt will win cool.gif

Guest Slinky
Surely if the other fans are voting for shirt 4 to ridicule us that really shows how bad an idea it would be to introduce it?

I think we should be thankful we now have a vote and believe that common sence will pervail.

By the way, if the situation was reversed and the Gas had a shirt vote, do you really think we wouldn't be doing the same! whistling.gif

Or maybe the club realise shirt 4 is a non starter and are leaving it in the vote purely to draw the mischief-makers from other clubs to it so their votes can be disacarded en masse.

According to the website Kit 3 is a runaway leader, followed by Kit 2, then Kit 1 and luckily Kit 4 is coming last!!

Lets face it, there are more City fans than Rovers fans and only a few Gasheads are going to waste their time trying to jeopardise our shirt.  Surely if the people counting votes have any sense they could spot a few gasheads email addresses (ie, mine has CTID in it) and discount the vote.

Plus a couple of seasons ago they did a similar vote for the away shirt, when the black away shirt won, which is by far the smartest away shirt I have seen City wear.

Don't worry folks, the best shirt will win  cool.gif

according to the site kit 4 is in third, and kit one is last

Guest Whitchurch Red

I must admit my PC skills extend to switching my computer on and off.But isnt there a way of checking every IP address of everyone that votes? Thus having one vote per PC?

Or maybe the club realise shirt 4 is a non starter and are leaving it in the vote purely to draw the mischief-makers from other clubs to it so their votes can be disacarded en masse.

Precisely. I'm sure that's what the club has in mind. And if rival fans logging on to vote creates extra revenue for us via the website deal, then so much the better. razz.gif

All sorts are voting for kit 4 according to the link, it's on all sorts of message boards to vote for 4!!

Link: http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=534826251

Not a surprise given the muppets from QPRse, and Plymouthalmighty who infest those boards

Take it Jewell, Docpace and the other losers have joined in?

If several thousand fans of other clubs suddenly start visiting our website would this generate additional revenue from PTV?  Are we actually being a little bit clever for once?

Yep, I say let them do it because at the end of the day the joke is on them. The club are well aware that most of the votes for Shirt 4 are from rival fans and all those extra hits to our website are only generating more money for us.

Who looks stupid now? laugh.gif

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

i for one think we should praise the club for having the common sense to backtrack and put the kit(s) to the vote

don't get me wrong, kit four (the clubs original choice) sucks

at least we are getting a chance to vote, and not just moan

the club are (or at least should be) well aware that the extra votes for the fancy dress disater are coming from k#ob jockeys from other clubs. Lets welcome their stupidity in the form of the extra revenue from the website hits and laugh at their backwards thinking !!

i agree, if kit 4 wins then it will be dodgy based on the fans reactions.

i prefer kit two, and have voted, but am happy to go with the flow on any of the other three options. At least none of them have the winner from the junior reds new badge colouring contest on them !

englandsmile4wf.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifenglandsmile4wf.gif

Archived