IGNORED

Good Luck Leroy

grifty

I for one will be sitting at school tomorrow thinking and praying that leroy gets away with his ban

but if he does get landed with a ban i want to say good luck to heffs and i think he could do with a run in the first team

fingersx.gif good luck lads fingersx.gif

I for one will be sitting at school tomorrow thinking and praying that leroy gets away with his ban

but if he does get landed with a ban i want to say good luck to heffs and i think he could do with a run in the first team

Personally I think we'll be very lucky indeed if the ban is rescinded. Not that it's worth a go, but the bottom line is that he himself admits he did the crime, so he's got to do the time unfortunately. He's only got himself to blame.

That said, fingers crossed that he does get lucky - and if not, well Heff is the perfect replacement. He too is in the sort of form to score goals and has every incentive to do so.

I really can't wait for the Doncaster game. I'm drooling at the thought, even though it'll probably be tense if we don't get an early goal. People seem to assume it's a foregone conclusion but Doncaster are a handy side and the pressure will only make it feel harder for our players - just like those teams last week who lost against teams they would normally wipe the floor with.

That said, we've got an unexpected second bite at the cherry, and I for one think Tins and the lads can get the job done. It's up to us to help them and keep them going rather than adding to the tension if we don't get things all our own way from the start.

If Leroy does get his ban then lets just get on with the rest of the season and get behind the team on saturday against doncaster and then against sheffield wednesday (those who are going) to help give the team confidence even if Leroy isnt playing doesnt mean we cant beat Doncaster and Sheffield Wednesday, were not a one man team, weve got other strikers but the games against Doncaster and Sheffield Wednesday will probably be easier if Leroy was on the pitch smile.gif

Good Luck Leroy

city.gif

Guest DAMIEN-LITA

Personally I think we'll be very lucky indeed if the ban is rescinded. Not that it's worth a go, but the bottom line is that he himself admits he did the crime, so he's got to do the time unfortunately. He's only got himself to blame.

I think you missing the point really, Leroy only made a comment to the ref about a crap decision that he had made, A 2 game ban was a pretty harsh thing to happen for something that most footballers do week in week out.

He was not violent or anything as bad as that and now both BT and Leroy have got to go to London for the appeal instead of trainig for a vital game this weekend !!!!

A heavier fine should have been put on Leroy if they really think it was that bad. Leroy is a Model Pro footballer and his behaviour this season has been excellent !!!

Obviously I hope that Leroy at least comes away with only a one match ban if any... BUT his behaviour was stupid. The game was over (I believe) so he should've just kept his mouth shut.

It doesnt matter what other players do and if he is travelling to London with that as a defence I think we can await an extention to the ban!

As for his behaviour this season being excellent well, that is a better argument because the board on the appeals panel won't be aware of the diving.

Lita has potential but he cannot be doing things like this at such a crucial stage of the season. A little apology from him might be nice as for me he has let himself and the rest of the lads down which is a shame after a cracking season!

You concentrate on your schoolwork son. Don't you worry about football when you arr supposed to be learning at school.

Obviously I hope that Leroy at least comes away with only a one match ban if any...  BUT his behaviour was stupid.  The game was over (I believe) so he should've just kept his mouth shut.

It doesnt matter what other players do and if he is travelling to London with that as a defence I think we can await an extention to the ban!

As for his behaviour this season being excellent well, that is a better argument because the board on the appeals panel won't be aware of the diving.

Lita has potential but he cannot be doing things like this at such a crucial stage of the season.  A little apology from him might be nice as for me he has let himself and the rest of the lads down which is a shame after a cracking season!

I agree completely, Leroy made his comments after the FA had announced they would be cracking down on foul and abusive language aimed at match officials. Quite rightly in my view. I am not suggesting Leroy should be made a scapegoat but I do think the club need to take a responsible attitude to this issue. By appealing against his ban, saying what he said was no worse than what others have said is appalling - are we therefore condoning players being abusive towards match officials, is it something we really want to see at AG?

Doesn't matter what others do, that is no defence. City should be taking a more responsible attitude to the issue - whatever happened to Tins saying earlier in the season that dissent was inexcusable and the club would be cracking down on unecessary bookings?????

The issue is bigger than just Leroy, and we are not a one man team. Look at the number of amateur sides and leagues that can't play because there are a lack of officials available. The amateur game is suffering because no one wants to be a ref, and who can blame them.

Leroy is a Model Pro footballer and his behaviour this season has been excellent !!!

Sorry but no! How can he be a "model pro" unless we accept that abuse towards match officials is fine? It's not and what he did was daft and could have cost him a couple of games. If it had been another player would we be so protective?

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Obviously I hope that Leroy at least comes away with only a one match ban if any...  BUT his behaviour was stupid.  The game was over (I believe) so he should've just kept his mouth shut.

Lita has potential but he cannot be doing things like this at such a crucial stage of the season.  A little apology from him might be nice as for me he has let himself and the rest of the lads down which is a shame after a cracking season!

Well some people need to get there facts RIGHT, Including you Bobby !!

His Comment were during the game and i cant belive that none of you on this forum swear !!! Leroy got tackled from behind and felt that there should of been a free kick awarded on the edge of the area !!! He only said something like.... "Excuse me ref, I felt that, that was quite a harsh tackle and should i not recieve a free kick after all, Where there is blame, There is a claim" !

Well some people need to get there facts RIGHT, Including you Bobby !!

His Comment were during the game and i cant belive that none of you on this forum swear !!!  Leroy got tackled from behind and felt that there should of been a free kick awarded on the edge of the area !!! He only said something like.... "Excuse me ref, I felt that, that was quite a harsh tackle and should i not recieve a free kick after all, Where there is blame, There is a claim" !

I never suggested his comments were not during the game I was merely pointing out that foul and abusive language towards match officials is not right and should not be condoned (oh and that the FA are cracking down on it)! So please explain your comment directed at me! Equally if he had said what you outline then I am sure there would not be a problem, I guess the embellishment with the odd swearword was what captured the refs attention?

Archived