IGNORED

16-18 Year Old St Holders?

Red Cloud

I will be renewing but will have to pay adult price as I'm not a student. I'm 18 but there is no under-19 price this year. I sit in the Atyeo though so it's not too expensive, if I sat in the middle of the Dolman I would probably have to think twice about it.

I will be renewing but will have to pay adult price as I'm not a student. I'm 18 but there is no under-19 price this year. I sit in the Atyeo though so it's not too expensive, if I sat in the middle of the Dolman I would probably have to think twice about it.

Or move to the Atyeo I suspect...?

First of all, the £120 rise in ticket prices for students in the "Lower Dolman Stand" is a massive rise. Last year, at the early bird prices, it cost me just £100 to buy a season ticket.

But anyway, next year, I will be moving to Reading to go to university, and so I will not be able to attend every home game. I was planning on buying a season ticket, because at this years prices, I would only have to go to 10 games (which I probably could manage) to get my moneys worth. I'd like to know what the student match day prices will be for next season (assuming there are student match day prices next season), so I can work out whether it makes sense for me to buy a season ticket, or whether to just pick and choose which games I want to go to next year.

I posted that on the Steve L forum a while back. Its obviously not going to get a reply, but that pretty much sums up my position. So basically, would have been a yes, but now because of the ridiculous price rise, I'm undecided (like many other people on here, and virtually everyone I know who is a season ticket holder and is my age).

bringbacktherobin & Cider Red Sam, my son is in the same position, if I don't cough up the massive increase we won't be renewing!

On saying that we could move in to the Ateyo, sit in a seat with a worse view & ONLY have a 23% rise overall - if ever there was a poorly thought out business decision!

It make's me so mad that the club we've supported can just dump on us so easily! ranting.gif

I don't want to sit in the atyeo stand though, i am quite happy sitting where i am.

Still £275 to sit in the atyeo is a lot of money for a 16 year old who has just left or is leaving school.

Loyal Support doesnt get you anywhere, maybe they just don't want our money.

I doubt i will be getting a reply from anyone from the post i posted on the ASK Steve forum.

they are very reluctant to answer this one as I found out - you tend to get "if you're a full time student i'ts only £160 in the Atyeo" - well we're not & we don't want to sit there!

I suppose inline with the election, avoiding answering direct questions is order of the day!

"Without fans there is no club" spot on mate, would love to know (but we'd never be told) how many of this age group fail to renew next season!

Regardless of what div we're in next season, here's ANOTHER 2 ST who are very unlikely to renew - but in the board's eyes "what's 2 st holders when we've got thousands!"

Archived