IGNORED

First Choice Striker

freezer

Well folks the long and winding road continues,and as the season draws towards another exciting climax i was wondering,who do you think is the no:1 striker at Ashton.

A tricky one i know to anwser especially if you include last seasons players.

So who would be your automatic choice up front.

Peacock

Miller

Matthews

Roberts

Rougier

Lita

Heffernan

Brooker

Gillespie

Cotterill

I reckon Mr Tinnion got it spot on when giving Lita the nod,and has proved 100% right.Also 100% right to get rid of the Roberts crusader.

Wos reckon. razz.gif .

Lita/Coterill i think if coterill is given the chance up front he could score goals and become a playr for the future. But at the minute i think Lita is the most ON FORM striker in the division just hope he gets a chance to do it in the play-offs.

Guest BeNeRz

well u gotta give lita the nod after an minted season!

Even though roberts was abit lazy i quite liked him, he always got the goals when they counted and wud chase down up front, we needed someone who could really take people on, but brooker doesnt do that! heff is more a gary linker style player bangs in the goals and plays some good passes and havent really seen alot of SG

and dave plays well on right so id go with lita n roberts if he was still here n dint fucc off 2 swindon smile.gif

Well folks the long and winding road continues,and as the season draws towards another exciting climax i was wondering,who do you think is the no:1 striker at Ashton.

A tricky one i know to anwser especially if you include last seasons players.

So who would be your automatic choice up front.

Peacock

Miller

Matthews

Roberts

Rougier

Lita

Heffernan

Brooker

Gillespie

Cotterill

I reckon Mr Tinnion got it spot on when giving Lita the nod,and has proved 100% right.Also 100% right to get rid of the Roberts crusader.

Wos reckon. razz.gif .

Here i am, freezer devil.gif

Reckon you're still strangely obsessed with a player you hated, still find that odd seeing that he was an inspirational player who got vital goals for City when the rest of the team were floundering. Hasn't it been an exciting season since he went though. sleeping.gif

Never mind, you've been very quiet on here since he was successfully hounded out, mission accomplished - obviously crucifying the Crusader, as you call him, was your main attraction to this forum. dunno.gif

For the record Neo's got it about right, though Brooker's got alot to prove to me yet.

Excitement and skill just about win over his undeniable wholehearted battling qualities for me, but whilst doing nothing special he's done o.k.

Roberts's sublime free kick at Yeovil must rate highly in City's top 3 goals of the season, don't you reckon freezer? razz.gif Of course, we haven't missed that level of skill or entertainment at all during this scintillatingly memorable campaign have we? doh.gif

Here i am, freezer  devil.gif

Reckon you're still strangely obsessed with a player you hated, still find that odd seeing that he was an inspirational player who got vital goals for City when the rest of the team were floundering. Hasn't it been an exciting season since he went though. sleeping.gif

Never mind, you've been very quiet on here since he was successfully hounded out, mission accomplished - obviously crucifying the Crusader, as you call him, was your main attraction to this forum. dunno.gif     

For the record Neo's got it about right, though Brooker's got alot to prove to me yet.

I'm with the freeze.  Roberts was crap and had no vision.  Could't look above the grass line to find a player and was very selfish in frontt of goal.  Hound him out!  To rightg I did.  He kept rosenior out he side as well as lita some of the time.  Bloody nusance and I owe city for gettin rid.  I know i'll get a slating but i couldn't stand him.  Lita and Brooker for me.  How can any1 argu with their goal return.  A few more goals from the rest of the team and we'd be sitting pretty!

Excitement and skill just about win over his undeniable wholehearted battling qualities for me, but whilst doing nothing special he's done o.k.

Roberts's sublime free kick at Yeovil must rate highly in City's top 3 goals of the season, don't you reckon freezer? razz.gif Of course, we haven't missed that level of skill or entertainment at all during this scintillatingly memorable campaign have we? doh.gif

Here i am, freezer  devil.gif

Hello Noggy you Roberts lover. razz.gif

I'll reply once to you and only once on this again as I've got better things to do with my time today and it really ain't that important to me.

I'm not obsessed with Roberts-like you-never hated him or hounded him out,just thought he was rubbish and said so.

Granted,sometimes he could play well,sometimes is not good enough.

The season i think is at it's most exciting stage now,wouldn't you agree,all without Roberts who is not half the player Lita is or was.

Robbo,the poor victimised Robbo would never score 30 goals in a season,ever.

I've always said Lita was a much better player and he's proved it and still Roberts lovers can't acknowledge or accept the fact-yourself a prime example.

A lot of people have knocked Lita throughout the season and reserved judgement on him until the end of it,how did he do.

I've been quiet on here cause i choose to post when i want to,how i want to,and who to.

How has Roberts first devastating season gone at Swindle,how many goals?. wink.gif

So Roberts,"inspiratioal,vital goals,in a floundering team,hounded out,mission accomplished"-(i did all that by myself,wow),"crusades"(lost),"excitement,skill,undeniable wholehearted battling qualities,sublime," blimey grab a kleenex mate,you've still got it bad.

Now what was happening tomorrow chant6ez.gif .

ps I can proudly claim to be the one who got Roberts removed from the City shop window,the reason,simply because he in no longer a City player-end of.

Well if youre going on how the partnership works and how many goals they have scored it simply HAS to be lita and Brooker. Although lita may have worked well with peacock , miller or maybe even mathews. Brooker has got his fair share of goals this year. Its not really fair to say about heff , gilly or coteril who i all think have big futures in the game , wether at city or not i don't know but they all undoubtedly have talent.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Lita/Coterill i think if coterill is given the chance up front he could score goals and become a playr for the future. But at the minute i think Lita is the most ON FORM striker in the division just hope he gets a chance to do it in the play-offs.

I agree !!

Archived