IGNORED

Heffernan

EmersonsKev

So a player has 2 blocked on the line, 2 more heroicly blocked. But he is disinterested? Thought he did well he is never going to be the player you all thick he will be, he is not a lita, a brooker, or a gillespie, he is more of a thorpe, a finisher who rarely, as seen today misses the target, but often goes 10-20 minutes without being seen. Also felt foster did well on him, especially for a gas head(sorry i forgot no swearing on the forum!?)

May be a bit harsh but was very upset in the attitude of Mr Heffernan today. A fair few times he was caught just ball watching.  It might be that Leroy runs after everything has left me wanting to much from other strikers.

I agree, he looked out of his depth sometimes and left Brooker to win and hold up the ball on his own, which he did very well indeed.

Heff's is short on games and it showed, Gilly looked the part when he came on.

all the young lads did excellent today, was a joy to watch city.gif

I sort of agree sometimes Heff would stand there dissapointed that he missed or it did not fall for him when he should be chasing down the ball, a lot of players do that but it reall annoys me, still Heff to start against Shef Weds, I wouldn't question his desire for playing and i agree with Evocare that he is short on games. I feel it will be the same next season as if lita goes we will obviosly bring in another striker with the money.

I sort of agree sometimes Heff would stand there dissapointed that he missed or it did not fall for him when he should be chasing down the ball, a lot of players do that but it reall annoys me, still Heff to start against Shef Weds, I wouldn't question his desire for playing and i agree with Evocare that he is short on games.  I feel it will be the same next season as if lita goes we will obviosly bring in another striker with the money.

We will obviously get some defenders, I hope!

Guest hairyshamrock

I just feel Heffernan is a great player if you can pass the ball up to the box quickly, and reminds me a lot of Lineker in his prime - just peeling off the last defender to make something of a decent cross, but the problem is that defenders have adapted to that type of player, and have done even at this level for the last 10 years.

He was lucky to score as many goals as that last season but i feel he doesn't suit our style of play and Tinnion bought him purely on reputation.

Archived