IGNORED

Young Stars

Pickle Rick

This season may not be what many predicted, what with the usual high expectations. But we have a lot of positives from this year, regardless of whether we make play-offs and get promoted.

Positives are in the way of great youth, with the likes of:

Cotterill

Skuse

Golbourne

Brown

Anyinsah

Harley

When we see these players impress with both maturity and hunger, who do you think may solve 'gaps' in our squad for next year?

Watching Anyinsah in pre-season and today, he has shown he has the ability and pace to go past defenders. He could be our answer to a left/right winger. Along with Cotterill, he could be playing regular football for us next year on the right wing or the hold.

Skuse plays as if he is a 25 year old with his composure and tackling ability.

Plus we have Brown, Golbourne (our answer for a left back?!?) and Harley coming through. These players, with regular first team football will win us matches without a doubt, surely!

Do you think we will bring in a midfielder at the least, although we seem to have a answer in our youth players.

For next year, I think we need a commanding centre back and perhaps a striker if Lita leaves, thats all!

Then hopefully we can do what the likes of Luton and Wigan have done and work hard enough so that we can walk all over the arguablly poor competition in our League.

city.gif

This season may not be what many predicted, what with the usual high expectations. But we have a lot of positives from this year, regardless of whether we make play-offs and get promoted.

Positives are in the way of great youth, with the likes of:

Cotterill

Skuse

Golbourne

Brown

Anyinsah

Harley

When we see these players impress with both maturity and hunger, who do you think may solve 'gaps' in our squad for next year?

Watching Anyinsah in pre-season and today, he has shown he has the ability and pace to go past defenders. He could be our answer to a left/right winger. Along with Cotterill, he could be playing regular football for us next year on the right wing or the hold.

Skuse plays as if he is a 25 year old with his composure and tackling ability.

Plus we have Brown, Golbourne (our answer for a left back?!?) and Harley coming through. These players, with regular first team football will win us matches without a doubt, surely!

Do you think we will bring in a midfielder at the least, although we seem to have a answer in our youth players.

For next year, I think we need a commanding centre back and perhaps a striker if Lita leaves, thats all!

Then hopefully we can do what the likes of Luton and Wigan have done and work hard enough so that we can walk all over the arguablly poor competition in our League.

city.gif

Yep,no doubt we have some excellent young lads pushing for a 1st team place.

I still think that we can't rely on them to hold it together over a whole season.

A lot will depend on what experience BT brings in.

Personally don't believe we can rely on them as much as some fans think.

Guest hairyshamrock
Cotterill

Skuse

Golbourne

Brown

Anyinsah

Harley

city.gif

i think we can safely look at some of these players and say we have ready made replacements for some of the senior players who look to be past it... ie

Cotterill = Murray (maybe a replacement for Lita Up front if he leaves...?)

Skuse = Doherty - if he can't get himself fit then ship him out

Golbourne = Bell - my feelings on him are clear on here for all to see

Brown = Take your pick of our aging midfielders - Dinning maybe!?

Anyinsah = Murray again - if Cotterill gets employed upfront...

Harley = no idea as he's only really been on in cameo roles.

Would like to see actual first team use of Simpson next season, we seem to have this habit of not giving players a chance (ie Loxton or Woodman) or is it just the latest management team?! We spend a lot of money on these youngsters and then don't use them but just watch them rot - why not let them go early if you have no intention of developing them further?!

Harley = no idea as he's only really been on in cameo roles. 

Harley is typically a right back. But i don't see him with many qualities in that position. But from what I have seen, he looks a good prospect in the centre midfield role.

Good passing attributes.

Looks very comfortable on the back.

Can win the ball.

Also a good long range shooter.

I think we will see a lot more of him next season.

Guest marcclifton

the younger lads who played today looked much better than the last lot, Danny coles, Matt hill, Mavin Brown, etc, There the best kids i have seen at this club in years. Skillfull and full of passion. We need to play these lads week in, week out. Ship out the lazy tom doc types. How much better did cole skuse look? I thought he was everything that tom is not. A good player, fit, full of passion, never stoped trying. i will stay the same about the rest of the lads. The future is bright, the future was today.

Archived