IGNORED

Short Corners

why must city keep playing short corners every match,with the likes of brooker,coles,carey in the box all we need is a half decent ball into the box,

nearly every corner yesterday was short and ended up nowhere,why not just get it into the box.

also why is goldbourne taking our set pieces his delivery yesterday was poor,why not wilkshire,doherty.

why must city keep playing short corners every match,with the likes of brooker,coles,carey in the box all we need is a half decent ball into the box,

nearly every corner yesterday was short and ended up nowhere,why not just get it into the box.

also why is goldbourne taking our set pieces his delivery yesterday was poor,why not wilkshire,doherty.

There's the rub - 'a half decent ball into the box' - it may be all we need, but maybe no-one can deliver. w00t.gif

I think they're a good idea - historically we haven't been great at scoring from corners, take a short one and you pull a defender out of position and vary the angle of the ball in ? Especially uesfull if you have relatively short strikers - even brooker whos our tallest is under 6ft ? Agree that if we had better delivery then we wouldn't need to use them so much, in fact yesterday was the first time I can remember us scoring direct from a corner all season.

i believe wilkshire scored a couple of goals from short corners earlier in the season

huddersfield last minute equaliser if i remember rightly (which i do)

we also had a number of shots from them and when attacking up the east end it actually looks like we score many times - although the ball comes flying the other way - damn perception banghead.gif

Not only short corners, but do we ever practice set pieces?

Other teams must be quite happy to conceed free kicks in and around their box because they know we won't do anything with them!

We have no invention and, apart from Bell (who should be on his way), nobody who can strike the ball with any accuracy or power.

Guest hairyshamrock
We have no invention and, apart from Bell (who should be on his way), nobody who can strike the ball with any accuracy or power.

So true. Its players like Mickey Bell that would be suited if the game changed to being like hockey or American "Football" where you bring on certain players in different situations cos the bloke can't defend - i lose track of how many times he has contributed to us conceding this season (Chesterfield - great lay off to the edge of the box, Doncaster - didn't track back and left Fortune 3 on 1 to name but 2 off the top of my head)

I really do hope he goes this summer. I remember when he had something to offer the team, now its like looking at what was once your sprightly puppy now old and riddled with arthritis.

Can we not take him to one of those "farms" like my cousins dog went to when he was old...?

Archived