IGNORED

don't You Just Wish...?

Keepers Ball

Guest we8thegas

perhaps if a group of singers started a song and others followed their lead we could get a better atmosphere chant6ez.gif

Gotta admit there is something special about being in The Kop...especially during the bigger games....I will never forget being there for the 4-3 win against Newcastle back in the late 90's.

That's why I don't understand why some of our players continuously under perform when every year we have a very good chance of making promotion...

perhaps if a group of singers started a song and others followed their lead we could get a better atmosphere chant6ez.gif

Like we do every home game ?

You've got no chance.

The trouble with the people of Bristolians is most are "Apathetic".

You only have to go down the "Gate" on a saturday to witness it.They pay their money......and just sit there.No passion.No emotion.These people are well suited to rugby union.

Take last saturday.For a change most of us were on our feet singing......apart from most of the Williams stand.

Another problem is the amount of "Bristolians" who wear Man U,Liverpool,Chelsea or Arsenal shirts.Even bloody Leeds shirts !

I once worked with this scouse kiddy for a time who told me he'd worked all over the country.He told me he'd never witnessed so many people from a certain City or town wearing other club shirts as much as Bristol.

There are often times I wish I was a "dirty Northerner" (as we all put it) when it comes to football.At least they follow their local side and follow it with loyalty and passion.

Guest we8thegas

i know i know it was just wishful thinking,i sit in E block williams,sometimes D on the other side of the stairway and it always annoys me to see fans just sit there and watch us sing instead of joining in,not as if anyones going to take the pi$$ is it,just go for it chant6ez.gif

Thats an atmosphire, jeez.

Liverpool are fortunate in having maybe the best fans in the country.

My vote would be the Newcastle fans for diehardness though.  englandsmile4wf.gif

i would beg to differ

if you ask me the best fans in the country are those of cambridge who still go to away games despite being relegated out of the league.

Don't stand start on that Liverpool fans are wonderful people crap, and Newcastle fans are so passonate rubbish.

I went to Newcastle to watch City play in the early 90s the attendace was 11000 the same fixture at the gate a crowd of 14000 turned up.

Liverpool were playing in the semi final of the champions leauge you can not compare it to City v Doncaster in leauge 1.

Don't belive the Lansdown bulsh1t that its all the fans fault that we our so crap.

You lot must have short memories can't remember the games at the end of last season when we played QPR Plymouth in front of 20000 plus and what about the match against Hartlepool that game will live long in my memory.

It just goes to prove that when we have something to get behind we will and when we are dished up crap like this season we won't put up with it.

Thats an atmosphire, jeez.

Liverpool are fortunate in having maybe the best fans in the country.

My vote would be the Newcastle fans for diehardness though.  englandsmile4wf.gif

I've only been to Anfield and sat with the Liverpool fans once (a league game against Leeds, I was in the area)and was amazed at how quiet and subdued the ground was. The video is from a packed Kop as they take the lead in a European Cup semi final, I think you'd find Ashton Gate would be the equal of that in a similar situation. Besides, I'll bet the stands at the sides were full of old gits moaning that it wasn't a good enough goal and everything was bound to go wrong before long razz.gif

As has already been noted, the Newcastle fans being diehards thing is a complete myth.

The best and loudest home support I have ever encountered as an away fan has to be Portsmouth during our last relegation season. It was the only time in my 20 years of following City that the away fans have been comprehensively outsung even when stood/sat in the midst of them.

Archived