IGNORED

Referees, Arsenal And Penalties

lilciderhed

Watching the premiership last night and the ref's and linesmen do seem to 'like' Arsenal. Ref gave a fair share of dodgey decisions to Arsenal and he turned a 'blind eye' to Henry and Mills on two occasions.  :huh:
Had to say i found it f-in hilarious. Danny Mills is a muppet and a mouthy one at that.... I thought Henry was very restrained not to smack him in the mouth and his reaction after the penelty really showed Mills up for how pathetic he really is!!!

Nice one :angry:

and his reaction after the penelty really showed Mills up for how pathetic he really is!

Or it could just show how pathetic Henry was to reply in that manner? Call Mills what ever you like - be it a ponce or a muppet but the fact remains that he is a very good player who was just trying to get a psychological advantage over Henry. It didn't work, but from the highlights I saw,he did more in that game for 'boro than the rest of their players together. A player with passion? Luvvit!

I'm not going to bother replying to TFE as he seems to have it in for Danny Mills whatever he does.

Mills is not a good player atall, he is a poor player and we have better i.e Woodgate and G Neville, they play with passion and dont pretend their something their really not. a great example of a great player is someone like Sol Campbell, CAN be agressive, and CAN be dirty, but doesn't try to pretend he's the hardman, gets on with the game and shows how football should be played, Henry is a ##cking legend and no average/poor defender such as Mills will get near him, Henry was purely annoyed and showed why Mills should of kept his nose out of matters that WERN'T HIS to deal with.

I spoke to a PROFESSIONAL referee on this matter and he said Henry should NEVER of got booked for reacting, and he didn't so it all worked out in the end, i was taking abuse off a goalkeeper a year or so ago, and in the end stuck 2 past him, and was loving it, SO WHAT? i was right to love it, he was the idiot in the first place, purely celebrating a goal shouldn't have any affect, he didn't hit Mills?

Or it could just show how pathetic Henry was to reply in that manner? Call Mills what ever you like - be it a ponce or a muppet but the fact remains that he is a very good player who was just trying to get a psychological advantage over Henry. It didn't work, but from the highlights I saw,he did more in that game for 'boro than the rest of their players together. A player with passion? Luvvit!

I'm not going to bother replying to TFE as he seems to have it in for Danny Mills whatever he does.

Not doubting that he's a good player blah blah blah but again we have a player who lets his gobbyness get in the way. Henry acted in quite a childish manner yes but was also very restrained at the same time.

I wonder if Tommy Doc or a player similar was confronted with that situation?! A quick headbutt to 'solve' it perhaps?!.... :huh:

Mills is not a good player atall, he is a poor player
hmmm......... Hes played for england on a few occasions, hes played for a fairly sucessful leeds team that were playing in the champions league at one point, currently playing for boro, who are a decent side in the prem.

how can you call him a poor player? on the basis hes an aggressive side?

I think you'll find he is one of the best right backs for England.

MICHEAL RICKETTS HAS PLAYED TWICE FOR ENGLAND :huh:

Danny Mills did have it all...a decent quality player at Charlton he secured a move to a (supposedley) bigger club Capped for England at right-back and should have had the strength of character to make the place his own and not Gary Nevilles. But, its obviously in his genetic make-up to be a thug. And thugs very rarely achieve much in life. I predict he will plummet through the lower leagues once Middlesborough get sick of him and in the space of 3 years he'll be plying his trade for someone like Morecambe or Accrington.

Guest pogue mahone
But, its obviously in his genetic make-up to be a thug. And thugs very rarely achieve much in life.
unless they are called roy keane or patrick vieira.

quote "a great example of a great player is someone like Sol Campbell" - please stop it's hurting.

i can only assume that your loathing of mills originated from when he chose to join leeds and snubbed arsenal when they were interested in him.

Duncan, most of these agressive players are so agressive becuase they play with passion and Mills is not the exception. Henry plays with passion but he is one of the biggest show off's I can remember.

Mills is and excellent player, why Leeds put him out on loan I dont know.

Guest pogue mahone
Like Ashley Cole, Cygan and Kanu?  :P
think you are being a bit harsh on kanu there. after all he is the only member of the arsenal squad who has won the european cup, and none of the others look like doing it.

i suppose that's what frustrates arsenal fans, they thought they would be getting the 95-97 version of kanu. however what they seem to have ended up with is a bloke who lives in the comfort zone unless his contract is nearly expired.

Archived