IGNORED

Steve Brooker

RedM

Before the Doncaster match last week I had a bit of a discussion with people who matter about Stevie Brooker.

I felt that he hadn't impressed me with his first touch and how I was disappointed as I had expected more from him. I had seen him play against us previously and he always looked more dangerous in opposition.

I would like to apologise to him and give him credit as he has now playing like the player I expected him to be. I thought he was overpriced and not much better than what we had at the time.

I know all players go through bad patches, but often he lacked that 'spark' for me. Since he has been Captain in place of Smith he has really been a tower of strength and confidence, and I hope he continues next season from the start.

So

Sorry Steve Brooker, I was wrong. I think you do have the talent needed to get us up and out of this division! city.gif

Guest we8thegas

fair play to you thumbsup.gif

it is easy to criticise when things don't go to plan but not as easy to admit an error of judgement.

Every player has off days through knocks,aches fatigue but when he's on top form you can't knock his goals.

Best on i saw was a toss up between his first at home against doncaster when he caught flappers kick on his boot then buried it low and one on T.V when he ran the final 3rd and hit on from 25+yds low and so hard it was in the net in a split second,i nearly missed it by blinking

Archived