IGNORED

Teams To Fear Next Season

downendcity

I'm interested to see the teams that posters think we should worry about next season. As I see it, the only team we have to worry about is ourselves.

It might be a good thing if we are short of money, as that will focus Tinnion's mind on getting the absolute best out of the players he already has,knowing he won't be able to dip into the market if things don't seem to be working out. This might work to our advantage in another way in that we may see a more settled side if the manager can't keep bringing in new signings at the drop of a hat. In turn this will improve player's confidence, in particular the younger members of the squad.

Also next season the transfer window will apply, so once the season starts Tinnion knows he will have to work with what he has until the New Year at the earliest. We keep hearing that we have the best team " on paper". In fairness we probably have one of the strongest squads in depth and with the transfer window applying this could be our biggest strength next season.

If we play to our potential then I look forward to other teams worrying about us. Tinnion's had his early learning period. Nexct season is the real thing when he has to prove his worth as a manager.

P.S. I bit of respect should be given to Danny Wilson for what he's achieved at Franchise FC. I don't think many would have given him a prayer of keeping them up when he took over, but their recent run has been superb. It might also answer his critics on here who didn't rate him as a manager.I think it proves his ability to make the best of what he has available.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Yes still plenty of teams next season again,Sheff wed,notts forest,gilllingham,hatlepool,yeovil,bournemouth,tranmere,huddersfield,brentford,bradford,I feel all these sides be strong again so city have to be strong and physically a good strong centre half is a must against these sort of sides.

Team's to fear? whistling.gif

Not this club mate, you might have us confused with the Sags down the road.

We are the team people fear, not the other way round.

Forest will be a good game, but why would you fear them?

Odd post disapointed2se.gif

Yes still plenty of teams next season again,Sheff wed,notts forest,gilllingham,hatlepool,yeovil,bournemouth,tranmere,huddersfield,brentford,bradford,I feel all these sides be strong again so city have to be strong and physically a good strong centre half is a must against these sort of sides.

Hahah don't made me laugh rofl2br.gif

The above teams are NOT teams to be fearful of, Jesus Christ we're not Swindon!

We need to be positive, do you think Man Utd fear anyone?

Guest jon

Watch out for Walsall. They seem to have hit a rich vein of form towards the end of the season and may sign some of their loanees on permanent deals next term.

I take Evocare's point however. We should be the team to fear next season...if only we get a good start for a change!

Scooter Red

Relegated teams rarely bounce straight back up again. This division often comes as a bit of a shock, so I'm not too concerned about Forest, Gillingham or Rotherham.

The three teams who are eliminated from the play offs will all be challenging again, if they can retain their good players or even add to their squads. I can't really see any of the promoted teams being good enough to make a sustained promotion challenge, though Yeovil may well surprise us all as they are a team who have been on the up for the last few years.

Agree about Walsall as another team to watch, along with Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Bradford and Barnsley.

I agree that we shouldnt really fear any team but there are plenty to watch out for.

I fully expect a strong challenge from Donny Rovers and Nottm Forest. Donny looked a great side the other week and they have a chairman who is willing to invest in them.

Forest will be up there too. They arent the same as when Sheffield Wednesday came down - They had a sh!te manager and were in serious financial trouble. Forest have Gary Megson and very little debt. I expect them to mount a serious challenge.

On current form, Huddersfield and Walsall should make a better fight of it too.

Forest will be up there too. They arent the same as when Sheffield Wednesday came down - They had a sh!te manager and were in serious financial trouble. Forest have Gary Megson and very little debt. I expect them to mount a serious challenge.

Are sure about the debt?

http://www.sportinglife.com/clients/ft/foo...CER_Forest.html

I heard that their chairman is trying to clear the short term debt but they will still owe the local council over £4 million for their new stand.

In 2003-4 they spent nearly 80% (£8.4 million) of their turnover on players salaries signing on fees etc.

Added to this they have at least 11 players out of contract. I expect to see a massive exodus from Forest between now and the start of the new season.

Added to this they have at least 11 players out of contract.  I expect to see a massive exodus from Forest between now and the start of the new season.

Totally agree tompo, a lot of their squad will leave and megson is going to have a tough job in rebuilding a brand new side. To be honest i reckon it will be a bit of an MK dons season for them

Fear nobody but oldham are another team with a chance next season.

Any team with a twentyfive a season striker (Luke Beckett) will be a threat (except us obviously). Ronnie Moore could easily turn them back to the promotion challenging side they were under Dowie. It won't be pretty but it will be effective.

Reclining seats anyone? rolleyes.gif

Archived