IGNORED

Tommy Doc....

BS4 on Tour...

This is just senseless - transfer listing one of the most combative, committed midfielders in League 1!!!

Tommy always gives his all to the cause and is miles better than Dinning, Orr etc.

Tommy's style allows Luke Wilkshire to play his natural game and his contribution is not given enough credit.

How many more Bristolians are going to leave?!

This is unbelievable and will really make me think twice about buying a season ticket for next season.

I don't care what Tommy does off the pitch - his performances for us are good enough for me.

dunno.gif

Guest marcclifton

i really like watching midfielders who are lazy, don't score much, unfit, slow, bad passes, not up for the cause, does not want to be at this club. Tommy to go, yes please.

Guest we8thegas
This is just senseless - transfer listing one of the most combative, committed midfielders in League 1!!!

Tommy always gives his all to the cause and is miles better than Dinning, Orr etc.

Tommy's style allows Luke Wilkshire to play his natural game and his contribution is not given enough credit.

This is unbelievable and will really make me think twice about buying a season ticket for next season.

I don't care what Tommy does off the pitch - his performances for us are good enough for me.

dunno.gif

if tommy's abilities are good enough for you to watch then maybe you should watch non league football,all i've seen of him is argue,pick up needless cards,puff/pant by half time then subbed after 60 mins so if your ok with that then pop up the downs league rofl2br.gif

Sorry but i cant agree

Over the last few seasons teams like

Cardiff

Qpr

Brighton

Plymouth

Luton

Wigan

have shown the way to get out of this Division

is with a team full of ATHLETES and a little bit

of skill.

In the time the above teams have gone up

our so called best two midfielders have been

TINNION and TOMMY DOC (not one athlete between them!!)

Ship tommy out and get a midfielder in who

can get from one box to the other

dunno.gif

i totally agree with you mate, tommy doc has put more effort and desire for bristol city than what some of our midfielders have.

tommy doc cannot leave the club, he is the best defensive midfielder we have got

Shame Tommys last memories with us have been in a season where we have underperformed and his on field and off-field behaviour has been poor. I wish him luck whoever he plays for. I will remember him for the seasons where he played well and hope he can sort himelf out with a new club.

Guest we8thegas
i totally agree with you mate, tommy doc has put more effort and desire for bristol city than what some of our midfielders have.

tommy doc cannot leave the club, he is the best defensive midfielder we have got

if he put in as much effort and desire into the club/fitness packing in smoking as he does at the bar he'd be staying put banghead.gif

All this talk of bad man management always frustrates me. As far as I can see, any player can do as little as possible with regards to getting/keeping fit, giving up smoking, drinking sensibly and working hard in training and when their performance isn't up to scratch they won't get any of the blame because it's the managers fault!

If any of us had the chance to play professional football for any team (maybe not Cardiff or the Gas)let alone the one we claim to have loved since childhood, wouldn't we give up fags and booze for that chance?

The players that haven't performed have not let Tinnion down, they've let all of us down.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~522806,00.html

Player of the year last season, strange how has fallen this year. Bad man management perhaps?

It puzzled me at the time but now I can see how he got it - a large proprtion of fans wearing blinkers and voting for him even though he didn't turn up for half that season either !

Sorry but I just don't buy all this best player at the club/in the league rubbish - based on what evidence ? He's contributed no goals this season, I can't even think of an assist, he rarely gets out of our half and never gets beyond the ball. Agree that he's contributed some solid first half performances, but he then runs out of steam and gets been booked for arguing and/or subbed because he's clearly unfit. The best I can say about him is that he dosen't often make mistakes and when he's on his game he bosses the midfield, but that just isn't often enough.

I'm going to come back in a years time, when we have finished 12th, and we lack a combative midfielder and tell you all I told you so.

Brewster and Mark Reynolds are exactly right. Tommy's job dictates that he is not seen too much, we are supposed to see him break up attacks and protect the defence, allowing more creative players to do their thing.

He is exactly what we need.

Bad man-management?

The words nail and head spring to mind.

Those of you who say that players don't need effective man management don't know football.

I'm going to come back in a years time, when we have finished 12th, and we lack a combative midfielder and tell you all I told you so.

Brewster and Mark Reynolds are exactly right. Tommy's job dictates that he is not seen too much, we are supposed to see him break up attacks and protect the defence, allowing more creative players to do their thing.

He is exactly what we need.

Bad man-management?

The words nail and head spring to mind.

Those of you who say that players don't need effective man management don't know football.

Fair enough and I accept that his position dosen't lend itself to high profile performances, the main issue is that however good he is or isn't he just dosen't make enough starts and when he does start he cannot manage the full 90 minutes. We all know that his off the pitch habits are affecting his game and there are limits to what any manager can do about that - why waste time and energy trying to motivate a disinterested player when you could just as easily replace him ? Surely it's better to have a mediocre player who will last a whole game than an above average one that can't, especially in the middle of the park in the most physically demanding position on the pitch ?

Fair enough and I accept that his position dosen't lend itself to high profile performances, the main issue is that however good he is or isn't he just dosen't make enough starts and when he does start he cannot manage the full 90 minutes. We all know that his off the pitch habits are affecting his game and there are limits to what any manager can do about that - why waste time and energy trying to motivate a disinterested player when you could just as easily replace him ? Surely it's better to have a mediocre player who will last a whole game than an above average one that can't, especially in the middle of the park in the most physically demanding position on the pitch ?

I disagree that we can replace him though. There is nobody better in the league in his position.

In my opinion gone are the days where you can bully players into doing what you want, and Tinnion seems to ship out any players who disagree with him, which seems to be everybody over the age of 21!

The fitness issue needs to be addressed by Tommy and the coaching staff, but why sell him on and let somebody else reap the benefits?

We need a tough tackling midfielder, and a fit Tommy Doherty (I accept that this is all too rare) is the best in the league.

Archived